Special Forces Civilian/PMC look? Pt.2

101matt1

So I finally decided to do a little in-house posing to show off my newly acquired mercenary gear, which is tailored for the desert venues of Southern California.

Pardon my use of my spare garage (AKA in-door test range).

dscn1274bd3.jpg

dscn1275yq6.jpg

Improvements that I can think of right now include a MOLLE hydration carrier that can mount to the back panel, a pair of MOLLE single STANAG magazine pouches that can be mounted on top of the hydration carrier (with two spare magazines inside for a teammate in need), a Ka-Bar USMC fighting knife sheathed on my belt, and a more modern rifle. Not that there is anything wrong with my Colt Commando, but I'd prefer an M16A4 for a setup like this.

I already have an OD Guarder Tornado drop-leg holster. I'm considering spraying it black. Any tips or recommendations?

And finally, just for a play:

dscn1277pn4.jpg

Company motto: "No matter where you hide, no matter how far you run - we will always find you."

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the rifle is good for the impression, looks so clean. It doesn't have to be covered in rails, maybe if you added an ACOG to the carry handle rather than the AimPoint. Not that it looks wrong, in my opinion it would probably fit in better.

The holster, you can easily spray it black. Do some thin coats, let one coat dry before applying the next, its pretty easy if you just know not to cover it in the paint. My friend did that, wow it turned out bad and he did it with his M4.

Drop the Balaclava, just run the cap. I understand if you wore it for the photo.

Maybe you should also get a tan jacket, but I like how the colors differ from black to tan, its just a camouflage thing you know?

I think its fine, surprisingly the bloused boots fit too. In any case Roecar Defense is hiring maybe you wanna fill out an application :D

Hehe, thanks.

I think the rifle is good for the impression, looks so clean. It doesn't have to be covered in rails, maybe if you added an ACOG to the carry handle rather than the AimPoint. Not that it looks wrong, in my opinion it would probably fit in better.

The holster, you can easily spray it black. Do some thin coats, let one coat dry before applying the next, its pretty easy if you just know not to cover it in the paint. My friend did that, wow it turned out bad and he did it with his M4.

Drop the Balaclava, just run the cap. I understand if you wore it for the photo.

Maybe you should also get a tan jacket, but I like how the colors differ from black to tan, its just a camouflage thing you know?

Oh the M16A4 MWS is coming soon. I'll be strapping a TA31 ACOG to that, along with a functional AN/PEQ-2. The CompML2 is fine for a short-range carbine.

Thanks for the painting tip. I'll keep that in mind.

That kind of reminds me of PMC's from MGS4, at least the balaclava with baseball cap part

Thank you, then I'm doing things right. This loadout is inspired by the Praying Mantis PMC soldiers in MGS4. When in action, I also wear a radio headset along with goggles. :D

I dont like balaclavas and baseball caps together, i just think they dont mix well.

Other than that....it looks great.

Cheers.....

Practical reasons, bro. Up north, that OR balaclava keeps my face warm. Down south, it keeps all the dust and *suitcase* out while hiding a mouth guard.

Yup, a nice M16A4 would do well in SoCal, I've noticed that my M4 doesn't have enough rage compared to most other rifles.

The AimPoint looks great on the M4, infact my brother was very inspired by your set up and so he thanks you for the clean idea.

I think its all nice as it is dude, great job.

Oh, and I'd never think of using an M16 for a PMC look, doesn't seem PMC like to me, there are too many M4's. Are there any pics of PMC's with M16's?

The difference between an m16 and a m4 barrel length wise most likly won't make to much of a difference, not a big enough difference to warrant buying a new gun. Worried about range, spend more money and or time on a better hop up or something.

That, or a nice tightbore inner barrel. :D

I use an upgraded G3SG/1 in the DMR role. The M733 is for either hit-and-run or CQB roles. I want an M16A4... Mainly because I need something with lots of rail space for different accessories. I'm also thinking about investing in an M203 when funds allow.

Yup, a nice M16A4 would do well in SoCal, I've noticed that my M4 doesn't have enough rage compared to most other rifles.

The AimPoint looks great on the M4, infact my brother was very inspired by your set up and so he thanks you for the clean idea.

I think its all nice as it is dude, great job.

Oh, and I'd never think of using an M16 for a PMC look, doesn't seem PMC like to me, there are too many M4's. Are there any pics of PMC's with M16's?

Thank you. If you want more info on the carbine, here's the thread.

Viola.

As for PMCs with M16s... They are fewer in number, but they definitely exist. I think the Blackwater sniper in the infamous "It's like a f___ing turkey shoot" video was using an M16A4.

Hehe, I have more of a Protec+goggles combination in mind. I like that setup better. It's lighter and better ventilated. Besides, I'm not wearing it to take a bullet to the head. The Protec would come in handy when fighting in tight quarters, as I am a large man (6'4") and have a tendency of bumping my head. :D

Hehe, I have more of a Protec+goggles combination in mind. I like that setup better. It's lighter and better ventilated. Besides, I'm not wearing it to take a bullet to the head. The Protec would come in handy when fighting in tight quarters, as I am a large man (6'4") and have a tendency of bumping my head. :D

Hey, I'm a foot smaller and I still have the same problem.

Then you know exactly what I'm talking about.

Oh the pain and (more importantly) the humiliation of have having my scalp sliced open after accidentally slamming the top of my head into a window frame when attempting a "dynamic entry." <_<

*bangs head against wall*

Not every PSC rolls around in vehicles on PSD or CSEC taskings, and not every PSC is in Iraq.

M16's are fine for static security, etc, and have been used for CSEC tasks. Modified M16's, as previously stated, have been used for counter-sniper/DMR tasks.

irakcontractsjerrygear6xc0cm.jpg

irakcontratasbugei009kabul5ok.jpg

blackwater8-301x274.jpg

irakcontratasbwboyz1yv.jpg

irakcontratasiraqshirt8007wb.jpg

T0023.jpg

*bangs head against wall*

Not every PSC rolls around in vehicles on PSD or CSEC taskings, and not every PSC is in Iraq.

M16's are fine for static security, etc, and have been used for CSEC tasks. Modified M16's, as previously stated, have been used for counter-sniper/DMR tasks.

Yes, I know but what I was saying was that a lot, if not most pictures of modern PMC's have been of those with M4's, not M16. I know that there are M16 being used and you just proved it in concrete pictures, thank you. I mean that in the steriotypic view of PMC's, I would personally never think of using an M16 for an impression but rather an M4.

Thanks again for the pictures.

CSEC? Convoy/Corporate Security at a guess? I'm more familiar with it as a regular abbreviation for Computer Security (CSec) or Commercial Sexual Exploitation of Children (CSEC)! :o

Am loving the guy with the upside down knife strapped to his armour carrier and scary yellow rifle too. :)

Archived