Some of the least successful attempts by squaddies to smuggle guns back from Iraq? :D

actually I remember those on the news at one point (was some sort of art project they set up in a war region in africa?). I'd love a couple of AK chairs but would have to get them deactivated to UK spec first lol

• 5 months later...

As a mechanical engineering student, I find furniture made out of beautiful pieces of machinery to be a travesty and kind of insulting. I really hate art like this... some of those confiscated guns in the cube might even be historical pieces that belong in museums. There are all sorts of odd and unique guns that end up in the heat of conflict. :(

The cube is interesting, but for the reasons above I abhor it. It would be cool if it was a giant cube-shaped magnet that held all of the guns on it, but it isn't, so it gets the thumbs down.

Don't get me wrong, I am an art enthusiast, I even like some modern art. However, these modern sculptures are kind of lame. All of the chairs look really uncomfortable, and has anyone heard of protective coatings? Christ, so much rust.

• 1 month later...
As a mechanical engineering student, I find furniture made out of beautiful pieces of machinery to be a travesty and kind of insulting. I really hate art like this... some of those confiscated guns in the cube might even be historical pieces that belong in museums. There are all sorts of odd and unique guns that end up in the heat of conflict. :(

The cube is interesting, but for the reasons above I abhor it. It would be cool if it was a giant cube-shaped magnet that held all of the guns on it, but it isn't, so it gets the thumbs down.

Don't get me wrong, I am an art enthusiast, I even like some modern art. However, these modern sculptures are kind of lame. All of the chairs look really uncomfortable, and has anyone heard of protective coatings? Christ, so much rust.

same.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
A big cube is art? :huh:

:zorro:

I don't know art but I know what I like.

Can't say as I like any of it from an art point of view but it's pretty clever.

That said what do I know - I'm sure real art, at least the *suitcase* that is "modern art" would make much less sense and would probably be a lot less tasteful than these.

• 2 months later...