Naming your gun.

Sabachthani

An airsoft gun isn't a tool. It's a toy. A real gun is a tool. I know we don't like to think of our precious airsoft guns as toys, but calling it a "tool" makes you sound pretty imature. It's a toy and we're playing army. Calling it anything else is just a wanna-be-delta thing to do.

I have to dissagree (just cus i am on the internet :P) but is a tennis racket a toy? is a cricket bat a toy?

I consider my airsoft weapons to be sporting equipment, i have them so i can play the sport of airsoft.

PS i just named a glock 23 river.

It has a fobus and so the user (i am the owner legally :P) can swing from the celling and not worry about the glock falling out, so like river tam :P/

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have to dissagree (just cus i am on the internet :P) but is a tennis racket a toy? is a cricket bat a toy?

I consider my airsoft weapons to be sporting equipment, i have them so i can play the sport of airsoft.

PS i just named a glock 23 river.

It has a fobus and so the user (i am the owner legally :P) can swing from the celling and not worry about the glock falling out, so like river tam :P/

I'm so happy someone referenced Firefly. I love that show. I still need to see the movie. Weird thing is I don't even like sci-fi. But I love that show.

Anyway, you do make a good point about tennis rackets. I agree that they are sports equipment. And for that matter, I suppose airsoft guns are also sports equipment. But saying your airsoft gun is a "tool" is kind of rediculous. Sure you could look at it that way, but the point is that real guns are refered to as "tools" by the real-gun-community, so calling your airsoft gun a "tool" is just silly. You wouldn't call a tennis racket a "tool" either. It's a stretch.

But hey, call it what you want. It's just airsoft, it's just the internet, and it's definitely just one man's opinion.

Well myself and a team mate decided that we had to name a couple of our guns and elected to name them after their first respective kills, which went thusly:

Ratty with a custom 1911 I sold him has now named his gun: fruitcage off!

The chap he shot was asked his name and responded thusly.

My own Systema PTW is called: Ow my fruitcaging ear *splash* after the guy I shot in the ear at extreme range and then saw fall in a water filled ditch.

We have now given up on this system...

Although I don't normally take to naming inanimate objects my M4 is now affectionately called 'The Stink' due to a team mate of mine saying that due to the high rate of fire and the silencer changing the muzzle pitch it sounds like someone letting off a long fart. :D

Does leave an opening for a good Monty Python reference mid skirmish though:

Team mate: "Bring in The Stink!" (Calling for fire support)

*Prrrrrrrrp*

Me: I FART IN YOUR GENERAL DIRECTION!

:D

Archived