Armalite Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thats a casv set, and yes, it should. Depends what brand though, DBoys is cheap, but has some alignment issues. The KA one is likely much better, and the VLTOR one is gona be mint, but cost an assload.

I would like to replace the front sight on my CA M4 as it is a bit damaged.

I have been looking around and the sights available don't seem to have a screw hole so you can attach the front sight to the end cap.

Is there any sights suitable or do you just have to drill the hole yourself?

Thanks fellas!

thats a casv set, and yes, it should. Depends what brand though, DBoys is cheap, but has some alignment issues. The KA one is likely much better, and the VLTOR one is gona be mint, but cost an assload.

Thanks for that. I am looking for ideas for my M4

pedz

Edited by pedz
I would like to replace the front sight on my CA M4 as it is a bit damaged.

I have been looking around and the sights available don't seem to have a screw hole so you can attach the front sight to the end cap.

Is there any sights suitable or do you just have to drill the hole yourself?

Thanks fellas!

I'm fairly certain that there doesn't have to be a point at which the front sight post can be screwed onto the front cap for the handguard/RAS, the pins that secure the sight to the barrel and all that should be enough to keep the front sight and end cap secure. I suggest you get a KA front sight, there's a new steel version out I believe.

I'm fairly certain that there doesn't have to be a point at which the front sight post can be screwed onto the front cap for the handguard/RAS, the pins that secure the sight to the barrel and all that should be enough to keep the front sight and end cap secure. I suggest you get a KA front sight, there's a new steel version out I believe.

Thanks for that Render.

I will have a go removing the screw on my current front sight and see how it goes.

I currently have the CA RIS/RAS installed on my rifle which is terrible for movement as it is (I have kinda resolved this though by using electrical tape between the RIS/RAS interface and the Delta Ring) so Im a bit concerned the loose front cap may contribute to making this movement worse.

Funny you should recommend the KA sight as that is the exact one I was looking at!

I'll let you know how it goes.

I hope you have some luck with the swap. I really hated trying to modify my CA M4 when I had it, CA seems to add so many little unnecessary quirks (like the upper receiver not being flush with a RIS system, a "wiggly" RIS, etc etc.) that sometimes it's impossible to change certain parts on some of their Armalites. I've completely switched to G&P as a base gun, they seem to have things a bit more in line.

Edited by Render
I hope you have some luck with the swap. I really hated trying to modify my CA M4 when I had it, CA seems to add so many little unnecessary quirks (like the upper receiver not being flush with a RIS system, a "wiggly" RIS, etc etc.) that sometimes it's impossible to change certain parts on some of their Armalites. I've completely switched to G&P as a base gun, they seem to have things a bit more in line.

Thanks man.

To be honest I am finding the same thing.

There always seems to be some kind of trouble when swapping parts and tweaking things.

I actually wish I had gone for a G&P, Im probably going to sell my CA pretty soon. Pain in the hole!

The "wiggly" RIS is really unforgivable, such a shoddy job. As I said I have managed to sort that problem to some degree but its still not perfect.

those pistol grips totally ruins the form of the armalite ...ugh

Ah! Some constructive critiscism. I'm curious though, how does it ruin the "form" of the armalite? Are you opposed to the idea that the palm support is contoured up against the reciever? Or maybe you're opposed to the longer, but more countoured design that allows a much firmer grip for people like me with longer fingers and short palms? Or maybe, just maybe, you're opposed to the color? Is it that odd that you would need it in black or OD? Please tell me how exactly it ruins the form because in 10 years of shooting real and airsoft rifles I've never ever held another grip that provide more stability or comfort. With the many options on the real MIAD and the soon to be v2 airsoft MIAD I can't imagine there is a grip out there that can match it.

and they are uncomfortable, i actually got a blister on my middle finger from it....

Really!? I feel sorry for you! I know how bad a blister hurts on your foot, I can't imagine one on my fingers. Perhaps you didn't file down the front edge of the grip to be a smoother angle when you used yours? Or maybe you didn't bevel the top edge where it mates to the receiver. It may not look it in the photos, but I've done both of those modifications to my grips and I can fire with or without gloves and I've never even come close to getting a blister.