Navy SEAL Pictures/Discussion Pt.2

Hoppum

According to wiki, its the 2nd highest.

Personally, anyone who gets shot in the torso, then in the head, the blasted off a mountain by an RPG, and still continues to fight off his attackers, going through multiple side arm mags deserves the highest honour in the military.

Same goes for Dietz.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Isnt that the highest award a member of the navy can be given?

As these guys said above the MOH is the highest...

Historically (from reading the citations) actions which warrant MOHs for members of other branches result in Navy Crosses or Silver Stars... to be clear, I'm not implying that any MOH recipiants didn't or don't deserve their medals, just that for one reason or another the Navy seems reluctant to recommend sailors for it.

LORD SEX: Do you have any problems with the SOG Seal falling out of the sheath without the strap attached? I want to mount mine like yours is on your holster, but I'm worried about the knife falling.

I had mine mounted in a LORD SEX similar fashion and it was a hit or miss with the safety issues. You could shove the knife in deep into the kydex sheath and it would hold pretty well, but if you're not being aware of it or forget to give it that extra little shove, it is a bit risky, especially considering how sharp that thing is as well as how sad you would be to lose it. I decided to just better be safe than sorry and I re-attached it with the button strap.

Of course if you find some way of adding additional friction within the sheath, say by re-molding it with heat into a tighter sheath or by lining the inside with some kinda of frictitious material, I can imagine you can ride it without the strap.

i've been reading a book about marine snipers in Iraq and this one particular marine was in a building when a Seal sniper walked in. The marine said that the SEAL was using a Winchester .300 which shot farther than his m40a3. Does anyone have any good urban Seal sniper pictures of themselves or of Seals? I was wondering what their gear would look like compared to other conventional snipers.

i've been reading a book about marine snipers in Iraq and this one particular marine was in a building when a Seal sniper walked in. The marine said that the SEAL was using a Winchester .300 which shot farther than his m40a3. Does anyone have any good urban Seal sniper pictures of themselves or of Seals? I was wondering what their gear would look like compared to other conventional snipers.

depending on timeframe..that was a mk13 mod 1, 3 or 5. the stock dictates which version, most notably. its a 300wm rifle, with the exception of the mod 5s...theyre still testing 338lm.

lbt.jpg

A little something I've been piecing together. LBT PC w/ Eagle triple mag pouch, LBT pistol mag pouch, BH admin pouch and BH M60 pouch for a dump. The helmet is a real MSA ACH in Foliage Green that I'll probably paint tan at some point. I also have an Eagle MBITR pouch and Comtacs on the way. I figure I'll still need a few frag pouches. What else?

As for the NVG mount, I realize it's not a Norotos, but I'm planning on hanging a real PVS off of it so I don't want to use a replica mount.

So what's the best optic choice for an EBR? I'm looking at selling my CQB-R and moving to something with a little more range...

Consider buying an ACOG, magnification is all you'll ever need with airsoft and it's good enough for the SEALs ebr

Archived