Pictures Of Your Weapon

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's the ###### child of a 551 that was raped by an M4!!

How else are you supposed to make a weapon that means anything? Heck the M4 just goes around *fruitcage* every other weapon to make better weapons. Yeah it's a *suitcasey* thing to think about, but these things happen. Like Ligers, or Tigons.

SIG 551 (556) - Better

HK G36 (416) - Better

AK-47 (SR-47) - Eh, works for its intention

F2000 (SCAR, I know I'm pulling for this one, but compare the three. It looks like a F2000 gave birth to M4s ****** child.) - Better

Khaybar/KH-2002 (QBZ-97/FAMAS) - Eh, never thought much of the FAMAS or QBZ to begin with so, better?

Now that I've ###### off...roughly half this forum. Send MOAR pics of that 556! Convince me to buy a SIG finally! I can't stomach the 550 series and the P226, this is the only SIG rifle that has caught my eye.

I just don't. It's ugly, unnecessarily large, the grip is too big, the magazine release, the sights. It is much too large for the small 9mm round. Why the SEALs ever chose the P226 I'll never know, the M1911 was much better. Bigger round, just as durable and relaible, slightly heavier, less rounds. But with the .45ACP you don't need 15 rounds of ammo.

Now, before this becomes a "Oh noes he hates the P226! Burn him then put his head on a spit!" type thing. Yes the P226 does have my respect, only a firearm that has truly been made well can handle what the SEALs do to them, just like the M1911. That said, I REALLY, REALLY dislike it. I prefer the 1911 and USP. I have the same dislike for the M9 as I do with the P226. It has the same problems to me.

IIRC the SEALs had some pretty good reasons to pick the P226. The main one I remember is the corrosion resistant finish on its internal parts, which makes it very good for naval warfare. It's also a bit easier to strip than a 1911, and in tests it jammed less. Not to say that modern 1911's aren't reliable as hell, it's just that under extreme conditions, tests showed that they aren't as reliable as other pistols.

It is a bit chunky, but when I fired a P228 and two Kimbers a few months back I still liked the P228 more; I guess personal preference has something to do with it.

Speaking of which, I think some SEAL teams have opted to adopt the USP45, which, imo, is the most reliable and comfortable pistol of any. It's the first pistol I'd choose to own.

Edited by Render

Just to note in my defense of "I hate the P226". Yes I have fired it, put nearly 1,500 rounds through one. Worked well enough. From there I went to a Kimber 1911 and shot 500 rounds. Then I fired another 500 with my USP.45. I found the USP to be the best pistol I've ever fired, followed closely by the 1911. I just can't get over how bulky the P226 is, everytime I look at I see numerous places I could mill it and make it much lighter and thinner. But this arguement is merely point of veiw. One person can love the P226, good for them, glad they found a pistol they like and works for them. For me it's the USP .45, I hope to get a HK45 soon to see how that stands up.

Can we put this "OMG! He hates the P226" debate to rest now? I wan't to defend my position on the M4 rape fest. Much more fun, as pistols are a matter of personal preferance.

SIG 556 ain't half bad. Especially like that shortened version - I much prefer CQB engagements to woodland or other long range scenarios.

Updated my M4's a bit:

- Picked up a brand new VFC HK416 from CSI304

- TB in my Mk18 (new picture just because I was taking pictures of everything else)

- Shortened my M4 w/ CA SIR to a 7.5" steel barrel and stuck a Madbull KX3 and Prom TB

s_hk416_01.jpg

s_mk18_07.jpg

s_ssir_05.jpg

s_ssir_09.jpg

I <3 5.56

yes yes, 556s rule indeed

<snip>

though amateurstuntman is onto something there with his shorty!

i like how it handles alot!

<snip>

nice fortress (?) stock there echo!

Thanks, it is indeed a Fortress stock.

Love the 556 too, if I had the money, or the drive for that matter to build one, I would in a heartbeat, very nice looking replica.

Recently bought one of those new Maruzen PPK/S with the "metal" finish.

131e4c3c.jpg

And a close up (don't mind the dog hair):

cc6434a0.jpg

The metallic finish looks nice, but I'm not sure it was worth the extra cash. Unfortunately it looks like there might be a crack in the slide, but I'm not sure. :(