Special Forces Civilian/PMC look? Pt.2

101matt1

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well... anywhere that's arid really.

Could be Middle East. Could be South/Central America. Could be Central Asia. Could be South-Eastern United States. Could be parts of South Africa. Could be North Africa. Could be Spain. Could be Turkey. Could be India. Could be Australia. &. &c.

There are lots and lots of places on earth that are arid. Not all of them are hotspots and most of those that are aren't in the news.

EDIT: From Hyperstealth's webpage:

Ideal Operating Range of SpecAm Desert Viper

Ideal Operating Range of SpecAm Desert Jackal

Ideal Operating Range of SpecAm Desert Adder

Ideal Operating Range of SpecAm Arid

Ideal Operating Range of SpecAm Mountain

MCCUUs are easier to acquire than the Hyperstealth patterns (in a timely manner and in a size that fits, no offense to Hyperstealth) and cover all of the arid and semi-arid ranges listed above. So there's an awful lot of places where a PMC could be where camouflage intended for use in aird regions would be used (recalling, here, the use of German desert camouflage in Iraq by British PMCs).

I think its dependent where the PMC is deployed, I'd imagine if say a PMC was deployed in Midtown Manhattan he'd choose a black one if given the option. However if he is building an IRaqi/desert PMC then a tan one would be the one to go with.

It's more like using whatever's available. The History Channel did a documentary on PMCs in Iraq and the British firm they interviewed had employees who used black PACAs.

Please do drop the MARPAT.

Using uniforms (FULL UNIFORMS) of combat troops operating in your area is a no-no, IIRC.

Did you not read the thread?

Do you simply regurgitate absolute rubbish? How many times do I have to say this?

The wearing of camouflage clothing and items is dependent on the PSC's contract, policies & regulations, local laws, and a few other factors.

Many DoD contractors are required to wear UCP with 'DoD Contractor' service tapes. This is to make them easily identifiable, so in the event of an emergency, they'll be pretty much on the first plane out.

:S

If you read a book called Making a Killing, you'll find he simply grabs whatever he can due to shortages and time restrictions. I rather suspect that sort of thing is more important than " to look intimidating"

I really enjoyed that book and as you said it was a bit of a struggle initially when it came to kit.

Did you not read the thread?

Do you simply regurgitate absolute rubbish? How many times do I have to say this?

The wearing of camouflage clothing and items is dependent on the PSC's contract, policies & regulations, local laws, and a few other factors.

Many DoD contractors are required to wear UCP with 'DoD Contractor' service tapes. This is to make them easily identifiable, so in the event of an emergency, they'll be pretty much on the first plane out.

What would be the point of full marpat in this thread though?

IT would just look like another newb loadout IMO. Thats why Desert camo/Khaki pants and normal top is better for the thread.

Thats like saying somone can post a full Marpat loadout, with a Crossdraw and be a PMC?

Where in this topic to look different from the average soldier, not to be a PMC that looks like a Marine. Its why people do differnt loadouts, be it Army, Marine, Force Recon Etc. To BE different

Sorry to add fuel to it, just had to say that

If you posted a full MARPAT kit, then you could theoretically be a PMC. The same way, if I posted a pic of me in a clown suit I could theoretically be a Navy SEAL. But if you did so, everybody would tell you to bugger off and stop being such a clown (No pun intended)

We all have a decent idea of what a PMC looks like, how he works and what he uses to do his job. It's a very wide set of guidelines, but a full Marine kit is outside of those boundries. I think that as long as the blouse isn't used, then it would look fine and you would not be mistaken for a Marine.

What would be the point of full marpat in this thread though?

IT would just look like another newb loadout IMO. Thats why Desert camo/Khaki pants and normal top is better for the thread.

Thats like saying somone can post a full Marpat loadout, with a Crossdraw and be a PMC?

Where in this topic to look different from the average soldier, not to be a PMC that looks like a Marine. Its why people do differnt loadouts, be it Army, Marine, Force Recon Etc. To BE different

Sorry to add fuel to it, just had to say that

Lol, well then having a marpat PMC loadout would look different. Too bad you only see PMC's in polos and khakis. I guess having one in marpat can't be different? Basically you are a hipocrit lots of PMC's wear full marpat.

Get off your high horse and don't hate on people for being "different" <_<

Lol, well then having a marpat PMC loadout would look different. Too bad you only see PMC's in polos and khakis. I guess having one in marpat can't be different? Basically you are a hipocrit lots of PMC's wear full marpat.

Get off your high horse and don't hate on people for being "different" <_<

Do you have any pictures, I've never seen a PMC in FULL marpat.

I would love to see a PMC run around here in a polo and khaki slacks, on anything other than "stay-in-bed-and-protect-the-fireplace duty". Especially during the last two weeks, when the temperature never rose above 0 (F).

Do you have any pictures, I've never seen a PMC in FULL marpat.

I never said anything about full MARPAT.

Granted, I never said, "MCCUU trousers." And for that I apologize.

Now, can we please go back to PMC load-outs, instead of starting a new argument every page?

Archived