King Arms TROY A3 CQC Compact full Review

Sweet review i am waiting for the KAC PDW its either this or the PDW

Fareast would you wait for the KAC PDW or is this so good its not worth waiting for ?

Apples and Pears mate.......the TROY A3 CQC is an amazing bit of kit but there is nothing from stopping you from waiting for the KAC PDW and then making your choice.

Hi, just so i get this right:

the rail system is attached to the barrel at the front cap, it's not free floating?

Technically the rail is free floating, the front cap makes no difference to how the RIS and barrel fit. So you could remove the front cap without worry of the barrel wobbling or being loose.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice review. I don't mind the standard M4 front sight. However, the receiver spelling error ("Specil") is a bit of an annoyance. This is so close to being a perfect 10 in terms of cosmetic replication of the Troy CQB SPC, I don't understand why KA didn't just go all out and include a TD pistol grip and Troy Medieval muzzle brake when they offer both items separately in their product line. I don't suppose KA has any plans to remedy those minor quibbles in a future release? Still, I like the extra features and the price tag is a lot cheaper than when I built mine.

Ah, I was hoping to see this AEG reviewed with shots of the internals, and here it was by FarEast again. Thanks!

That rail unit is definitely free floating. A cool feature about it is that you can remove the lower part on its own by depressing the silver button and sliding the lower rail forward and down. You can then mount an M203 while the top and side rails are still available to use. The top part is attached directly to the barrel nut with a clamp, whether you're using the lower rail or not.

-Sale

Just to confirm what Sale is talking about:

This is the small silver button that you depress to release the lower part of the RIS

risattchmentdetailmediuyp2.jpg

Here is the lower part of the clamp that holds the top part of the RIS in place even if the lower part of the RIS is removed.

deltaringmediumdp5.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I finally got this gun and the only thing that lets me down is the stock. It's not a tight fit and it can drive you mad from time to time. I've fixed mine by adding some black type inside the stock. Now it moves nicely, without any wobble.

All in all, I am very pleased with the gun. I was also fortunate enough to receive the one that has SN 00005 :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just got this gun today. Very nice feeling gun overall but there's couple flaws I noticed. G&P midcap magazines are too big for this gun and you have to slam them quite hard to fit in the magazine well. Also the dust cover in front of the hop-up unit isn't working. When I pull the charching handle the dust cover moves back but when I press bolt release catch the dust cover doesn't move back to it's original position. It's jammed and I have to manually push it back to front. Well, maybe some lubricant will do the job. I'll get a battery for this gun in sunday and test if those G&P magazines feed at all. Also I'm maybe able to chrono this gun in sunday. Will post results then.

Noticed that the dust cover works when I press the upper body of the gun from the left. When I push the upper body from the right the dust cover gets jammed so badly that I'm not able to move it at all. Can someone tell me how to open this gun? I would like to check the dust cover from the inside and lubricate it.

Got one a little over 2 weeks ago, and i must say that this is probably one of the best built, highest performing AEGs i've ever owned. The furniture is solid, and the range with the hop properly tuned is awesome.

The only issues i've had are with the ancillaries: The little spring-loaded catch on the dust cover shot across my living room (and into oblivion) upon opening it for the first time with the cocking handle, and the tiny pin holding the bolt-release in place managed to do a runner.

That said, the lovely lads at Airsoft Armoury have already offered to supply me with the spare parts necessary as soon as they arrive from King Arms (who, apparently, take the needs of their customers very seriously).

Edited by Janno
  • 2 weeks later...

Just noticed that you may want to apply small amount of thread lock under the hex screw on the rear sight. I was playing around with my gun and suddently the whole rear sight fell apart and those bearings that are in the sight were real PIA to find from the floor. Hopefully the thread lock will hold the hex screw in place now.

Its difficult to say whats up with the rifles where there is difficulty in removing the upper reciever. It should be as simple as pushing the front pin back as far as it will go!

When I bought mine, it was shipped to me in kit form, so I had to build it up as opposed to stripping it down. However, when it came to putting the upper body back on, I noticed that it had jam just before the two halves had properly located...after about two minutes of fussing about, I found I'd simply not pushed the front pin far enough "out" and that was causing the stoppage.....I can only guess this is whats keeping you guys from taking the upper body off as well.

Hi,

Is it possible for someone to tell me how this compares (internally) to the KWA M4 CQB.

Also could someone possibly tell me how it performs, groupings approximate range.

Any answers would be great

EDIT: Started a topic in newbie zone instead as I think I will get more response. Mods feel free to delete this.

Sorry :(:P

Edited by gunnermaniac