Special Forces Civilian/PMC look? Pt.2

101matt1

Sorry Bella that EO Tech just looks wrong on the AK, I like the idea, but it just doesnt seem to go.

I actually liked it for some reason. I remember seeing a picture of two Contractors wearing OD RAV's with their Ak's setup just like Bellas.

Tactitampax, I havent laughed so hard in days.

Glad I could help :P

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I actually liked it for some reason. I remember seeing a picture of two Contractors wearing OD RAV's with their Ak's setup just like Bellas.

Their is something, that some part of me, deep down likes, though thankfully, I am suppressing it with Burgers & gaviscon sauce. Yum.

Jokes aside, that looks a bit weird, but I can see why it would work.

I'v just had a closer look & figured out why I doesnt Mesh IMHO, the rail for the EO Tech looks like it is mounted directly onto the wood of the handguard, wouldnt it be better a few inches back where the rear site is? I would have thought the handguard was a bit loose to put the sights on as they arent as secure as the reciever.

As for the Peq, I'v not made up my mind yet.

Yeah I know, I already mentioned that to CerberusCO. Dunno, I'm thinking of just screw what the geardos say, and just buy the damn Serpa attached to my vest. Although I do plan on posting my loadout once I get better pictures, their gonna all give me $hit about the Serpa. I mean I don't really wanna wear my holster on the top of my thigh, looks kind of ridiculous, and not to mention it looks like it would be hard to draw from that position. Might as well keep it in my pouch if I were to do that right?

I was thinking of this:

http://www.lapolicegear.com/blscqcamplwc.html

http://www.lapolicegear.com/blcqcle1homa.html

I'd go for a Level 2 SERPA - the Level 1s are nothing more than glorified Fobus's. The problem with the SERPAs in the Box is that if they weren't cleaned out regularly, sand would build up in the locking mechanism and the weapon would lock in place. Definitely bad juju, but I honestly like the SERPAs more than the Safarilands - I have had both. I think the Safarilands are good duty holsters, but for convoy ops, a SERPA on a STRIKE plate is definitely the way to go. The Safariland is just too bulky.

You'd wear the holster on top of your thigh only while traveling in the convoy - once dismounted, you'd wear it as normal.

And LAPG is a great company - just make sure they have the items in stock. If they don't, they probably won't tell you - I just now got an order that I placed on 2 October!

I'd go for a Level 2 SERPA - the Level 1s are nothing more than glorified Fobus's. The problem with the SERPAs in the Box is that if they weren't cleaned out regularly, sand would build up in the locking mechanism and the weapon would lock in place. Definitely bad juju, but I honestly like the SERPAs more than the Safarilands - I have had both. I think the Safarilands are good duty holsters, but for convoy ops, a SERPA on a STRIKE plate is definitely the way to go. The Safariland is just too bulky.

You'd wear the holster on top of your thigh only while traveling in the convoy - once dismounted, you'd wear it as normal.

And LAPG is a great company - just make sure they have the items in stock. If they don't, they probably won't tell you - I just now got an order that I placed on 2 October!

:huh: I just noticed that the Level 1 didn't have the retention thing. Which one:

http://www.lapolicegear.com/blcqcsehomaf.html

http://www.lapolicegear.com/blcqchowseac.html

Yeah I remember reading about the Serpa's on Wannabe and Light Fighter. They said something about how a grain of sand had gotten in between the release, and said some stuff about a Cop losing his life because he couldn't draw. Also about something about a training incident where it got jammed, and it took two people to pull on the holster to get the gun out. I mean if a grain of sand had gotten in, does it have to get extremely lucky to get lodged in the right place to jam the whole gun up, or is it more exposed? Especially for places Iraq where sand and dust are everywhere :(

P1010292-2.jpg

P1010290-3.jpg

P1010289-5.jpg

Kit list later if I can be so bothered..its a lot of stuff. MCAV has the III standalone plates and IIIA inserts, and the comms came in today so its all finished, although I need to check the comms might have a problem in the PTT. Setup for real steel, but is a Sniper kit (as noted by the rifle next to it)

Hey Ghost...

Why would they give you junk about the Serpa? By the way - the one you picked out is a level one, with no retension other than the grip of the holster...really only good for range shooting, if you dont have it cranked down really good - it'll fall out. Level 2, or even 3 would be preferred. Our agency is hopefully going to level 3 Serpas here shortly --- our 6004 safarilands suck horribly. (I have two, one is better than the other, build quality is not consistent)

Oh, and mounting on your chest is a fine idea - the side of the chest is not a bad place if you can get to it. The only problem is drawing it when being tackled to the ground - a problem you should't encounter when in the airsoft field...no worries. Now if it was your primary weapon (ie. like law enforcement) I'd suggest simple hip-holster, but for a backup tactical setup, dont worry about chest-mounting it)

Hey Ghost...

Why would they give you junk about the Serpa? By the way - the one you picked out is a level one, with no retension other than the grip of the holster...really only good for range shooting, if you dont have it cranked down really good - it'll fall out. Level 2, or even 3 would be preferred. Our agency is hopefully going to level 3 Serpas here shortly --- our 6004 safarilands suck horribly. (I have two, one is better than the other, build quality is not consistent)

Oh, and mounting on your chest is a fine idea - the side of the chest is not a bad place if you can get to it. The only problem is drawing it when being tackled to the ground - a problem you should't encounter when in the airsoft field...no worries. Now if it was your primary weapon (ie. like law enforcement) I'd suggest simple hip-holster, but for a backup tactical setup, dont worry about chest-mounting it)

I dunno, from what I've seen on Wannabe, they seem to not like the Serpa's much, and favor the 6004 (dunno, maybe because it's more widely used in the impressions they do).

Yeah I know it's level one, CerberusCO told me a couple posts back.

I'm right handed, so it would make more sense to place it more onto the left side of my chest?

I provided two links of Serpa's below, and as far as I can see, their both pretty much the same except one seems to have CF on the outside? I'm thinking of getting the one without CF on the outside: http://www.lapolicegear.com/blcqcsehomaf.html

along with this: http://www.lapolicegear.com/blscqcamplwc.html all mounted onto the top left side of my chest on my RAV.

Again regarding the Serpa's, I've just read that they had the issue of jamming up because of a particle of sand. I remember reading an article about how when some users engaged the trigger release mechanism, it fired the weapon and resulted in them shooting themselves? So yeah, I've just read that some people have had problems with Serpas, while I haven't heard any complains about the 6004. That, and I also have see the 6004 in more use in pictures than the Serpas which is why I opted for a 6004.

EDIT: Another problem is that the Serpa can't accommodate an M3 light on my P226 :(

After getting extremely bored today, I decided to make a loadout. I figured ah what the hell a PMC can't be that hard to do. So I bashed this bit of kit together, and halfway through picture time realised how hot a black hoodie gets inside an airconditioned building, so that most definetely shouldn't be in a Sandbox Loadout of any sort, but besides that, let me know what you all think, as I've got quite a ways to go on my quest to be a geardo. Today I just tried to keep it simple.

AK-3-837-PH.jpg

M4-2-818-PH.jpg

1911-1-812-PH.jpg

AK-2-835-PH.jpg

M4-1-792-PH.jpg

M4-3-822-PH.jpg

AK-4-839-PH.jpg

I love the feel of the Type 56-1, and the hooded sights for some reason, more than a regular AK.

Spencer

Nice gear agent spencer, you should shorten the front on the type56 some pmc style :D

Also what bodyarmour is that ive been thinking doing the same w my chicom vest since my Ciras is in the way for my AKMS stock when i want to use my AKMS.

• 3 weeks later...

I put together a moderate weight PMC loadout. It consists of:

* Black Fleece

* "Boise" Camo hat

* Hiking boots

* TM M4 with/G2

*Guarder Weestatch w/ 2 SDS double M4 mag pouches

* USGI LC-2 belt with triple M16 mag pouch, canteen and pouch, and Condor Dumper

* Infidel Trousers (jeans)

* Mechanix fastfit gloves

* OD/Black shemag (not pictured)

It still needs a couple things, imagine a AP on a LaRue cantilever mount on the M4, a OD SERPA leg rig with a WE 1911 in it, some OD or Tan 5.11 pants and some more pouchs on my rig and possobly a new, more modern first line.

(oh yeah, excuse some retarded facial expressions)

P2110791.jpg

P2110792.jpg

P2110794.jpg

The fleece is too big, and your hair is a bit, um, long? maybe tuck it up or something....

rifles nice, good n simple.

Alice pouches more to the sides, they seem allover the place...

rest looks too clean.... and try to grow some stubble, or if all else fails, which im pretty much certain it will, steal your moms mascara and paint some wiskers on ;)

The pmc look fails when you look like a 12yo chorister ;)

good though

R

rest looks too clean.... and try to grow some stubble, or if all else fails, which im pretty much certain it will, steal your moms mascara and paint some wiskers on ;)

The pmc look fails when you look like a 12yo chorister ;)

good though

R

lol, lil' miss subtle :D:P

Though in generally i aggree with said statement, i'm sure TCB has had that thrown at him enough here, so no need to keep reminding him, not like he can do much about it...

instead, i'd recommend getting a shemagh or balaclava ;)

Archived