another question about batteries..... sigh

vonvarter

Right then chaps, the big question is, is their an equation or other means to work out how long to charge a battery. One of the biggest problems on sites is that they dont tell you how long to charge, and if they do then the answers are all different. Please help, my sanity is resting on a knifes edge! yours Von

Yes there is...

..I just can't find it...

It used to be up on Outcast Airsoft but I'm not sure where that site's gone now...

If you have a poke around I know it's been asked on UKAN a few times before though.

One question that concerns me is how fast my charger is charging. It's a TLP charger (the big blue one with fast, slow and discharger modes). There is a knob ranging from about 400mAh up to about 500mAh. I set this to the mAh rating of whatever battery I'm charging, but I'm not even sure that's right. If it is, then how long should I charge it for on slow charge with a setting/battery rating of 2400mAh (8.4V battery)?

Cheers.

Hey Havoc!!! I think we have the same charger! Does it beep and is really annoying when charging on slow mode? The fan on mine is broken so its even more annoying because it makes a really loud whirring noise.

I bought it while on a visit to HK. The guy in the shop told me to turn the yellow knob to the correct setting for your battery (e.g. how many mah it has) and then put on fast charge. He told me not to even bother with slow because he said it never finishes.... it just keeps going (beeping).... and going (beeping actually)..... and going.......

This remind you of the duracell bunny that just keeps going... and going.. ?he he

Battery calculations. If memory servers it's as follows...

Total Battery Capacity (mAh) divided by Charge Rate (mA) multiplied by 1.4

For example, if you have a 3,000mAh battery, and a 300mA charger, it would look something like this...

> (3000 / 300) * 1.4

= 10 * 1.4

= 14 hours

Hope that helps... :)

Look to the Remote control sites (planes and cars) – these folks list more than you can even imagine about batteries chargers etc that you will ever need for Airsoft.

Some excellent chargers are the

Supernova 250s

Triton

Dymond Super Turbo

All of these units are computer controlled so you don’t need any calculations – they are fire and forget :D

All of these models run from a 12 volt source so you can use them anywhere provided that you have a power 12 supply.

Following are some links on Airsoft battery info.

http://www.neasg.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1040&highlight=

http://www.neasg.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=5474

Archived