* Fire Making kit in large waterproof container

* Some type of pack, mostlikly made by Eagle

* Gas mask

* NBC suit (stolen from somewhere)

* light jacket and Heavy coat

* Several pair of 5.11 pants

* Eagle RRV

* Safriland 6004

Most of these things, In the perfect situation I would own already but if not I'd make do with whatever I can find/steal.

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've got a pretty good idea for a realistic post-nuke loadout.

-Leather Jacket+hoodie (a nice combo)

-Jeans (extremely useful)

-Combat Boots/Hiking Boots

-'58 Pattern or ChiCom (Depending on weapon choice of AK or FAL)

-"Gas Mask" (either a paintball modded or a painter's mask

-Flight Gloves

-Drop leg or hip holster

-Knit Cap (when I don't use the leather jacket and only the hoodie)

The point is to keep fully covered-you don't want any nuke stuff on you. NBC suits are a good idea when you get very close to radiation. Otherwise keep it light and fast. You'll want to be able to eliminate hostile survivors quickly and quietly. I'm going to assume that as a survivor you'll be traveling the land, which means you'll need a rifle.

Writers Strike killed Jerico too? Sigh im getting ###### with them holding up Jack as it is

For me it would be things that are going to work when i use them, i dont see all the high tech ###### working in post apocalyptic society

Weapons~Combination of below~

AK47 for all the time

Old school G3 or FAL would be appropriate

Bolt Action Rifle would be cool, though arguably less effective in airsoft.

Pistol get a 1911, something more on the MARSOC/MEUSOC side or just old school 1911 so its not one of those low tolerance oil dripping out the sides comp pistols

Fighting Load would be Alice gear mostly, or equivalent harness gear. Maybe soft armor, but def no plates, cant afford the extra weight and mobility loss

Big ol Alice or like ruck filled up with the obvious(Below is speculation, though you could use some of it to "complete" the loadout)

Maybe not so obvious stuff~ just for speculative purposes, ruck would be cool for posing not so much for playing airsoft in little weekend games

SuperGlue for even deep Cuts and other minor wound sealing

CB Radio because there will be an operator somewhere no matter what

Flares of the projectile and handheld type for multitudes of purposes, Cyalumes

Duct tape...need i say more, for everything

Map and Compass with good timepiece and pace counter

Gasmask

Weather patterns would change up clothing, but overall no military outerwear because the status quo will be different (thinking back to the Postman)

Winter i imagine being a woolly mammoth

Summer im thinking cotton, look to vietnam GI/African Mercs is where my brain is floating

Headgear, i already mentioned gasmask, but winter a wool beanie, summer is a boonie or flydanna type thing

Jericho wasn't killed by the writers strike, it was up against American idol and seeming as 80% of TV viewing people are retarded, Jericho didn't get as much ratings as whatever company (ABC/NBC?) hoped, so it was cancelled, but then its been brought back for 7 or 8 episodes, and may have more if ratings get better, the first 3 have already leaked out onto the internet.

Where are the tigers gonna come from? I thought they were native to Asia, as opposed to North America. They would still be stuck in thier cages at zoos where they will eventually die if we just disappeared so I can't see that as a way of explaining it.

jericho was cancelled because NBC or CBS or whatever decided to bugger about with the christmas break and not let people know when it was back on. the ratings did finally climb but too little too late for them.

of course after a few tonnes of peanuts they caved and signed the filming of 7 episodes to check ratings.

i guarentee they'll be signing for season three by about 4 episodes ;)

super glue believe it or not started off as the first body glue, back in vietnam it was used by troops to stick everything and anything tho and so earned the name 'crazy glue'.

post apoc wise for loadouts you want to look at mixing army gear with civ stuff. as there is no more government army units would eventually fall apart and you'd end up with something akin to stalker, where ex army guys are running around with mil/civ kit and military weapons.

of course nbc suits/rain/gore-tex suits would probebly be the norm for troops running around in the post apoc life.

pete

Yes well anywho,

During a post apocalyptic melt down of civilization, it makes sense to use weapons with common ammunition. 9mm being probably the most common ammunition, I see MP5s or M4s with 9mm kits taking the lead. Beretta 92s will also be prevalent. Also, once the survivors have started living, having more rare weaponry (things like Desert Eagles, High-powered revolvers, tricked out M4s) will be "trade" weaponry. You'll also want to go light and keep unaffected.

Try to keep weaponry on a gun-store basis.

Assuming you're a survivor of a nuclear war (it could happen, it all depends on the scale of the exchange- I will go into more detail later if needed) then you want the following from your clothes:

Protection from radiation. Basically, this means mass. Assuming radiation levels have generally fallen low enough for you to exit your fallout shelter, or you have to go out becuse you're out of food/water, you want the heaviest clothing possible. Personally, I think the best idea would be to put all your clothes on then wrap aluminium foil over the top and secure with gaffa tape. This sounds strange, but Beta particles will be stopped by thin aluminium and gamma rays slightly slowed. ot perfect, but better than nothing.

You also want to protect your eyes and your airways- basically goggles and a respirator of some sort, be it industrial or military. This is really to keep particles out so a surgical mask would be better than nothing.

Obviously, thats a bit of a strange look for airsoft so I suggest a military respirator, thick trousers, jumper and a heavy greatcoat (such as the old british rail or soviet ones.).

If thats a bit of a tall order (i.e it's summer) then either assume radiation levels have fallen and follow previous loadouts or wear normal clothes and using makeup put red patches all over your exposed skin. Add a few bandages and weeping sores for effect.

For weaponry, in the U.S knock yourself out, in the uk, go for a shotgun or bolt action rifle, or any weapons commonly available on the black market. Also consider a plastic kife.

Hope this helps, just a bit of background,

matt

Yeah i was serious about the glue, you dont pour glue into the cut/gash, you clean it, pull it together, then glue on top. Done it tons of times, especially on PITA's like paper cuts.

Post Nuclear War, i would think that Urban Zones that would have radiation would be abandoned, or ventured into to gather what could be gotten. I was thinking more of just returning to a survival of the fittest type thing, bartering, and almost tribal governments building up in local areas by those who have power(ie guns, supplies, control over resources) away from red zones.

Id carry a revolver most definitely , as they are less prone to jam in grime than auto pistols would.

SAA Colt would be very very nice to have on you, preferably in .45, and an SKS would also be with me, or a bolt action , a .22 even, since lots of ammo can be carried for it in a small space.

Post Nuclear War, i would think that Urban Zones that would have radiation would be abandoned, or ventured into to gather what could be gotten. I was thinking more of just returning to a survival of the fittest type thing, bartering, and almost tribal governments building up in local areas by those who have power(ie guns, supplies, control over resources) away from red zones.

Hmmm...

I was thinking more along the threads sort of theme, but your idea makes sense as well, although all areas would be irradiated to a point due to wind currents etc, perhaps making long periods in the open dangerous.

Radiation levels would fall rapidly as the months went by though, although it would take them years to return to normal.

but for now, some music:

-matt

Archived