Ok, this is my first review, be gentle :P

Firstly I want to write a little bit about the service of RSOV. All I can say to sum it up, is that it was top notch. The turn around from when I placed my order to it arriving on my door step was 3 days. I am amazed to be frank! :D

And a bonus, I had heard that many people get stopped by customs, well mine got through ok xP

The only downside that I have with RSOV is the shipping costs on all the items. In my case, a 300g scope cost £15 to ship.... But that's just my opinion.

Anyway.....

To start with.

Packaging

DSC04866Small.jpg

The box arrived in a secure envelope, there were no dents or rips, which is always a bonus, inside the box was a few layers of foam, and the covering foam for the objects themselves, so all in all well secured.

DSC04847Small.jpg

Contents

3x Magnifier

Allen Key

Quick Detach Mount

Cleaning cloth

1x Len's Safety Cover

Aimpoint Manual - Direct copy of the real thing.

Initial Impressions

Upon a basic feely look around of the magnifier. It actually looks like an excellent repro by ACM standards. I haven't actually held a real one. But this feels very sturdy, can't hear any rattling, not that you should as technically its only got three parts to it :P

DSC04849Small.jpg

DSC04850Small.jpg

The rubber coating is nicely finished as is the Matte Black paint. The actual magnification is great especially if you want to use it as a hand held magnifier for activities outside of Airsoft. The clarity of the image is superb.

Note that you don't need to zero the magnifier its self, just the scope/sight that its working with.

DSC04870Small.jpg

DSC04871Small.jpg

Apoligies for not taking these outside, there was crappy weather :P - I shall update this

In depth Inspection

Looking a little closer into the nooks and cranny's you can see the work that has been done. The cuts in some places could have a been a little cleaner. Of course these are minute details that at the end of the day do not effect the performance of the product. And anyone gawping at your gun isn't going to notice these tiny mishaps.

DSC04860Small.jpg

The Mounting system is pretty cool, its a standard quick release twist mechanism. A simple flick of a latch and turn to the right releases the magnifier from the mount. Its got a little knob which holds the item in place, so when putting it back in, simply find where the hole is and connect, twist back into place and voila!

DSC04858Small.jpg

DSC04865Small.jpg

I also noticed something else, that I didn't realise was on there. An alternative mounting option. Pretty nifty, I haven't actually got anything that would mount with it so I don't know if its just for looks or not. The Aimpoint manual as said is a direct copy so it outlines how to install it.

omo.jpg

Edited by kliskey

The manual is good. Nice glossy paper and finish. Its all in English and explains how to look after the piece.

DSC04867Small.jpg

DSC04869Small.jpg

DSC04868Small.jpg

Conclusion

All in all if your after a look then this might be for you. The magnification is great for both Airsoft and other activities. The only downside in Airsoft, UK Airsoft in particular. Is our fps law. This magnification is kinda useless as its unlikely that your rifle can shoot that far :P - However, it is useful for spotting.

Pro's

Sturdy Build and Finnish

Looks like the real thing = Teh Sechs

Relatively cheap

Does what it says on the tin.

Cons

The fine details of the finish could have been slightly better (But I am just nit-picking here :P

Usefulness in Airsoft....? Debatable

The book could have been folded a little better. Haha!

Honestly? There isn't anything wrong with it, so far atleast.

I give it 9/10

Ill try and update this review when my Eotech arrives with further pictures and how it works with an EoTech.

DSC04852Small.jpg

Well for a minor, and somewhat dissapointing update. :(

I bought the 552 which doesnt fit on my rifle with the Magnifier, unless I put the Eotech on the RIS. But Imo it doesnt look that good :P

So unless you are going for a 551 or have a CASV or other full rail/ reciver RIS then dont get a 552 for this :P

Other issues are that the Magnifyer sits a wee bit to low for the Eotech, not such an issue though :)

As for the Eotech, which I shall compose a propper review for. Its awsome :D The only issues that I have so far, is that it doesnt say Eotech (though has the other trades) and at the mo, I can't zero it correctly. I will probs need to dismantle it and sort out some internals :(

• 2 months later...

Or hopefully there are other magnifier ownes who might wish to contribute tot his thread with their own outdoor material.

Still, looking good and a nice review. Always looked for a magnifying thingie with wich one can better see how bb's fly past the intended target.