Navy SEAL Pictures/Discussion Pt.2

Hoppum

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What makes it a Dev issue top? Doesn't look too much different then your average khaki top.

Nuttin, just Dev was useing Tan uniforms untill recently. Might still be for all I know.

Highspeed:

southamerica and jungle stuff...woodland bdu's and green kit...possibly CB. Old School kit like that 60 gunner kit last page. Majority of the ops in those locals for SEAL teams would be RIVERINE near water ops. Maybe eventually it will all go Digital though..who knows. These doods use what works the best..and alot of times they don't want to draw attention and turn heads. So standard US M81 woodland camoflauge and Alice kit might be the flavor of the week.

Fordaith & NavyMP: the US Navy is issuing woodland and desert BDU's soon? Well I'll be. That Crye desert digital camo looks like the USMC desert MARPAT but without the Marine Corps emblem. Please post pics when you get them. Funny, I was just thinking what BDU's would US Navy SEALS use if they were in the woods in South America or Europe or something. Thanks.

The Crye stuff is very similar to MARPAT, but if you look at MARPAT, its kinda greyish...with the darker colors almost a slate tone, Crye Digi 2 is a khaki base, with the darker color being almost a clay brown, very reddish. I think the uniforms are gonna be more of a general issue type things, for Seabees, MAs, and other operational units moreso than NSW and such. I was told it's what we're getting issued for IA tours as well. Not sure if they are doing like they did with the NWUs and putting the ACE all over and the navy seal on the chest pocket.

Nuttin, just Dev was useing Tan uniforms untill recently. Might still be for all I know.

Highspeed:

southamerica and jungle stuff...woodland bdu's and green kit...possibly CB. Old School kit like that 60 gunner kit last page. Majority of the ops in those locals for SEAL teams would be RIVERINE near water ops. Maybe eventually it will all go Digital though..who knows. These doods use what works the best..and alot of times they don't want to draw attention and turn heads. So standard US M81 woodland camoflauge and Alice kit might be the flavor of the week.

They are still using khaki as well. A lot of guys have gone crazy for the new digital pattern and have even been known to paint MICHs and blasters in the same pattern ahaha. Conversely there's still a lot of khaki and MJK around.

Quick pic of some of my gear. I have a completed loadout but can't be bothered to sort out decent pics.

DSC00053.jpg

Oh btw, the Eagle name for this pattern is DIG2 not digi2 ;).

DSC00047.jpg

:D

Just got this baby today...

(insert pictures of Draeger LAR-V)

:D

No offense, but are you even certified to operate one of those things? For one, using a rebreather isn't just like your average open circuit SCUBA, and being a diver myself I know you need extensive training to use one of them without hurting yourself.

Please, stop correcting people when you don't know what you're talking about. :rolleyes:

Well, sorry about the US Navy digital camo comment. I am not serving in the US Navy so I only know as much as you do, and don't know about what stuff they will be issued next. Moving on-

Christhe2nd: Thanks for the input on the camo. Maybe they will use digital woodland. We'll see.

No offense, but are you even certified to operate one of those things? For one, using a rebreather isn't just like your average open circuit SCUBA, and being a diver myself I know you need extensive training to use one of them without hurting yourself.

I know that back in the day, it was rumored to even own a LAR-V was illegal. From my understanding, in the US, Drager only sold LAR-V (5, 6, 7, and all its variants) to the US government, so if a civilian owned one it can only have come from the government and chances are, not legitimately. Apparently, this is NOT true.

I also don't believe it's illegal to own one in the US without a proper certification or training (unlike a firearm...I think). I do 100% agree that it's not a good idea to go diving without any training, whether it be open, closed, semi-closed, etc. However, once you get it going, it's quite an experience.

I know that back in the day, it was rumored to even own a LAR-V was illegal. From my understanding, in the US, Drager only sold LAR-V (5, 6, 7, and all its variants) to the US government, so if a civilian owned one it can only have come from the government and chances are, not legitimately. Apparently, this is NOT true.

I also don't believe it's illegal to own one in the US without a proper certification or training (unlike a firearm...I think). I do 100% agree that it's not a good idea to go diving without any training, whether it be open, closed, semi-closed, etc. However, once you get it going, it's quite an experience.

I have friends I dive with that went from open circuit to rebreathers and wouldn't have it any other way.

Im still curious as to how L_S got this....

To all: thanks for the answers to my SEAL camo question.

L@RD S0X: You are one crazy M*fruitcage-suitcaseR* for getting that Drager! Next we'll hear of your MK V fast boat purchase. Take some pics of that Drager and your gear in the water.

Hitman2: that's an OPS Inc. suppressor on that M4, but it's called something else because of the printed logos on it.

Archived