King Arms TROY A3 CQC Compact full Review

after playing with it for a while i finally figured ou thow to get the upper reciever off. for mine i have to push the pin out and it will slide forward just a little then i have to pull back the bolt and wiggle it around and it will slide forward a little more then when i close the dust cover it will move forward more then you just pull back the bolt and lift a littl to get it over the nub ontop of the gerabox then it will slide the rest of the way off.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

Is it possible for someone to tell me how this compares (internally) to the KWA M4 CQB.

Also could someone possibly tell me how it performs, groupings approximate range.

Any answers would be great

EDIT: Started a topic in newbie zone instead as I think I will get more response. Mods feel free to delete this.

Sorry :(:P

Its an excellent performing rifle since its upgraded right out of the box. On any m4 that i buy or build the first thing that i do is replace the hopup unit and bucking. The King Arms gun comes with the upgraded unit already in place.

As far as groupings go im sorry but it shoots like an airsoft gun. Its good out to about 120 feet. Rate of fire is about 15 rounds per second on a 9.6 volt battery.

Its an excellent performing rifle since its upgraded right out of the box. On any m4 that i buy or build the first thing that i do is replace the hopup unit and bucking. The King Arms gun comes with the upgraded unit already in place.

As far as groupings go im sorry but it shoots like an airsoft gun. Its good out to about 120 feet. Rate of fire is about 15 rounds per second on a 9.6 volt battery.

Thanks for the help magz really appreciate it. Sounds like (from the response I am getting from my topic is that it is higher quality that the KWA but the KWA is a more skirmishable rifle.

Have you experienced the KWA magz (please tell the performance of the KA compared to it, if you have)? I think I will go for KA (can't find the KWA anywhere in the UK)

Sorry to ask questions. Last one, promise. Couldn't find anything when searching (comparison, KA to KWA)

Comparatively speaking the KWA mechbox is theoretically better since it features 8 and 9mm ball bearings but practically speaking it really doesnt make all that much of a difference.

Are you planning on running an 11.1 volt lipo in your gun? If not then just get the KWA. Its a better looking rifle and it performs just as well if not better than the KWA.

Comparatively speaking the KWA mechbox is theoretically better since it features 8 and 9mm ball bearings but practically speaking it really doesnt make all that much of a difference.

Are you planning on running an 11.1 volt lipo in your gun? If not then just get the KA ( ;) ). Its a better looking rifle and it performs just as well if not better than the KWA.

No lipos for me! Thanks so much you gave the answer I was hoping for.

Really appreciate your help, KA it is!

+1

• 1 month later...

Soon to be getting this work of art because of this ace review and others helpfull opinions,

Would the 6th battery down on this page fit in the stock it is a 9.6V 1400mAh 2/3A NiMH Battery Stick Pack (8 x 1). or do I need to get a saddle battery. .

Also hows everyones troys holding up?

Cheers :)

EDIT:Any chance someone could post a pic with a short ris mounting m203 on theirs?

Would really appreciate it.

Edited by gunnermaniac

After using this gun for some time I can say that it's a great piece of kit, but only if you are prepared to change the following:

- flash hinder;

- dust cover;

- bolt release lever;

- forward assist button;

- rear sling swivel.

Why change all these parts? Well, after a while, they have the tendency to rust.

Why change all these parts? Well, after a while, they have the tendency to rust.

But uhh... that would indicate those parts are made of steel. Maybe it's a better idea to simply maintain the weapon properly instead of just let it rust.

Soon to be getting this work of art because of this ace review and others helpfull opinions,

Would the 6th battery down on this page fit in the stock it is a 9.6V 1400mAh 2/3A NiMH Battery Stick Pack (8 x 1). or do I need to get a saddle battery. .

Also hows everyones troys holding up?

Cheers :)

EDIT:Any chance someone could post a pic with a short ris mounting m203 on theirs?

Would really appreciate it.

Can anyone help me? It is preventing me from buying it at the moment.

Some help would be great.

Ok for those of you having issues taking off the top receiver:

Make sure the fake bolt is in the closed position, then after puching out the front pin (you don't need to do the back one) pull the cocking handle back a slight fraction whilest pulling the top receiver forward.

You may find that you only get about .5cm of pull so give the top receiver a slight twist left and right while working the upper off.

I had no issues with the TROY A3 but the BushMaster 24" sniper needed me to do the above a few times before it would come off smoothly.

Fareast, a friend of mine has one of the bushie 14.5 inch barreled guns and his selector switch refuses to move properly when the gearbox is in the body. With no gearbox in the gun the selector moves fine. The selector plate also moves freely.

Once everything is assembled the selector binds when moving from semi to auto. Any clue what this could be?

Fareast, a friend of mine has one of the bushie 14.5 inch barreled guns and his selector switch refuses to move properly when the gearbox is in the body. With no gearbox in the gun the selector moves fine. The selector plate also moves freely.

Once everything is assembled the selector binds when moving from semi to auto. Any clue what this could be?

Could be that the lower receiver is ever so slightly bent, get a set of callipers and measure the inner width of the lower, if it is slightly out he'll need to gently and ever so slightly corrct the indentation.

The other thing is that his selector switch might be on too tightly, I had mine open yesterday to take photos for the review and I thought I might as well give it a quick check over to make sure everything is tight..... Safe to semi fine, semi to auto became very tight especailly the last .3mm so i had to losen it ever so slightly which solved the issue.

• 1 month later...

Mine arrived today. Wow. I have had a quick fire and the performance is great! Also it sounds so nice and feels outstanding, I will get pics up soon. It is just such good quality from the vertical grip and rail covers to the body and stock.

One last thing, it is quite light which is a plus for me as I believe in the lighter the better when it comes to airsoft but this maybe a negative for some people.

Cheers for the review far east. Good stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

Eh..

What did you do, jam a real loaded magazine in there?

Seriously, ive installed well over 45 king arms hopup units and none of them have ever broken.

I guess its not out of the question given the fact that these are cast out some pretty craptastic metal.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, it can handle a 9.6 volt battery.

www.redwolfairsoft.com

www.cheapbatterypacks.com

You will most likely have to send a schematic of the pack to the cheap batterypacks in order for them to make you what you need but they will happily do it.

• 1 month later...