Just got mine from Gunners along with 2 extra mags. Very impressive, I have fired the TM version and it is very similar in recoil and performance. Though it is very cold where I live right now and I was only able to fire a few rounds effeciently, small mags gets cold alot faster. I did chrono GBB with my friends Guarder Chrono, w/ the .20's provided from BELL, it clocked in with the highest shot being 308FPS, do keep in mind this was tested in cold weather. I fired 7 rounds and it only drop to 290 for the last shot, each shots fired only loosing roughly 2-3fps. Tested with Green Gas, HFC.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's farking cold over here, but mine seems to be shooting alright if I only take shots one at a time. Seems mine is very susceptible to cooldown.

Also, the stock Hopup rubber on mine was abysmal, could barely get a 0.2g to go flat unless cranked up to the max. New FALCON Green H hop-up is in there now and it's now able to put .25gs flat out to 20m easily.

Still, it needs work. The slide/frame interface on mine is decidedly sticky, so I'll need to find what's grinding and file it down.

For the price though, it's *fruitcage* ace.

Well, I just finished sexificating mine. Here's some pics - I'll try and get better ones tomorrow when the sun is up.

done.jpg

done1.jpg

done2.jpg

done3.jpg

done4.jpg

It's hard to see, but I've done it in Gunmetal to make it look, well, metal, and the controls are in matte black. It's got a very subtle two-tone effect going on that works really well. You can't tell it's not metal till you pick it up. :D

The only thing that's stopping me buying this gun is the fact it's made of plastic.I really want a metal replica 1911 & in a day & age where most releases seem to be made metal a plastic gun is a bit of a disappointment.If i get enough spare cash & i already have a 1911 that i want then i may consider buying one based on the good points that people have raised on this thread.

RT B)

All things said and done, I'd get the TM over this. And if the quality and ruggedness of the TM Detonics is any indication of the 1911's ditto, I'd keep the 1911 gloriously stock - my conclusion of the Detonics is that it simply doesn't need more metal, at all.

• 2 months later...
The only thing that's stopping me buying this gun is the fact it's made of plastic.I really want a metal replica 1911 & in a day & age where most releases seem to be made metal a plastic gun is a bit of a disappointment.If i get enough spare cash & i already have a 1911 that i want then i may consider buying one based on the good points that people have raised on this thread.

RT B)

then you'd be happy to know they have released a full metal version of this on rsov

I've had this pistol for about a week now and just finished a comprehensive eight page review that should be published shortly. I'll post a link to it for you guys once it's up.

8 pages,wow!If you can find enough to say to fill 8 pages then i'll look forwards to reading it!

RT B)

Nice review ^_^ I have an EG 707 (M92F), and it shoots like a DREAM. The blowback is JUST right, and it won't throw you off your aim. You could empty the whole mag in 8 seconds and still get nice groupings. The weight is great (full metal), and personally, I think the quality of Chinese replicas (well, pistols, in the very least), is starting to catch up with that of the big brands. All the better for us poor kids :lol:

ilikepie~