Naming your gun.

Sabachthani

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
having my hands in her, having crafted her every curve and line... :D

my spr is a loving handbuilt aeg ^_^ the only standard CA bits left, are the gearbox shell, and the body... ^_^

AKs - Prudence

Mp5a4 - Piper

spot the charmed fan ;)

oh i suppose after i've finished my AKM i may consider naming it. but it'll have to be something in the scale of norms, less the duty car comes to get me....

"naming your gun - the manly thing to do"

i cant think of anything more camp and less manly than naming your toy guns.

precisely which part of you believes this is a cool thing to do? i always define something as being non-geeky by being able to tell a girl on your first date and not being embarassed. i can tell a girl i go play in the woods with grown men and shoot each other like boy soldiers, because it sounds funny and is funny. however, i dont think theres a girl in the world - who doesnt airsoft - that wouldn't think you were a massive *fruitcage* weirdo if you told her you name your toy guns - especially if you name them after women, and especially if you name them after cartoon characters.

precisely which part of you believes this is a cool thing to do? i always define something as being non-geeky by being able to tell a girl on your first date and not being embarassed. i can tell a girl i go play in the woods with grown men and shoot each other like boy soldiers, because it sounds funny and is funny. however, i dont think theres a girl in the world - who doesnt airsoft - that wouldn't think you were a massive *fruitcage* weirdo if you told her you name your toy guns - especially if you name them after women, and especially if you name them after cartoon characters.

Aw, please. If you took anything I said seriously, especially the manly part of the post, then you've already gone way too far with it.

Granted, you don't know me, and that's fair. But I tend to kid about most things, if not all things, unless it's something that requires being taken seriously. Airsoft? Paintball? No, you don't take these things seriously because then it just becomes work.

It's all in the spirit of just screwing around.

Aw, please. If you took anything I said seriously, especially the manly part of the post, then you've already gone way too far with it.

Granted, you don't know me, and that's fair. But I tend to kid about most things, if not all things, unless it's something that requires being taken seriously. Airsoft? Paintball? No, you don't take these things seriously because then it just becomes work.

It's all in the spirit of just screwing around.

thats fair enough, but previous threads proves theres a bucketload of people on here who DO take it far to seriously, and honestly believe its normal to name toys. horses for courses, but ive got better thinsg to do than worry about whether to call my AEG beatrice, ethel of edwina.

Well I might as well show off mine:

My G36K is Drache because it reminds me of a dragon and it is a German gun.

M1911A1 is Mavrik after my horse I had for many years. (Plus the gun has a horse on it)

MP7A1 is Inara after a character from Firefly.

Former guns:

My M14 was Valerie after my girlfriend.

M733 Commando was Nickie after a girl I know at school. They are both short, cute, and look good in black.

Mossberg 500 Cruiser was Mazer for My Anti Zombie-er and for a character in Ender's Game.

P90 was Fiona Elisi Linette after the character from the anime Zoids: Chaotic Century.

That's all for now. (Oh dear, my nerd is showing...)

thats fair enough, but previous threads proves theres a bucketload of people on here who DO take it far to seriously, and honestly believe its normal to name toys. horses for courses, but ive got better thinsg to do than worry about whether to call my AEG beatrice, ethel of edwina.

Ethel *cough*

Golden Girls ftw =o.

That's true. A lot of people seem to take this game pretty seriously on the boards. I wonder how that plays out on the field O_x.

Arnies is the natural habitat of people who take airsoft far too seriously.

I suppose I should've seen that coming xD

having my hands in her, having crafted her every curve and line... :D

my spr is a loving handbuilt aeg ^_^ the only standard CA bits left, are the gearbox shell, and the body... ^_^

G19 is Becky

m3 shorty - Helga

AKs - Prudence

Mp5a4 - Piper

USP - Peace

fair play to the "charmed" references! I'm still trying to come up with a name for my MP5, but i think it might be Jane, or Petunia. Scorch's Skorpion was my Skorpion up until last thursday, and i traded her in for a set of Begadi BE-X BDUs, but she was called Margaret, after Maggie Thatcher, another viscious little Bee-atch! :D

i must admit the concept is weird, but its not that daft.... afterall we are playing with toy guns... gendered or not...

anyway, hardcore named her guns too... so do most of the girls ive talk to who skirmish... a larger percentage name thier guns than boys!

It it not a kind of controversial to name an Israeli gun "The Nazi". I'm quite sure there is a Jew or two who would be some what offended by it.

im not offended, im jewish, i find it amusingly ironic :P bit like this:1159324657305io4.jpg

quite true... internet... serious business... :P

I'd +1 you for that if that silly system still existed.

Honestly, though, this thread comes up every 3 months or so...

For the those defending it, if you're into naming inaminate objects fine, but please don't try and convince us it's cool or clever - It's not - It just makes you look rather immature :)

It's not unlike announcing a passion for Barbie collecting - Harmless but something best kept to your self really....

That said, Belladonna's right - I don't 'bond' with my airsoft guns...

Cheers.

Archived