Armalite Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wal-Mart was outta saddle tan so I just used brown instead.

Authentic SEAL style writing on gun. Just need some covers for the aim point.

very sweet looking piece there Agent Hunk!

Is the saddle brown one of the krylon camo colors? All I can ever find at my walmart is the OD, black, tan, and dark brown krylon.

also, another picture time.

IMG_1716.jpg

IMG_1717.jpg

IMG_1722.jpg

note that last pic was taken with a flash.

and my cheap battery stock. It's a 8.4 2000mah crane stock battery ziptied to the stock. The single cell runs back into the stock tube. I have a CA crane stock, but this is my back-up, if I ever need it. This way I don't have to switch out the batteries in the crane stock, just switch stocks.

IMG_1715.jpg

BikeRex, I have a suggestion-why not get one of those M4 mag pouches that go on the collapsible stock? It would look cleaner and more realistic. Good luck.

Good point. I've been meaning to pick one up, but for now it's a quick fix. :)

In your first picture of your CQB-R, how do you like the straight scope mount for your aimpoint? Is it possible to wear a full pb mask and use the aimpoint comfortably?

Its a lot easier to use than a low mount - no ducking of your head to pick up the dot in your vision. as for a full PB mask - I dont know as I am glasses user myself.

My suggestion, if you're looking for a high end gun, would be the G&P Colt body M4 A1 Carbine from Redwolf. It's the least expensive, high-quality, perfect 'base' gun for $230 plus shipping to your home, I see it as the 'best buy'. Obviously that's just one man's opinion. I'm curious myself as to what others suggest. There's also $300 M16s by G&P.

Ah! Some constructive critiscism. I'm curious though, how does it ruin the "form" of the armalite? Are you opposed to the idea that the palm support is contoured up against the reciever? Or maybe you're opposed to the longer, but more countoured design that allows a much firmer grip for people like me with longer fingers and short palms? Or maybe, just maybe, you're opposed to the color? Is it that odd that you would need it in black or OD? Please tell me how exactly it ruins the form because in 10 years of shooting real and airsoft rifles I've never ever held another grip that provide more stability or comfort. With the many options on the real MIAD and the soon to be v2 airsoft MIAD I can't imagine there is a grip out there that can match it.

Really!? I feel sorry for you! I know how bad a blister hurts on your foot, I can't imagine one on my fingers. Perhaps you didn't file down the front edge of the grip to be a smoother angle when you used yours? Or maybe you didn't bevel the top edge where it mates to the receiver. It may not look it in the photos, but I've done both of those modifications to my grips and I can fire with or without gloves and I've never even come close to getting a blister.

I said it ruins the form of the gun. I didn't mention anything about the color, comfort or stability. Yes, it may be the most comfortable and stable pistol grip in the world. Well, I don't know since I never used one. Visually it just looks odd and out of place on armalites. Maybe if the palm grip was flush against the rear of the lower reciever it might look alright. So im sorry, if i offended you by using your SR-15 as an example.

Heres my contribution to this thread

2344603186_4d20e76056_o.jpg

I hope you have some luck with the swap. I really hated trying to modify my CA M4 when I had it, CA seems to add so many little unnecessary quirks (like the upper receiver not being flush with a RIS system, a "wiggly" RIS, etc etc.) that sometimes it's impossible to change certain parts on some of their Armalites. I've completely switched to G&P as a base gun, they seem to have things a bit more in line.

having gone through a crapload of ARs in the past 7 years and spending way to much time fiddling with all of them, that is the main reason why i have come to loath CA guns... and come to love G&P externals combined with a TM box

i've tried saying this before, only to be met with with claims there were no problems etc. :(

I'm not knocking their other models, but if your looking for an AR to mod, CA is not the startingplace imho

having gone through a crapload of ARs in the past 7 years and spending way to much time fiddling with all of them, that is the main reason why i have come to loath CA guns... and come to love G&P externals combined with a TM box

i've tried saying this before, only to be met with with claims there were no problems etc. :(

I'm not knocking their other models, but if your looking for an AR to mod, CA is not the startingplace imho

If I knew what I know now I would have went for the G&P over CA.

There always seems to be some kind of hassle, I get ###### off just thinking about the bloody thing and how much money and time I have put into it.

Mine was a new 2007 model RIS Carbine, one of their "improved" models. The RIS/upper receiver were still irregular, and I constantly had to re-tighten the screw on the RIS to keep it from shifting. With a vert grip I could literally shift the lower RIS side-to-side. Also the rail along the upper receiver was just a bit too wide. The carrying handle that came with it fit fine, but when I bought an Guarder ARMS sight to mount on it, it wouldn't fit, so I bought another of the same exact sight thinking the sight was off, but that one wouldn't fit either.

Just a barrel of problems surrounding the externals of a gun that isn't too spectacular in the first place.

On top of that, once you've fondled a G&P that has the same features for a similar price, you see that the external quality is leagues beyond CA and that it's just a better base gun. And the whole deal with G&P having internal problems is a dead issue at this point, I think their new models have been vastly improved.

I can't, however, complain about the internals of Classic Army M15's. A year ago CA's were great if you were planning to use it as-is without many upgrades, but now it seems they've fallen somewhere between alright-quality DBOYS and excellent quality G&P/VFC in the metal body world.

Edited by Render

picture request:

I hear people saying that the eotech 552 looks too long on a CQBR, but personally I think the 551 looks too stubby (and that's all i've seen in pics here)

Can anyone post up a pic of a CQBR with a 552?

Long M203 if you happen to have one too!

Not as flash as some of you guys blasters, but does the job shes meant to :)

and as for the miad grip on the sr15... i actually like it... it doesnt ruin the look, hypocritical the guy who posted that then posted a frankengun... :P

Dont you mean hypocritical to post a pic of a gun with an SPR pistol grip? Now those things are horrid. Lumps in all the wrong places.

'cant swap certain parts out?'

arnt you talking about ICS? :P

My ca has 0 compatability problems, how OLD are the CAs you guys are talking about?

i know mines a 55k series and its an absolute performer....

55k as in 55000 serial? My CA is #1251 and is still running fine. Its only now starting to need replacement parts.

Mine was a new 2007 model RIS Carbine, one of their "improved" models. The RIS/upper receiver were still irregular, and I constantly had to re-tighten the screw on the RIS to keep it from shifting. With a vert grip I could literally shift the lower RIS side-to-side. Also the rail along the upper receiver was just a bit too wide. The carrying handle that came with it fit fine, but when I bought an Guarder ARMS sight to mount on it, it wouldn't fit, so I bought another of the same exact sight thinking the sight was off, but that one wouldn't fit either.

Just a barrel of problems surrounding the externals of a gun that isn't too spectacular in the first place.

On top of that, once you've fondled a G&P that has the same features for a similar price, you see that the external quality is leagues beyond CA and that it's just a better base gun. And the whole deal with G&P having internal problems is a dead issue at this point, I think their new models have been vastly improved.

I can't, however, complain about the internals of Classic Army M15's. A year ago CA's were great if you were planning to use it as-is without many upgrades, but now it seems they've fallen somewhere between alright-quality DBOYS and excellent quality G&P/VFC in the metal body world.

evansy: yep,

Render: well i odnt know how that happened, but anything i put on mine fits fine....

never had any compatability issues, either you got a leamon, or CA decided to reduce thier quality massively....

The guns are great, sure, not colt trades, but tbh, i like them, and the state mines in externally, it matters little, and considering how half of armalite owners who *badgeress* about surface finish, eventually SPRAY thier rifle camo anyway makes me giggle :P

a year ago. CA was still the premier skirmish ar15....

my local bought all CA rental guns... still going strong with no upgrades... thats testemony...

ive had no problems with mine i hadnt caused. Externally, i couldnt ask for better.