good to know, order probably coming soon, a good thing the mags are TM compatible, a full, skirmishable gun at the price of just over a spare mag :D and I won't be so reluctant to carry it around and introduce wear to it as I know I'm doing with my TM "showcase" piece heheh

with that anti-mag-dropping out rubbery device? what's that about? bike tire insert rubber or what? doesn't look to corny, I bet it provides more grip and helps keeping the mag in place, sure looks classier than black multi purpose tape wrapped under and around the grip ;)

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going for RSOV, might as well have 2 of them since they're dirt cheap :D

Jungle Spectre, can you please tell me a bit more on that magazine loss prevention system?

Well, there's nothing much to say. Just cut an old -preferably punctured- mountain bike tube. Cut one side straight and the other one curve, and you got it. You flip the tab up to reload and it will stay in place for successive reloads. Then if you reholster to run, crawl or whatever, pull it down so that it covers the front of the magazine butt. Just take care to cut it wide enough so that it won't slip.

This thing also serves the purpose of lanyard attachment for those pistols that haven't one, and it also protects the mags during crash-landings (if you are an adept of dual-gunning you'll know what I mean :P )

From now on a flat tyre does not neccessarily mean bad luck! :D

how does the recoil feal compaired to the TM?

Exactly the same (remember they are identical clones). Within my own specific pair, the trigger on the Bell version is not as smooth as the Marui one. Apart from that, performance is equal on both. What ¡s more: The hop up came better adjusted on the Bell than on the Marui one ( = clone shoots further out of the box).

Time will say if durability is on par, but by now I can only recommend the cheapo-cheapo-cheapo knockoff...

Apparently pointact is going to carry these for $60! Nice.

http://www.pointact.com/prod_EG720_823_21.html

I'm worried about the mags leaking because I read that the Bell M9s had a problem with that. Also, some guy on airsoftretreat said that the mags on his bro's Bell 1911 are already leaking terribly.

On gas efficiency, there is something to point out: With the particular canister that I am using, my Marui mags spill a lot of gas when filling them, whereas the Bell one doesn't. However Marui mags seem to hold a bit more of gas per fill, therefore in the end you use more or less the same amount of gas with either.

I've had the Bell for just a month, so it may be early to say it won't leak. Marui mags seem to be of better quality in all aspects, and that's the beauty of the whole clone thing, as you can just buy the Bell along with a bunch of Marui mags.

Regarding FPS, I don't have a chrono, but as I said the Bell performs equal or better than the Marui.

By now the only thing that makes the clone look not as good as the original is the somewhat more wobbly outer barrel (which seems not to affect performance at all).

Edited by Jungle_Spectre

Just a quick mini review on my 1911, which i got about 2-3 weeks ago.

Initial impressions are WOW with even better trades than a TM one as we compared them side by side. In fact where the TM says made by Tokyo Marui, the Bell version has property of united states on it!

the finish doesn't look as robust as the TM version and I can already see some wear on my one where it contacts the plastic serpa holster I use. Weight wise, it is good with the mag in and okay without.

The mags, do not fit in TM guns or WE colts, but the TM mags will fit and work in this one. The supplied magazine with all three of the ones I had were tight fits but I imagine this will loosen up with time.

When I used mine it was about 2 degrees C so it suffered horrendously from cooldown and often failed to lock the slide back or even discharge a complete mag it would often vent all it's gas skywards throught the ejector port. Now it is warmer, approx 13.5 degrees it works MUCH better with a crisp recoil and no venting of gas so in the summer I hope it will be even better. I do not have chrono results as yet as I will wait for it to get warmer.

Overall, an excellent piece and although I don't even like colts per se, I am convinced and will be ordering another one for dual weilding purposes!!!

Got my Bell today :)

Can't say im to impressed with the slide and outer barrel, real springer feel to it. The rear sight was also scuffed. But at last it is easy to get hold of new and better parts. Lower part of the gun was ok. But I would also swap the grips.

I'll try the gun with some duster gas to check if it cycles.

On gas efficiency, there is something to point out: With the particular canister that I am using, my Marui mags spill a lot of gas when filling them, whereas the Bell one doesn't. However Marui mags seem to hold a bit more of gas per fill, therefore in the end you use more or less the same amount of gas with either.

you can fix that fairly easily by sticking a small o-ring (from say, a butane lighter) in the tm mag.

Edited by Hustie

Its a bit cold here now, but I could only squeeze out 15-16 shots per mag on mine. (Around 8-9c).

But the blowback is really nice and hard, im liking this gun so far. Also, mine didnt have those nasty scratches on the safety as the original poster got.

Edit: did some quick tests indoors, got 25+9 shots out of one mag, I guess that is ok? :D

Edited by Frakk2k

Hmmm.

On AirsoftGI, It looks like there are no trades whats so ever on there verion of the gun plus the ejection port is Orenge.. :unsure:

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?...roducts_id=3071

I want to get one of these but I would really much rather have one with full trades.. Would I be better off ordering from RSOV?

Well, I dont know..

On AirsoftGI, the barrel seams to be Orenge up past the ejection port.

Its about $75 w/ out shipping and $76 shipped to Hawaii from RSOV. I think RSOV with by my way or ordering. :D Plus, You know they will have trades because its directly from the HK. :) would rather wait longer than get it sooner w/ out trades...