Pics Of Your Gear.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Knife was all cleaned up.. Thanks for the info though.

I'll try and get some time this weekend to get a shot of me wearing it, Its more my greenside rig, I usually wear a CRCH with PACA and a hawg so this is a lighter one for me.

However, I'll never ditch the USGI LBV ( I have 3 or 4 now).

Edited by Akapp

Here's approximately what I'm running these days.

DSC00899.jpg

Side-note: I modded the pants to add kneepad retention. I did it basically the same way Emdom does it, and it works really well. It allows you to wear the kneepads looser, but they stay in place 100% better.

Figured I'd share mine since it's not something you see everyday. The hat and goggles are being retained by a carabiner, and the OD pouch opposite it is where I keep a full tool kit for working on the guns in the field. I hope someone else out there still uses HSGI, it's some really impressive gear and this piece has been with me for 4 years now of heavy skirmishing. I'd say she's more than paid for herself.

1st Line~

Cheapo belt

BHI belt pad

TAG dumper

HSGI double mag pouch

Cheapo Medic pouch

TT Multi purpose utility

2nd Line~

HSGI weesatch

BHI patch panel

Cheapo shingles

PracTac 1pt Frakensling(laced into the shoulder straps under the shoulder pads - works better than the CIRAS design IMHO)

BHI hydration

BHI bladder

BHI radio pouch

BHI utility pouch

OMEGA 100 carabiner

Camotech custom hat

ESS NVG profile goggles

18 G&P 100rd midcaps(14 on the weesatch - 4 on the belt)

Comm ~

Midland radio(with spare in utility pouch underneath - both full batteries and one extra set in pouch)

Pryme 1400 headset(great piece of kit for $60 - I'd recommend it to anyone)

Enjoy....

wee1.jpg

wee3.jpg

wee10.jpg

wee9.jpg

Edited by sc0rp10n

How did you get your kit to look so dirty?

Did you spray paint it?

Because I would like to give my gear a "dirty" look, its tan, and would doing light sprays of OD do the trick or should I just go out and get mud/dirt and kind of work my majic?

Figured I'd share mine since it's not something you see everyday. The hat and goggles are being retained by a carabiner, and the OD pouch opposite it is where I keep a full tool kit for working on the guns in the field. I hope someone else out there still uses HSGI, it's some really impressive gear and this piece has been with me for 4 years now of heavy skirmishing. I'd say she's more than paid for herself.

You've got some mud on your Weesatch. :P

Work on you stance a little :)

Are you referring to my pistol/rifle stance, or how boring it is if I just stand up with the same stance for 5 pics, that barely show any difference of loadout at all?

If the 2nd, don't worry I'll have some in action pics in a week or two(hopefully)

Or I'll just take pics around my backyard so you don't die of boredom.

Superhobo, it might help if you do this.. Assuming you're right handed:

Have your right arm pretty much fully extended, and then bend your left arm at the elbow, and have it cup the bottom of your right hand..

That helps to steady the pistol, and it also brings it slightly closer to your face so aiming with iron sights is easier..

Thats how i do it anyways...

Superhobo, it might help if you do this.. Assuming you're right handed:

Have your right arm pretty much fully extended, and then bend your left arm at the elbow, and have it cup the bottom of your right hand..

That helps to steady the pistol, and it also brings it slightly closer to your face so aiming with iron sights is easier..

Thats how i do it anyways...

If you look really closely in the first pic, you'll notice my holster on the left side, signifying that I'm a lefty.

So I'm pretty much supposed to do the opposite of what you told me right?

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind.