Pictures Of Your Weapon

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that a TA01 NSN or some other model? The adjustment towers look much lower than on my NSN. :huh:

That is a beautiful rifle but I'm perplexed why you would have 2 PEQ units unless one is IR and the other is visible.

It's a TA01NSN. About a year ago it seems Trijicon overhauled their manufacturing process and made some subtle changes to their scopes. I have two TA01NSNs, and the first lives on my M4A1 PTW, the color on that one overall is a very dark purple, with standard adjustment caps. The eye relief is also in the 1-1.5" range.

This new TA01NSN is black in color, it also no longer has the raised TA01NSN on the left side of the scope, the adjustment covers are now standardized between models. Meaning the caps have a groove in them for a wire lanyard (as seen on the TA31RCO) so that caps can never be lost, the NSN just doesn't include the wire lanyard, but it is a cost saving measure to just use one cap obviously.

But here's the big thing, the eye relief is now in the 1.5-2.5" range, it's noticeably better than the last rev of the TA01NSN. So in this production upgrade they've improved on one of the biggest faults of that optic. People who've shot the TA01NSN for years have tried mine and commented on it without me even mentioning it.

Okay now as for the 2 PEQs, the AN/PEQ-2A and AN/PEQ-5 (CVL, and both are real and not repros) serve a different purpose. The 2A is an IR illuminator/designator and the 5/CVL is a visible laser. Hope that answers your questions.

Good thing forum FPS limits have been lifted, as I think yours is shooting a bit hot, Titleist. ;)

-Vic

P.S. I can has LMT BUIS set? If you decide to sell them (and go Magpul or LaRue, which, if I remember correctly, you are), please PM me.

Edited by Victory
Good thing forum FPS limits have been lifted, as I think yours is shooting a bit hot, Titleist. ;)

-Vic

P.S. I can has LMT BUIS set? If you decide to sell them (and go Magpul or LaRue, which, if I remember correctly, you are), please PM me.

Will do, i have them in a box, i just want the MBUSs before I sell 'em.

m700_longmag_1.jpg

m700_longmag_2.jpg

m700_longmag_3.jpg

m700_longmag_4.jpg

m700_longmag_5.jpg

Work continues on my M700. Long mag is roughed out. Just need to smooth up some stuff around the mag and that part will be done.

Then all I need is a nice harris bipod and it's good to go.

I'd also like to get a more traditional bolt handle. We'll see.

Cheers!

- CapaciousZepher