Armalite Picture Thread

Vic, you should modify or do without that bottom front grip in my opinion. It goes against the smooth lines of the CASV upper.

Other than that it looks beastly.

Lol, thing is...without that, it wouldn't look nearly as much like a Shrike. ;)

-Vic

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

uscmCorps- Thanks, the MUR fit nearly flawlessly with the Colt lower, just had to give the front pin a tap or two with a hammer to make it go in. The stock is from my Diemaco project a while back as I'm still trying to decide what stock I want to use. The cheekweld on the CAA saddle is really nice. I wish King Arms made the VLTOR flashhider in 14-mm + as that would be my flashhider of choice. Pistol/motor grip is going to be a Down, and the stock probably will be another VLTOR offering. I couldn't find my Grip Pod (RS) in time for the picture, unfortunately.

Tango Bronco5150- It's my favorite fleece and definitely works well with my contractor look. It's also one of the old, made in the USA ones to boot. :P

Victory- It took me a while to figure out what to do with it (if you can remember my DMR). I got inspiration from a friend of mine who told me about what the EOD guys used and ran with it. Yeah, it's not 100% accurate, but for what I was trying to do, it works just fine. A nice thing about this CASV is that there's proper VLTOR trades on the side not photographed. You could maybe go with another of the exotic rail systems, like STAR's mid-length SIR or RAS II? The URX probably would require drilling (the SR25 model does). I really like the look of the hidden gas-block with a Krink-style muzzle just peaking out from under a rail system.

mrblah- sweet SR47, love the look, and keep up the good work.

Since its for a new armalite project I figured Id ask here;

Is there a website that sells cheaper acm magpul miads/ctr stocks?

Thanks

Contact ebaybanned.com. They were forced to remove their Magpul clones off their website and may still have some sitting around collecting dust in a closet somewhere.

-Vic.

I HATE THE IDIOTS IN COD4 WHO HAVE THE FREAKING BLUE AND RED RIFLES. why the hell would you WANT to have a rifle that you can spot from a mile away? why the hell does every freaking player and their grandmother have a red or blue m16 with the red dot?

[snip]

mature adults who want to play the game for the realism, and dont paint their damned rifles. i hate stupid kids.

Why do I use colored camo on my weapons in CoD4?

1. It makes little to no difference in terms of visibility. You don't stick out any more than you would with any other paint job.

2. If I've gotten that many headshots, I like to have something to show for it rather than let my reward just sit there. Yes, it's an ugly trophy, but it's still a trophy.

3. I actually like the look of the blue on some of the guns.

Also, ACOG FTW on the M16. Ever since the patch it's been worth using. Oh, and Call of Duty 4 is NOT a realistic game. I love the game and I've always been a CoD fan, but it's not a realistic game and never was meant to be. Any game where it requires three .50 cal shots from an M82A1 to the torso to kill someone (one for their Juggernaut, one for the remaining health, one for Last Stand) is not meant to be realistic. Also adding to the unrealism - Martyrdom, Stopping Power, Bomb Squad, UAVs that see through everything, Deep Impact, the list goes on.

The only camo that genuinely bugs be is the darn woodland and desert camo on HK and similarly designed guns. The MP5, P90, G36C, and so on do not mix with Flecktarn, plain and simple.

Oh mate i couldnt agree more, the colt bodys wernt available at the time, so im going to buy some when i have the cash spare, or just krylon them haha.

Its a complete G&P, its rock solid, one of my favourites for sure.

got a link as to where to get one? I have an ICS, and it is in dire need of a good front end, and I want a longer type setup, that one is teh sechs ;) mah ICS,

airsoftstuffendofspringbreak072.jpg

airsoftstuffendofspringbreak077.jpg

airsoftstuffendofspringbreak064.jpg

I have another complete upper, but it is in need of parts... its a madbull JP rifles kit... I got the rifle (JP rifle front end which is missing some parts, complete gun,king arms stock tube, and an off-brand m16 sock) for $120USD... What a frikin steal :P I had an earlier crappy ICS, so I took the upper of, swapped out the JP rifles front, and put the longer barrel in this one... Its my backup gun....

Funnily enough, the gun that isnt hanging up is an ICS, not my favourite... and to be honest im not sure how compatible they are with parts from other manufacturers, i put an SPR grip on mine and it wsnt playing ball. they have a slightly longer reciever as to fit the split gearbox so that might be why? although you have the jp on there so who knows?

Try redwolf or WGC, they should have them in stock? I got mine as the whole AEG.

Funnily enough, the gun that isnt hanging up is an ICS, not my favourite... and to be honest im not sure how compatible they are with parts from other manufacturers, i put an SPR grip on mine and it wsnt playing ball. they have a slightly longer reciever as to fit the split gearbox so that might be why? although you have the jp on there so who knows?

Try redwolf or WGC, they should have them in stock? I got mine as the whole AEG.

For your ICS, what RIS system are you using? I'm looking into buying one, but I'm unsure what brand to buy because of the compatibility issues I've heard of.

Most RIS systems do fit, but your really need to torque em on... an armorers wrench helps... And for anything that doesn't fit, get the madbull resizing toold and just torque it, then your threads should be the same as any Tm..... as for a guide, best I have found, http://www.airsoftretreat.com/forums/index.php?topic=49844.0

The JP rifles kit doesn't fit properly... I am getting an armorers wrench... should be fine after that.... if not, I have always wanted one of them resizing tools.... link for the bestest armorers wrench, http://www.dpmsinc.com/store/products/?pro...35&cat=1450