King Arms VN midcaps

Jsres

anyways i bought the pack of KA VN mags and when they came i was quite impressed even though they were plastic. however when i loaded one up at a game, it started to split after around 40 rounds (still had half the pistol mag sized speedloader filled with bbs). Was wondering if anyone else had this problem and if there was any fixes or temp fixes? thanks a bunch

Hi Jsres

In war, capturing the enemy's supplies is an excellent way of benefitting yourself and hurting the enemy.

King Arms knows this, so they made these auto-destruct-magasines which are designed to sit around and the captured by the enemy, who will then load them up, jam his gun and leave him defenseless while you mow him down using your own functional non-King Arms-magasines.

No seriously...

I got the exact same King Arms Crapazines - Two packages, and they just as poorly as yours. I almost threw them out, but then I decided to try to fix them instead.

All you should do is:

- Use your BB loader and fill up the mag until it starts cracking in the top/middle (better than using a screwdriver or other tool because this way the pressure on the mag is distributed evenly and you get no cracks, scratches or dents). Once the mag starts cracking, stop loading and take out the BBs.

- Unscrew the bottom lid and take out the spring (For your own sake - Remember to remove the BBs first and make sure the spring is uncompressed in the mag - besides splitting up, these mags also tend to jam).

- Use some sort of tool to gently take the to halves of the mag apart. Don't use force, or you might break the little assembly pins which help providing mechanical integrity when the mag is assembled. Also, when you take the two halves apart, make sure to pry out the BB-retention split and its spring from the top of the mag in a controller manner.

- Now the mag is split into two halves, a BB-retention split, a BB-retention-split-spring, a main spring and the bottom lid.

- Take the two halves and apply some good, strong glue to the "female" half-mag. Apply the glue around the edges and in the pinholes for the "male" half-mag. Don't apply glue to the BB-well or the BB-exit-hole and retention-thingy-compartment. Once the glue is applied, reinstall the retention-pin and its spring. Holding the retention-pin and spring with one hand, assemble the two halves. Press them together firmly and remove excess glue along sides of the mag.

- Fix the two halves firmly between you table and some relatively heavy object (an Ikea catalogue will do - Then your girlfriend's obsession with furniture will finally turn into something useful).

- Leave it there for a day or so, until the glue has fully dried.

- Once dried, lubricate the BB-well with silicone oil or similar lubricant - Be free to use plenty. Insert the main spring and secure it with the bottom lid.

- Load up 5-10 BBs and use a loading rod to excercise the main spring. Approximately 5 mins will do.

- Voilá! Finally your KA Crapazines have turned into cheap and actually quite nice mid-caps.

... Anyway, that's what I did. Now I'm actually happy with having paid 25USD for a bunch of useless plastic.

Archived