Navy SEAL Pictures/Discussion Pt.2

Hoppum

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not knowing this for certain, but the ease of manufacturing in the newer style shrounds would be a lot better than the older ones. Simple Injection moulding for the new shroud, whereas the old ones where moulded then had a felt style backing, similar to the material used inside the holster itself. Doing this would lower manufacturing costs, and the newer style are more flexible allowing them to mould them selves round different legs.

Personally I prefer the older style.

Consider buying an ACOG, magnification is all you'll ever need with airsoft and it's good enough for the SEALs ebr

I wouldn't do that if I were you. People always complain about the ACOG's poor eye relief. On my M4/CQBR it's fine for me but on the MK14 it's the bloody impossible to use. If you extend the stock at all it means your head rests uncomfortably infront of where it should be. It looks cool but it's a real pain in the *albartroth*.

Thanks STL.

I will look into those. No doubt they are mega $$$ are there airsoft reproductions also?

Some may have seen my thread but thought id ask here too. I'm putting together a seals woodland loadout of late 90's early 00's and thought the blackhawk ISSAK/LRAK would be the right bit of kit (LBT prices are scary). Just wondered if anyone could recomend a site to buy/have experiences with it? Any help be much appreciated. cheers.

If you are looking for a SEAL style weaponlight, Ebay always seems to have good deals on used m95/6 series torches.

From what i've seen the best ones for SEAL impressions would be m95 with sw02 tailcap (designated m95(1,2)c)

(would i be right to think that they use the sw02 tailcap because they already have enough pressure switch pads, what with the CVL and peq2?)

anywho, definitely worth a look on ebay rather than going straight to replica, you might get lucky.

If you are looking for a SEAL style weaponlight, Ebay always seems to have good deals on used m95/6 series torches.

From what i've seen the best ones for SEAL impressions would be m95 with sw02 tailcap (designated m95(1,2)c)

(would i be right to think that they use the sw02 tailcap because they already have enough pressure switch pads, what with the CVL and peq2?)

anywho, definitely worth a look on ebay rather than going straight to replica, you might get lucky.

OK fr00b, I'll have a look.

On a side note Optics Planet etc will not ship weapon lights to the UK.

I tried to buy a Surefire for my Marsoc but I was told they are no longer allowed to ship such items to the UK.

I contacted various other stores and they all replied with the same answer, they wouldnt even let me order one of those Aimpoint rubber covers due to regulations!

Luckily Ebay sellers tend to be a bit more relaxed about these shipping agreements, just send a polite message asking what shipment to the uk is and most will be fine, i've got an aimpoint with wilcox through, and a dieter CQD sling and mount being shipped... for those items that they just wouldnt post, i rely on friendly American forum members ;)

Archived