Special Forces Civilian/PMC look? Pt.2

101matt1

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's not like I'm trying to win a beauty contest... My gear gets used, not babied.

:mellow:

well, instead of going through the trouble of rinsing them out and all, i put em in the washing machine, and spend my time doing more intresting stuff... to each his own i guess...

i'm not trying "to win a beauty contest" either.... :huh:, but seeing there is no operational need for worn BDUs when i go airsofting or when i wear them casual (like i am right now) i'd rather not smell like *insert foul smell here*

Rinse them in water, hang to dry. I don't worry about the mud. It's not like I'm trying to win a beauty contest... My gear gets used, not babied.

So you spend all that time pratting about to keep the mud?

Sounds like you are trying to win a beauty contest.

Personally he looks too SF with the bdus.... not pmc... but hey...

and if you are going to wash bdus... DO IT... dont muck around (lawl)

if your not, dont...

but clean looks more realistic than covered in year old ######... real soldiers do wash thier gear, they just use it instead of posing/ tactically dusting thier kit to age it....

Now I know what to buy my wife for Valentine's Day...

I guess I've got a sick sense of humor, but I thought it was funny...

Smart idea, buying something the person has no use for, so it ends up back in your hands again. :D

My ACUs have been washed once, by accident. It's not because I think it makes me look cooler or reduces my IR signature, it's because there isn't really a need to wash them and dirt on them will help the pattern blend in. Also, the reason they would produce a larger IR signature after washing is because of the detergent used.

For reference:

Pipeline.jpg

TWVII2.jpg

For all those of you who don't wash your BDUs: THE ENEMY CAN SMELL YOU!!! :P

Anyway, this authenticity thing seems to be a bit picky, if not paradoxical:

-If you don't wash kit it looks new, therefore you look like an airsofter newbie poser.

-If you wash kit it looks clean, therefore you look like an airsofter newbie poser.

So the only solution to this Catch22 is to wash your kit several times in a row (for fading) and then drag it over dirt ground, or wipe your car with it, (for uncleanliness)...

For all those of you who don't wash your BDUs: THE ENEMY CAN SMELL YOU!!! :P

Actually, no, the SAS in Borneo and Malaya purposefully borrowed the DPMs of the blokes who had just come back from operations in the jungle, so that they were covered in ###### and dirty as hell, they purposefully didn't brush their teeth or shower for a few days before going on a op. This was because toothpaste, soap, and washing powder aren't normal smells you get in a jungle, and seeing as the enemy lived in the jungle, they knew it pretty bloody well, and could smell anything out of place.

So they purposefully stopped washing, rolled around in mud and wore muddy DPMs so the enemy couldn't detect them by scent.

DA-DAA! I knew someone would mention that... I can't remember in what page of the Sniper Training Manual it was :rolleyes:

Ok, then if I ever go to a British skirmish site I won't shower nor brush my teeth for a while. I guess I'll make lots of friends :D

Then Blackwater dudes have to keep from drinking Old Nº7 and Bud, and stay away from the pool and the BBQ? No way I think...

DA-DAA! I knew someone would mention that... I can't remember in what page of the Sniper Training Manual it was :rolleyes:

Ok, then if I ever go to a British skirmish site I won't shower nor brush my teeth for a while. I guess I'll make lots of friends :D

Then Blackwater dudes have to keep from drinking Old Nº7 and Bud, and stay away from the pool and the BBQ? No way I think...

I've never read "the Sniper Training Manual", and I'm pretty sure that there is alot more than just one, I didn't say that not washing, brushing teeth was the done thing at skirmish sites, I said that it's what the SAS did in Malaya and Borneo.

Your last sentence makes absolutely no bloody sense, and is absolutely irrelevant to what I just said. If this was some sort of attempt at making me look like an idiot for correcting you, it simply makes you look like a tard.

Actually, no, the SAS in Borneo and Malaya purposefully borrowed the DPMs of the blokes who had just come back from operations in the jungle, so that they were covered in ###### and dirty as hell, they purposefully didn't brush their teeth or shower for a few days before going on a op. This was because toothpaste, soap, and washing powder aren't normal smells you get in a jungle, and seeing as the enemy lived in the jungle, they knew it pretty bloody well, and could smell anything out of place.

So they purposefully stopped washing, rolled around in mud and wore muddy DPMs so the enemy couldn't detect them by scent.

why i said, there is no operational need for me.

It's not only restricted to jungle ops, it's any theather really, the smell of detergent etc, can attract small bug to large rodents and give away positions, etc.

still doesn't mean i need to smell like a dirty sock when i go out skirmishing :P

sturgis, I was replying to Jungle_Spectre.

chris_u'5 - I have no idea who the hell you are, so if I have ever said something to you, I've managed to forget about it. Why don't you stop crying yourself to sleep about it every night and forget about it too?

Jungle_Spectre - Sorry, I didn't realise you were kidding, due to the roll eyes smilie. Sorry again, mate. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived