Pics Of Your Gear.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

unwrap the glow sticks

Just an FYI, I know everyone carries these exposed now, but back in the day we always kept them in the wrapper. The primary reason being, they were way too bright for guys using ANVIS. What we typically did was expose only the end or sometimes even poke a small hole. When you see chem lights through NODs, they are EXTREMELY bright. I'm not too sure why they are used completely exposed these days.

those pictures are heavy ha ha, i like, i like.

You take the tactical house raid to a new level, i wouldnt dare put my foot up a door, my mum would have a right go. Even though im old enough to tell her whats what.... i wouldnt dare.

There is a huge difference between IR and regular

I don't think you're understanding my post...a NOD is what we used to call a night observation device (NOD's that we used to use were called ANVIS or aviator's night vision imaging system). There was no way to distinguish between a regular or IR chem light when using a NOD...they were both extremely bright. Obviously, when your using your naked eye, the IR stick would be complete black.

Our old NODs did not auto correct very well when you shined any sort of light, including chem lights. If there was too much ambient light, we would cover the objective lens with a cap that had a small pin hole in them.

Most of our pilots did not want us to completely expose the chemlights as they were much too bright - therefore, we always kept them in their original wrapper. When we used them (usually to mark static objects on deck), we would only expose a small piece of the chemlight, regardless of it being a regular or IR light. The Pinnacle Omni IV tube that I use now corrects it's self very very well...when it detects bright light, it automatically compensates so the tubes don't get damaged (to an extent...during the day, it needs the lens cap)...that might be why the chemlights can be completely exposed.'

I hope that makes sense.