Big-out H-hop Nubs

frogfish

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Howdy all,

I've been experimenting with these various buckings and H hops. So far I have a black element 45 hardness bucking, a blue element V bucking at 65 hardness and a Guarder 50 hardness Clear bucking.

Now, I know a lot of people are trying to find V-buckings to work with their H nubs, etc. So far I've see two options, either the Firely bucking or the Element copy of it.

Well, I just recieved a guarder silicone, clear bucking in the mail, and I noticed that the bucking is a bit different from the ones I'm normally used to seeing. It appears to be a V-Hop similar to that of Firely and Element. I purchased mine from EhobbyAsia.

A normal bucking (at least for me) is just a length of tubing, rounded on the inside without any protrusion into the middle of it. Now this bucking, similar to the Element V-buckings, has a little indent or built up area on the inside of the bucking. Just like a V-bucking, this one has a raise area on the inside that a nub would press against and thus exert more of a hop effect to the BB.

Comparing the element Blue V-bucking with this Clear Guarder bucking, the Guarder seems to have a more pronounced bump. The bump seems a lot wider and a bit longer than the Element one.

Is this a new design from Guarder? Is this a new option for those of us wanting V-buckings? Is anyone running one of these? What kind of performance are you seeing?

I will be testing mine for myself, but I will be gone this weekend and it will be a few days before I have time to experiment.

edit: thanks for the correction, Zmarre. Do normal buckings have this broad indention? The only stock bucking I've got lying around is the ICS, and it doesn't have any sort of interior indent, V or otherwise.

If I could get confirmation on one thing it would be great. I'm upgrading my g36c to get as much accuracy as I can at 400fps with .2s (I'm using .25 or .28), I've got the element H nubs, and I am ordering a firefly bucking. Which should I sue with which? I've gotten the impression is should be the firefly soft, with the element white, but if someone could clarify that for me it would be great. For further improvement would the prowin hop chamber be good? Sorry for the thread jack, I just didn't want to start a new one when my questions were so close.

• 2 months later...

sorry to necro post guys but ive been pointed over here after asking some impertinent questions in my g36 thread and was wondering if you could give me a bit of advice.

firstly im planning a long barreled g36 (its not a standard config before anyone starts correcting model names :P ) and im planning on running it as a DMR at around 330fps so by this standard and all ive seemed to glean out of this a red rubber and white hope is the way forward, correct?

secondly i have a g36c from jg that at present is running one of the guarder advanced hop rubber, the ones with the nipple inside, and a standard hop how much would a H hop improve it range/accuracy? is it even worth doing? or do i just swap it out for the red and white combo?

third and finally, minimis, so far ive seen no mention of these, i at present have an a&k m249 para (so not the worlds longest barrel) and am running a guarder advanced hop rubber in this as well in a CA hop unit. is the H-hop even compatible with the CA hop unit ive installed in it? if so then its the same question as above really, do i leave it as is with standard hop and advanced rubber? do i add the h-hop? or do i just go ahead and swap both the hop and rubber?

cheers

millest

I'd just like to share the experience I've had with Element red and blue v-hops, and black and white H-hop nubs.

Both Element v-hops were crooked, and as a result hooked the shots.

The H-nubs also had a tendency to hook the shots.

Now I only use normal rubbers (currently using systema, guarder clear, and CA rubbers in my guns). The nubs are either stock Dboys nubs, or pieces cut from the extension tube on a can of duster gas.

That said, I did in an emergency use a black H nub in my RX4, modded to compensate for a crooked hop-up chamber, and I must say it performed great. Now using CA hop chamber + piece of duster tube.

I just (like 30 minutes ago), finished putting an Element H hop nub and the Element red rubber (with the "v" cut in it), into Spoonman's M4. The stock range on his m4 was garbage. With this put in, we've added at least 20 feet. Now, it's too dark to give you an accurate measurement, but it works really well. I have the same setup (except with the blue hop rubber), in my 500 fps M14 and it's great! I can range out to 200 feet with .30g bbs.

• 11 months later...
Guys help please :)

For High ROF (above 27RPS) and FPS 328 what would you guys suggest ?

Currently i am loosing 50 FPS in compression issues

And you think that this the hop rubber because... ?!

I'd check cylinder, cylinder head, o-rings etc. etc. Well actually I am a lazy *boogah* and I'd take it to my friendly, neighbourhood gunsmith but this is what he'd check. Hop rubber = range, accuracy?

And you think that this the hop rubber because... ?!

I'd check cylinder, cylinder head, o-rings etc. etc. Well actually I am a lazy *boogah* and I'd take it to my friendly, neighbourhood gunsmith but this is what he'd check. Hop rubber = range, accuracy?

yeah i am sure as i have checked everything else :)

On the topic of range and FPS what about the Madbull version

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/madbull-60-degr...ucking-red.html

Its the same as the element on and its better priced ?

Archived