Big-out H-hop Nubs

frogfish

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Black H nub applies less hop-up, it's actually physically smaller and the H is less pronounced.

So, if you find that you're overhopping with the white (IE: high power with soft rubber), use the black nub. Otherwise, the white will do.

Ok... So, this here is the H-top Nub 2bd7_2.JPG

And where do we put this piece? Is it the small one wich pushes the hop rubber?

Is it to put in the place of the small piece in front of the spring wich is on top?

SystemaHopup.jpg

Will the H hop up work with a V Bucking?

I personally have a gun shooting way to hot for here (don't know if I can post this since I'm in the USA but it shoots at 485fps, please delete if this is not permitted)... the best results I've had was with my Prometheus Hard (red) and the Black Nub. The white nub was sending the bbs high and to the left, once I switched to the black it shot straight and further.

BTW: I always use .28g bbs from TSD and soon will be trying out PHX.

I'm also going to order the element Blue and Red Hop sleeves to try out in this gun and my M4 which currently has a guarder clear rubber.

What nub and rubber can be recomendet to use in my Systema hopup and with a velocity around 598 fps. ??

Go with a blue rubber and try out both the black and white nubs (you buy them in 2 packs anyways)

please post your results as it would be nice to see the effects on such a high velocity rifle.

K_K

Don't you love it when people don't read?

What nub and rubber can be recomendet to use in my Systema hopup and with a velocity around 598 fps. ??

I personally have a gun shooting way to hot for here (don't know if I can post this since I'm in the USA but it shoots at 485fps, please delete if this is not permitted)... the best results I've had was with my Prometheus Hard (red) and the Black Nub. The white nub was sending the bbs high and to the left, once I switched to the black it shot straight and further.

BTW: I always use .28g bbs from TSD and soon will be trying out PHX.

I'm also going to order the element Blue and Red Hop sleeves to try out in this gun and my M4 which currently has a guarder clear rubber.

The Black H nub applies less hop-up, it's actually physically smaller and the H is less pronounced.

So, if you find that you're overhopping with the white (IE: high power with soft rubber), use the black nub. Otherwise, the white will do.

Ok... So, this here is the H-top Nub http://i22.ebayimg.com/07/i/000/c0/b7/2bd7_2.JPG

And where do we put this piece? Is it the small one wich pushes the hop rubber?

Is it to put in the place of the small piece in front of the spring wich is on top?

http://www.hotspotairsoft.com/hsastore/ima...ystemaHopup.jpg

Will the H hop up work with a V Bucking?

All correct sir.

Go with a blue rubber and try out both the black and white nubs (you buy them in 2 packs anyways)

please post your results as it would be nice to see the effects on such a high velocity rifle.

K_K

I will let you konw..

I been using the Guarder rubber but they starts acting funny after not som mant shots, they get worn out to fast!

Goi'n to try Prometheus Red now and see if this harder type will last longer and also give better overall preformance?

And maby i will order some Ellement? (can't find them localy so i got to order from Rsov, localy they only have Systema, ClassicArmy, Prometheus and Guarder)

The weapon i got is a G&P-M4A1 with custumized Systema "M170" mecabox (598 fps.)

Im' now in the proces of building a new super powerfull sniper AEG. from a G&P-SR25.

http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?i...-AEG-610_cat_GP AEGs

It will use Prometheus Maximum torque gears, hard piston and pistonhead + a Systema magnum motor, and a mix of other Prometheus, Guarder and Systema reinforced parts, and Kranzen ceramic 7 mm. bushings.

The G&P is chosen for its standard reinforced and werry strong gearbox.

The spring will be a speciel custum made M200 (not comercialy availeble) that from this barrel length and a 6,03 mm. presision barrel gives around 700 fps.

A guy i know got one and it works fine but only on semi auto (SR25 is also only SA.) full auto at ROF 15rps. was tryed on a G&P-SPR/A but killed the gear & piston to fast! SA is ok, and piston last about 6000 rounds (wich is a lot for a SA sniper. at M120 the piston can last for 100000 + rounds at FA and ROF 25 rps.)

He does however got a litle problems finding a hop up rubber that works properly at this velocity, this to wears out extremly fast.

This we try to solve now.

Other guys i talket to have same problems with presurised air sniper rifels at 825 to 985 fps. (0.20 gr bullit)

Hop up rubber starts giving problems around M160 - m170 icon9.gificon2.gif

In Denmark boltaction sniper rifles around and over 710 - 720 fps. is not unusual to encounter (top tuned G-Spec's) and with presurised air around 1000 fps. is the limit that iv'e encountert the rifles (usualy Tanaka Gas sniper's) simply can't take any more pressure and starts to fall apart over that pressure/velocity and no hop-up can funktion properly. (but a few have actualy gotten away with just around the magic 1000 fps.)

The AEG limit is just around 700 fps. over that gears and pistons (no matter what type and how good & strong) simply is eaten in the same rate as bullit consumption icon2.gif

ps.

UPS!!...I just came across some place here that states that site limit for velocity when it comes to talk about modefications here is around 320 fps.. :huh: (wich by Danish standards is NOTHING! and what is used with no safety distance at all, there are pistols that do that!! :D almost everybody here plays with 400 - 420 fps. except CQB. indoors, and quite a lot of snipers 400 +++ fps. practical no upper limit!) hope this dosen't mean that we can't discuss it at all??

I wont state here HOW excatly these werry high velocity is done in exact detail or where to get the springs used and so on... but only what i got my self and what we do in Denmark, hope that is ok?? :mellow:

And what i ask about is actualy only wich hopup rubber is the best for high power/velocity, not HOW to obtain high velocity.

It will use Prometheus Maximum torque gears, hard piston and pistonhead + a Systema magnum motor, and a mix of other Prometheus, Guarder and Systema reinforced parts, and Kranzen ceramic 7 mm. bushings.

The G&P is chosen for its standard reinforced and werry strong gearbox.

The spring will be a speciel custum made M200 (not comercialy availeble) that from this barrel length and a 6,03 mm. presision barrel gives around 700 fps.

and what i ask about is actualy only wich hopup rubber is the best for high power/velocity, not HOW to obtain high velocity.

LOL! That may be true but you helped other people. HOLY ###### A M200....Anyways try http://www.filairsoft.com/forum/index.php they have some people with similar setups FPS wise. Your best bet is a really hard rubber. I might even say a flexible plastic like the one used on AI's newest propane adapter(of course that implies it is going to have to be custom and fixed hopup). Guarder blacks might be what you need. Prometheus reds also be considered as mentioned above. Firefly Hard. Element Blue aka 65 degrees. PGC bucking. Also you might want to look into a brass ring for you barrel for better air seal at that FPS. Man what weight bb you use?

LOL! That may be true but you helped other people. HOLY ###### A M200....Anyways try http://www.filairsoft.com/forum/index.php they have some people with similar setups FPS wise. Your best bet is a really hard rubber. I might even say a flexible plastic like the one used on AI's newest propane adapter(of course that implies it is going to have to be custom and fixed hopup). Guarder blacks might be what you need. Prometheus reds also be considered as mentioned above. Firefly Hard. Element Blue aka 65 degrees. PGC bucking. Also you might want to look into a brass ring for you barrel for better air seal at that FPS. Man what weight bb you use?

The 598 fps. i godt now from my M4A1 is with 0,20 gr.

Normaly i'll use 0,36 and this will do fine out to 80 - 85 yd. with acceptable pressision (hiting a ½ man size target)

Been using the Guarder rubber but it wears out to fast, so on 700 fps. it wont work at all.

Goin to try the Prometheus red now.

I'll use 0,47 gr. with the soon comming 700 fps. SR25

Here i know that you can snipe targets out to 100 yd. with fine presisison (head shots)

Hope the Ellement Blue will work here???

Im goin to geat a Tanaka Boltaction Gas sniper later this spring and put it on pressurised air and 1000 fps.

here i realy need some hopup rubber that can take a beating!...

I know forom one i talked to and the Prometheus red dos'n function well here so maby the Ellement blue..

Don't know if there is any harder??

I want to just let you know that even most hard rubbers won't last long at that FPS. Especially when the highest rated spring available without ordering custom is like 550 FPS after the spring has settled. Dude... 1000 FPS is like lethal... The tanaka takes AEG buckings?(don't know much about SWS). I think you might be better off making a custom one.

I want to just let you know that even most hard rubbers won't last long at that FPS. Especially when the highest rated spring available without ordering custom is like 550 FPS after the spring has settled. Dude... 1000 FPS is like lethal... The tanaka takes AEG buckings?(don't know much about SWS). I think you might be better off making a custom one.

A god thing about pressurised air is the ability to regulate the pressure acording to distance, as you state 1000 fps. the absolut maximum before the rifle self disintegrates :D is alomst lethal!! so normaly pepole shoot at around 500 - 650 fps. wich will give you a betwen 75 to 100 yd. distance. (1000 fps. is for the one extreme long distance shot over 100 yd. on rare ocation but normalt it would be to dangerously to have it set on that vel.)

But many here in DK have spring guns that rate 650 to 700 fps. (VSR10 G-Spec fuly custumized ant top tuned.)

If you show up with a weapon fixt at 900 to 1000 fps, nobody would "play" with you!!

But the "pressurised air guys" have that capasity and a rather big responsebility when it comes to safety distance! but it IS legal!

Apart from that i think that NO hop up rubber can work with velocitys PERMANENTLY over 700 fps.

Actualy it becomes difficult to get BB's that will withstand 1000 fps. some 0,47 gr. can do it, but it is a chance to take, i seen them disintegrate in the barrel at over 825fps.

So my air pressure Tanaka will properly be sat at around 800 fps. (a small edge over the 700 fps. spring guns)

AND! It will be cool to be able to reach out and "touch" as a counter sniper, these guys with these rifels, with a AEG. on 700 fps. he he he!! so i must find a hop up that will take that beating at least!..

People might hate you but you could get metal BB's. Promy Red is probably your answer.

Yes i can get them! but here in DK. it might be lagal to paly with alomst any velocity for snipers and semi auto & boltaction as long safety distance is respected.

BUT no game will alow steel BB's.

0,47 gr. plast BB's are the limit.

Rules is that for indoor CQB: 333 fps. is the limit.

Out door CQB: 380 fps.

Outdoor and full auto most games allow: 422 fps.

LSW and LMG: 450 fps.

Sniper on SA: 550 fps. (max. two bullits in air)

Bolt action: no limit. (technical limits)

Some millsim games then allow either Semi auto or full auto for up to 700 fps. for Designatet marksman weapons, but that is local team agrements! not official.

Some plays without any limits for anything at ll!... what ever your weapon can handle is ok!

But most pepole plays with two weapons one for normal outdor game at 422 fps. and a secondary or backup on 333 fps. for CQB.

Most important is the safety distance ruuls, that everybody MUST! obay!!

Above 250m/s = 50 meters

(245m/s) 6,00 joule = 45 meters

(225m/s) 5,00 joule = 40 meters

(210m/s) 4,50 joule = 35 meters

(175m/s) 3,00 joule = 30 meters

(160m/s) 2,60 joule = 25 meters

(150m/s) 2,25 joule = 20 meters

(140m/s) 2,00 joule = 15 meters

(130m/s) 1,70 joule = 10 meters

(120m/s) 1,50 joule = 6 meters

(100m/s) 1,00 joule = 1 meter

Below 100m/s = 0 meters

This messured with 0,2 gr bullit.

But steel BB's!?? NOT nomatter what velocity or safety distance!!

There is mixed reviews about the madbull sharks. IDK, it might be worth trying out. However, why try that out when you can go to ebay get the element nub from ehobby. Also are you referring to the hop up sleeves? Those could also be purchased at ehobby or where ever that has element red and blue (55degrees and 65degrees respectively and are V-hops).

Also are you referring to the hop up sleeves? Those could also be purchased at ehobby or where ever that has element red and blue (55degrees and 65degrees respectively and are V-hops).

Those hop sleeves come bundled with the red and blue element V hop rubbers along with what I can only tell is a brass flash hider insert to support the barrel.

Archived