TM AK74MN REVIEW + First Impressions

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the response. Let me guess, it uses a Y shaped screw?

http://www.factorydirectcellular.com/home/...al/toolkits.htm

Anyway, I was wondering if the BB fired before the recoil mech shakes the gun, and potentially ruin accuracy, even in semi.

No problem DFR!

Yes those blimey Y-screws are something I don't want to force/damage so I'll have to hold off on taking it apart. Thanks for the link too, I'll bookmark it. :)

When firing the gun, it is the same principals like shooting a real gun. The gun's recoil is slightly behind, however the BB should have existed the barrel by then. I have mentioned that becuase the gun slightly shakes up, the gun will still have some slight deficiency in accuracy, however the gun is overall accurate like a M14 to hit the target. The way you hold the gun also determines the accuracy as well. Say you hold the gun loose, the gun will shoot more violently. If the gun is snugged in, the shots are more consistent. On Semi-auto, the accuracy is very acceptable and won't stray off the target. Semi is more accurate than full-auto since the gun does not shake as much as it does on full-auto fire.

neros131 Posted Mar 25 2008, 10:22 PM

My girlfriend just bought me mine. Tee Hee Hee, I am so elated! pictures tomorrow, mags ordered the next day!

Lucky you! ;) I'll be happy to see your pics!

Great Review!

Very intricate, fair and objective.

Anyone know if it comes in the 7.62/AK47 yet?

I have no info yet but they have the technology and it should be easy to use it in other AK recievers. But first i wanna have tuning parts for my AK74 :(

Edited by Exorcist

got mine last week... a brilliant peice of engineering. but at the end of the game day mine developed a rather annoying fault. Sometimes when firing, the blowback bolt wouldn't work, both in semi and full auto. tbh it was very cold on the game day and only got warm towards the end, would a tempreature difference affect the gun somehow? a bit of a silly question I know but I am wondering if anyone else has had this happen to them....

ta in advance! :)

There have been a few tuning parts released:

PDI/Prometheus/KM Tight Bore

PDI has a short front end

Prometheus just released a piston head (also fits the PSG1). Mine is being tuned right now at Pinnacle Airsoft in Walnut Creek. Just waiting for Redwolf to ship my piston head.

got mine last week... a brilliant peice of engineering. but at the end of the game day mine developed a rather annoying fault. Sometimes when firing, the blowback bolt wouldn't work, both in semi and full auto. tbh it was very cold on the game day and only got warm towards the end, would a tempreature difference affect the gun somehow? a bit of a silly question I know but I am wondering if anyone else has had this happen to them....

ta in advance! :)

Interesting, mines is still running good, however I don't believe your gun is faulty, but as you say it can be because the cold weather affects metal too. Metal tends to expand in warmer weathers and usually airsoft guns are made to work in normal weather and not extreme cold so that could be the problem. Try firing the gun at normal room tempeture and see if that will work.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Can I ask everyone with one of these how they are still running please?

I watched a video review of it on YouTube that stated that the recoil system WILL BREAK and it is a known fault that Tokyo Marui know about and is offering to repair.

Any word on this?

(I ask because I am *just* about to buy one of these, just want to make sure there aren't any inherent problems before I do.)

Thanks,

M

• 2 weeks later...

ok.. i have had mine for a while now and it's fired around 20,000 bb's so far and still going strong. I switched to a lipo battery about 8 months ago and it now empties a hicap in around 15-20 seconds.

the only problem so far was the cocking handle started to come loose. a quick 5 minute repair in the field and it's back together.

for info I'm using a 11.1v 15C lipo and it fits in the front handguard.

i'm that impressed i'm just about to order the 102.

great review, so far i've only stuck with armalites but now now i'm just drooling over this AK, it looks damn good.

too bad i'm moving to cananda during the summer, cuz i'v seen the webshobs and there is no place where i can get an AK 74M, they just have the 47.

• 3 months later...

I know this would be somewhat considered necroposting but, would peq-box lipo battery fit? It looks as it can but i need some help here. Heres the link to it

http://www.ebairsoft.com/peq15-lipolymer-bettery-111v-1300mah-p-2356.html

If theres like maybe a way to drill a hole and take the connector out and attach it with an external battery pouch? Im really interested in it, oh and if I need to upgrade this ( i play woodland) all I need would be a tightbore barrel and metal bushings? Is this correct?

Edited by ahadsz
  • 2 months later...

Anybody knows if regular AK grips fit in this? a compatible parts list would be awesome too :)

Thanks

Hi Isa,u...

No, The TM AK74M has an acurately modelled grip, which means the AK grips made for usual AKs just won't fit this AEG.

(The real AK74 grip is thinner than the AK47/AKM series - AEG replicas of AKs tend to go for this wider AK47 style grip as it makes it easier to acomodate a normal motor.)

Hi Isa,u...

No, The TM AK74M has an acurately modelled grip, which means the AK grips made for usual AKs just won't fit this AEG.

(The real AK74 grip is thinner than the AK47/AKM series - AEG replicas of AKs tend to go for this wider AK47 style grip as it makes it easier to acomodate a normal motor.)

Believe Marui actually attempted to get the proper angle as well. All other AKs use the 47/AKM style grip.