Post Nuke/Apocalype Loadouts.

I must admit, if you're going post nuke you're looking at whatever you can scrounge. Would expect a backpack part open with a half cut down shotgun hanging out the top, If you're lucky, 2 satchels with ammo/mags in and a bolt action rifle in this country. 

In states semi auto rifle like the SL9 with about 10x10rnd mags, plus speedloader. Lastly, remembring the idea is to avoid nasty survivors, you're realistically looking at taking your bivvy around with you.

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I must admit, if you're going post nuke you're looking at whatever you can scrounge. Would expect a backpack part open with a half cut down shotgun hanging out the top, If you're lucky, 2 satchels with ammo/mags in and a bolt action rifle in this country. 

In states semi auto rifle like the SL9 with about 10x10rnd mags, plus speedloader. Lastly, remembring the idea is to avoid nasty survivors, you're realistically looking at taking your bivvy around with you.

The joke is that Im superman. Superman dont give a s*** about nukes

Which states? And the SL9 does seem a bit of an oddball choice.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Wasteland Hobo. Will wear a bonnet next time, didn't know my hair would look that bad (shampoo used made it poofy).

425372_4909401576019_2109544479_n.jpg

edit:

And as comfortable as it is to lean on my rucksack (has a sleeping bag in it) it's gotten me killed twice last week so am reconsidering a smaller, lighter pack. It's not like I can actually loot corpses or anything.

• 1 month later...

Some great pics! Here's link for post-apoc props http://www.thevikingstore.co.uk/larp-futuristic--post-apocalyptic-weapons-67-c.asp. Some cool looking bits on there to spice up a loadout. Gonna go and post this link on the Imperial Guard thread as there's plenty of 40k style weaponry too.

Anyone going to the post-apoc game at Gunman later in the year?

• 4 weeks later...

Some great inspiration in this thread.

My "apocalypse" tastes certainly lean more towards STALKER and the Children of Men Rebels rather than Mad Max bondage biker gangs.

I was considering trying to pick up a gorka just for the jacket as that is very much the perfect thing for being a stalker. This is however a lot more expensive than I was expecting, certainly for the good makes. Add to that shipping and import tax from Russia where most of them are, well there's more than a few holes in my plan now.

Trying to keep an eye out for some ex-soviet now european countries surplus stores but not been having much luck.

May just pick up a tan or OD parka of some kind and add patches to toughen it up and make it a bit more gorka looking.

On the pistol front, got a P226, fairly common for europe. Perhaps not amazingly locally accurate for the Ukraine if I was going full Stalker but guys from elsewhere in Europe taking a run at the Zone wouldn't be totally unheard of.

For a rifle I'd be leaning towards some variety of AK if going for a Stalker theme (though my Stg44 could get an outing). If just going for "stuff found legally in Scotland" then shotgun or bolt-action, alongside MP5 from police or L85 from the military.

The cheapest decent set are around $60 on Ebay I think (ANA Gorka) with more modern ones upwards of $90. There are Chinese knockoffs as well but I rarely find them and can't say anything about quality never seeing one first hand. And don't be put off by how shiny the ones on Ebay look compared to the ones you find in use. They're all relatively bright brand new and fade to a more natural color after several washings. Some even accelerate it by adding bleach (how you get the tan colored ones which used to be green as well). The actual S.T.A.L.K.E.R. thread here has gone rather stale, with this thread taking on more activity so you may also want to look at the thread at red-alliance for inspirations:

http://www.red-alliance.net/forum/index.php?topic=9239.0

edit:

They have a P220 in the game and a P226 is close enough. Plus there's a common misconception that you need Russian kit to go with a STALKER loadout when in fact Ukraine has a lot of western and european stuff as well. So anything is free game really and the important part is looking utterly depressed while you're at it.

Thanks for the link, some really cool stuff there.

Yeah at the end of the day getting a slightly cheaper one would also probably result in it showing wear faster than an original SPOSON anyway which is actually kind of a good thing as far as the look goes.

You're quite right about the varied weapons, just had a look at the STALKER wiki it honestly hadn't clicked that the Viper 5 (the only smg in the series)was based on the mp5 for starters.

The real question is how many times can I say

cZwmI14.jpg

before someone has enough and rifle bashes me.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Daaamn. Now I want a Vault suit. My advice, if you want to discolor fabric (cotton and cotton blends only) you can use a coconut. I kid you not, I was hacking a few young coconuts open about a couple months ago and was unaware that the husk sap apparently stains clothes really well due to its acidity. My shirt ended up looking like I butchered a cat and left it out for a year. Just splatter on some of the sap then get some of it but diluted with water and smear it on for shade variation. Perfectly safe and natural plus you get to eat the coconut.

Oh that is a cool tip, a day at the sandpit added a lot of scuffs and but I want to add more muck to it, possibly thinking of burning the non pipboy arm up to just after the elbow .. not sure yet ... setting this on fire would sadden me even if it is a controlled fire xD

• 3 months later...

Archived