ESS cancelled my ICE Eyshield order

sekiryu

Maybe it would have turned out better if you told them it was going to be used for "overseas fringe political activism" or something like that. :P

But yeah, ESS always claims how incredibly resilient their lenses are, so the only thing I could really imagine is that they're just trying to CYA.

Non-Lethal Ballistics training and simulation.

Like it!

The funny thing is, ESS's UK distributor www.essgoggles.com are more than happy to market and sell to airsofters - and I've got 2 letters from the MD to prove it. ;-)

Guess we're just not as lawsuit happy over here - yet.

I talked to an ESS rep at a LE/Military trade show that my unit ran last summer about their goggles and using them for airsoft. They said that they do not recommend them for airsoft use as a BB could sneak past the seal. They are looking into creating a goggle (possibly a mesh one) specifically for airsoft use.

Mind you, I still use my ESS's and WileyX's for airsoft - just thought I'd pass it along.

I take it no-one read my ESS ICE-system review from years back...

The only way a BB could sneak past the lens is if you placed your own pistol on your chest or above your ear and fired at your eyes – and if you’re stupid enough to do that, you deserve to go blind.

To help our honesty-challenged collegue:

Available from Gunner’s Alley (http://gunnersalley.zoovy.com/) in the US for $35 per set (plus shipping, etc.) or from Eye Protection Systems UK (https://www.epsgoggles.com/) for only £25 per set (plus shipping, etc.). Both retailers carry a full range of accessories, including the prescription lens inserts.

(Prices may have changed since I wrote the article)

i didn't realise that these were considered gucci; if so I would have looked after mine better. I just considered them cheap issue sun-glasses, I only wore them when I didn't want to break my Oakley's! Mine stopped secondary fragmentation from a mine strike so I'd be happy using them for airsoft!

Archived