Big-out H-hop Nubs

frogfish

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Van Meulder: Sorry for upsetting your elitist attitude. I was just trying to save some time.

The hell, this has nothing to do with elitism. It's just the fact that there is no such thing as a rule about this. You have to see for yourself which one works best in your gun.

Van Meulder: Sorry for upsetting your elitist attitude. I was just trying to save some time.

This is a forum but to be honest he wasn't being unplesant, you were.

It's just the fact that there is no such thing as a rule about this. You have to see for yourself which one works best in your gun.

Exactly, there is no definite answer for this, no-ones done any proper tests and there are so many variables eg. barrel length, fps, rof, amount of polish on bb etc..

I have ordered 2 element red hop rubbers and will test one in my spetz. The other is for my AUG (also on order)

I will do a comparison between red rubber and H White nub and regular rubber and H white nub.

i will fire a two 10 round groupings from bench at 20m (outside) one using .2g's and one using .25g's Then change hops and re test.

With the more accurate of the two rubbers i will try the black and compare between. (hopefully this should stop further arguing)

Results and photo's will posted shortly after

For the record the H hop did make a difference with a standard rubber on both my M16 (deceased) and my spetz. It has also been said that the black is for short barrels and the white is for long.

Results in 7-10 days

K_K

Also be aware that some rubbers need an amount of ammo through them to bed them in and settle.

One of the first upgrades I do on any gun is throw in a clear guarder hop rubber. The first few 100 hundred rounds don't appear to show much difference, but after that, a decent improvement over a stock rubber.

Not one to ###### in the cereal but that isn't exactly so, I've seen most UK users post they use white hops and they're running between 300-350.

Personally I think the white hops are more forgiving, given the harder material I found that with just slightly too much hop using a black nub I found I very easily got jams, this was with a guarder clear bucking though....

Bucking

Black up to M120.

Red M120 - M140.

Blue M140 and higher.

H-hop

White up to 300fps (330 at a pinch)

Black over 300fps

Manufacturers specifications.

But the black doesn't have the V-shape inside? Only red and blue do?

What are these M120-M140 ratings? Are these spring ratings, or meters per second?

Spring ratings, but they roughly translate to metre per second. Of course they vary slightly from brand to brand and what gun/gearbox they are fitted in.

The rubber I took out of my m14 was much harder than the element 45 i put in and i have my suspicions that it may have torn, I'll be opening it up again on the weekend.

If I remember correctly matt you have an AGM M14? I laughed when I saw the hop rubber it was like old boot rubber it was that thick!

Archived