Big-out H-hop Nubs

frogfish

tiff wut you talking about? I was just asking if he was talking about the hop up bucking or the nub in the shark set. The hop up bucking doesn't come with a H nub. Also I was offering a suggestion of what to get if he were just talking about the bucking or the combo of the sleeve and lame shark nub.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
tiff wut you talking about? I was just asking if he was talking about the hop up bucking or the nub in the shark set. The hop up bucking doesn't come with a H nub. Also I was offering a suggestion of what to get if he were just talking about the bucking or the combo of the sleeve and lame shark nub.

I thought it was obvious I was merely referring to something you had said.

There is mixed reviews about the madbull sharks. IDK, it might be worth trying out. However, why try that out when you can go to ebay get the element nub from ehobby. Also are you referring to the hop up sleeves? Those could also be purchased at ehobby or where ever that has element red and blue (55degrees and 65degrees respectively and are V-hops).

So I said

Those hop sleeves come bundled with the red and blue element V hop rubbers along with what I can only tell is a brass flash hider insert to support the barrel.

Point being they don't need to be purchased seperately as they come bundled.

Oh and at no point did I even mention H nubs.

for teh crazy high fps setups, ive heard of people using a bic pen's ink tube as a hop up, and apparently they work well, and i doubt that kind of hard plastic would wear out easily, and if it does, you can get like 5 out of 1 bic pen, which is like 5 cents at any store.

I've tried it. My accuracy was horrid. I switched back to the stock CA hop up nub and accuracy returned to normal. And people do the ink pen tube mod with almost any setup.

The problem is the plastic in the pen tube didn't flex as well as most hop up nubs I have do (which are usually made out of rubber or silicon). Of course, this was simply my experience and as someone brilliantly suggested in this very topic, one must experiment with different parts to find the most effective setup for them.

I've also heard of people cutting their own out of rubber from random objects they've found, but then again, I've also heard of people making custom gear sets, so I guess anything is possible if you have the appropriate tools. ^_^

Just ben in contact with some that has bad expirience with Ellement blue 65 hup up rubber and claims that it's S H I T !

And that i shuld go for Prometheus HARD red type insted.

Also Guarders black 70 shuld be good and much better than Ellement.???

Guess i have to get em all and try out?? :huh:

BTW i wrote that iv'e been using Guarders Rubber earlyer, this was wrong!... it is SYSTAMS hop up rubber i been using and have some problems with as well as G&P and CA's rubber simply dosn't work well at over 500 fps.

Im' goin to try Guarder and Prometheus now at first.

Don't know if ill try Ellement? it's actualy softer than Guarder's...

Anybody tryed any of these Guarder & Prometheus at high velocity??

phillip - please do give feedback when you ave tried something new.

Do you have any links to webpages and such where you talk about veru high fps tunings? I am also concidering of building a Sa sniper rifle based on a ICS M16 w/ spr kit and I would like to get as much info on everything that might help me as I can.

Also - I sent you a PM, it would be nice if you could answer.

Bjorn

Just ben in contact with some that has bad expirience with Ellement blue 65 hup up rubber and claims that it's S H I T !

And that i shuld go for Prometheus HARD red type insted.

Also Guarders black 70 shuld be good and much better than Ellement.???

Guess i have to get em all and try out?? :huh:

BTW i wrote that iv'e been using Guarders Rubber earlyer, this was wrong!... it is SYSTAMS hop up rubber i been using and have some problems with as well as G&P and CA's rubber simply dosn't work well at over 500 fps.

Im' goin to try Guarder and Prometheus now at first.

Don't know if ill try Ellement? it's actualy softer than Guarder's...

Anybody tryed any of these Guarder & Prometheus at high velocity??

The ELEMENT V hops protrude less into the barrel - the Guarder and Systema hops protrude into the barrel LOTs.

The Prometheus Red Hard Hop-up I used is ######. It worked for a few hundred rounds then kept jamming.

phillip - please do give feedback when you ave tried something new.

Do you have any links to webpages and such where you talk about veru high fps tunings? I am also concidering of building a Sa sniper rifle based on a ICS M16 w/ spr kit and I would like to get as much info on everything that might help me as I can.

Also - I sent you a PM, it would be nice if you could answer.

Bjorn

In Denmark we have no velocity/power limits (other than when the guns start faling apart and self disintegrate!! :D )

700 fps++ is common seen among sniper rifles (eaven a few super high pressure compressed air rifles og Hit Max at around 1000 fps. )

All there is is safety distance rules, and a generel acceptance that indoor CQB. is around M100 to max. M110 (ususly 333 til 390 fps. = normal standard AEG "factory" power) and standard milsim and outdoor combat on full auto is M120 (423 fps.)

But for snipers om semiauto og boltaction there usualy is no limit.

First thing most pepole do when they get a AEG is to tune it into 129 m/s. (423 fps.) puti'n a Guarder SP120 spring in..

(Denmark home of the Vikings! he he he ! not afraid of a litle velocity and pain :D )

If you want to know more? and discuss freely then try this site out:

http://www.airsoftzone.dk/community/index....a06aa14c456b665

Only drawback for a lot of you is it's in Danish :D

But allmost all pepole there speaks and understand and can write in english.

Denmark have some of the worlds most skilled knowhow and mecanics for high power rifles.

you enjoy stressing that the rifles in denmark can shoot at near lethal speeds, dont you <_<

Naaaa... :mellow: just get a s.h.i.t load of Pm. about it and pepole who are interestet.

Seems like that the velocity restrictions are a pain in the A** for a lot of pepole, specialy snipers (you simply CANT! snipe seriously at velocitys and her by ranges in the 300's :huh: )

lethal speed??? far from!

This is my arm hit by 520 fps. at 10m. thats not so bad!..

DSC03056k.jpg

Stings a litle! and incedents like this is rare! most high power snipers respects SAFETY DISTANCE!

This i got for sneekin up on a guy armed with a PTW MAX at 520 fps. (a sniper spotter)

I shuld have engaged him at 30 m. but I absolutly shuld try to be Rambo and take him out at close range! MY FAULT! not his! he didn't have time to get his backup and reacted instinctivly.

But THAT! is far from lathal! 700 up to 1000 fps. is also far from lethal! not even at 10 m. NOBODY shoots anybody at close rance at these velocitys! its just NO GO! so there realy is no problem in it or these high velocitys..

But if you realy want to be a serious airsoft sniper and not a joke!? you must be able to hit out at min. 50 til 70 m. and that requiers velocitys at betwen 550 and 750 fps.

And since im in the sniper/counter sniper "game" high velocity is a serious issure! the more power you can squeze out reliabely of your rifle the more range and the more fun it is!..

And here The laws in DK is fine when it comes to that!... :P

The risk of injurys playing in Denmark is minimal, most adult players are werry responsible and respects safety distance and specialy when armed with high power weapons! (there are more injurys from pistols at 300 fps. and below, in indoor CQB. then from AEG's at 400 - 500 fps. in normal outdoor game when you look at statistics in the game)

And injurys when they rarely happens are not any worse then here shown on the pic. of my arm.

BTW.

This is the worst case i seen of somebody been shot with highpower below safety distance

135f.jpg

But then he can learn NOT to just wear t-shity when you are up against pepole with 425 - 500 ++ weapons!.. :D

But AGAIN! this is werry RARE!!

Right to help this thread move away from talk of Danes sloting each other with nutty FPS.

I've fitted my H nub and V hop! all i say is OH MY GOD! V hop made a big difference over stock rubber, then adding the H nub made it all the more sweeter. :D Now i have used a h hop with standard rubber and V rubbers, and can safely say that while it makes some difference with a standard the effect seems to compliment a V more so.

Therefore in my opinion it would be best to purchase both together and use them both.

FYI my groupings have been reduced by AT LEAST half! and it still needs to bed in more

K_K

Right to help this thread move away from talk of Danes sloting each other with nutty FPS.

I've fitted my H nub and V hop! all i say is OH MY GOD! V hop made a big difference over stock rubber, then adding the H nub made it all the more sweeter. :D Now i have used a h hop with standard rubber and V rubbers, and can safely say that while it makes some difference with a standard the effect seems to compliment a V more so.

Therefore in my opinion it would be best to purchase both together and use them both.

FYI my groupings have been reduced by AT LEAST half! and it still needs to bed in more

K_K

Thank you for this update. What brand H-Hop where you using. Oh and what was the standard rubber you are comparing too.

My AK @ 400fps was shooting 2" groups at 20m with a guarder clear hopup and standard bucking with a CA 6.04mm tightbore.

Then, I put in a Element 65 V hop and ELEMENT white H hop-up nub.

It now does 1" groups. I can shoot 5 shots through the same hole at 10m.

Also, the trajectory of the bb is much better - it goes in a straight line then drops, with very, very little rise at the end of the effective range.

that guy needs to work out. haha just teasin

anyway, it may be a while.. but I'll find this thread again once I

install:

http://store.matrixbb.com/servlet/-strse-2...-Bucking/Detail

Systema Bucking I was told it was good for upgraded guns (400 fps or so)

And I'll also go for the Element H nub off ehobby asia...

I'll post my results:

M120 systema oil tempered spring, mad bull 6.03 tight bore, 2007 ICS M4

I'll have to get back to you guys

awesome thread. rather helpful, just information is throughout the whole thread

requiring a bit of reading. no biggy, but if it got organized, I think it could be a sticky (as someone else stated).

thanks guys!

My AK @ 400fps was shooting 2" groups at 20m with a guarder clear hopup and standard bucking with a CA 6.04mm tightbore.

Then, I put in a Element 65 V hop and ELEMENT white H hop-up nub.

It now does 1" groups. I can shoot 5 shots through the same hole at 10m.

Also, the trajectory of the bb is much better - it goes in a straight line then drops, with very, very little rise at the end of the effective range.

The 65 V hop is the blue one?

Did you ever try the 55 red one? I ordered Element H hop nub and the red one, I am going to fit it into a 350-400 fps range aeg-s and going to see what I will be getting. I thought that the blue one was meant for super high upgrades, like 500+ fps?

Bjorn

The 65 V hop is the blue one?

Did you ever try the 55 red one? I ordered Element H hop nub and the red one, I am going to fit it into a 350-400 fps range aeg-s and going to see what I will be getting. I thought that the blue one was meant for super high upgrades, like 500+ fps?

Bjorn

I tried the Red one in another gun with an ELEMENT H nub and the results were pretty similar. I think the red one is softer and for slightly lower powers but it won't make MUCH difference unless you run the Red one with a 700fps spring or the blue one with a 280fps spring.

Firefly is a V-hop...I am running that with a white Big Out H hop and in terms of trajectory and such it seems ridiculously consistent on single shot but I haven't had a chance to do some proper range work to get groupings at effective range.

Firefly is a V-hop...I am running that with a white Big Out H hop and in terms of trajectory and such it seems ridiculously consistent on single shot but I haven't had a chance to do some proper range work to get groupings at effective range.

What gun are you running that in, and what's your setup? I run Fireflys regularly, and am thinking of adding a Big Out H hop that you mentioned.

Archived