Armalite Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice m4 rad; what optic is that (can't tell fromthe view), looks kinda like an acog; but the mount seems different. But very nice gun

It is an AMP Tactical ACOG and it has great eye relief as well. The target Acquisition has been exceptional. I put this new Custom G&G MOD0 throguh the ringer all day saturday. no complaints. I am excited for the DuoStock and will post up those pics one it arrives at Tactical Airsoft Supply and I have a New Tracer unit for it as well, I know it shoots 405 fps with .20's and thats a bit hot for the UK sites however it is a Gem in a firefight!

Rad

Tokyo Marui Colt M4A1: NYPD ESU Tactical Carbine

gallery_1209_1364_24766.jpg

gallery_1209_1364_35028.jpg

gallery_1209_1364_73908.jpg

Guarder New Generation Colt M4A1 metal body

G&P M500 v. 1 foregrip modified to include LED navigation lights

G&G "Flexible" LE stock.

Guarder Aimpoint NB-13 + real-steel cantilever mount

STAR 300M backup iron sight

G&G single point sling plate + QR single point sling

This was my first ever AEG and has been turned into this. I modelled it after the NYPD ESU(Emergency Services Unit aka SWAT) rifles. Originally the ESU carried MP5-A5s with Surefire foregrips, but upgraded to M4s shortly after 9/11 and Homeland Security money started flowing in.

I modified the M500 foregrip to include the LED navigation lights that appear in the real-steel M500A.

At some point, i am going to crack the gearbox open again and high-speed the gearbox.

A&K S-System: Zombie Hunter

gallery_1209_1364_19083.jpg

gallery_1209_1364_52285.jpg

gallery_1209_1364_63745.jpg

Bought a "broken" A&K S-System from a US retailer for $50. Upon receipt, the gun itself just clicked with a battery inserted. I took the gearbox apart and it turns out the anti-reversal latch was dislodged. Put it back in place, and it purrs like a kitten. Added a $10 LED flashlight (single 123A battery for light weight), a Guarder 1 x 30 red dot from my parts bin. Added some custom lettering and decals, and is now my girlfriend's Zombie Hunter.

M4 CASV: Modern Short Barreled Entry Carbine

gallery_1209_1364_4024.jpg

Dboys CASV painted flat black

Dboys 10.5" outer barrel w/phantom flashhider

Dboys f/r iron sights

Dboys nylon pistol grip

Dboys Crane stock

Standard Gear M900 replica

Tokyo Marui M4A1 plastic body

SRC reinforced gearbox + shell

ICS switch

ICS copper bushings

Dboys motor

I bought a CASV body painted in tan from leejinwen and i'm currently turning it into my CQB entry gun. I was test fitting the gearbox into the body and now it's stuck. I'm too lazy to pull it out. Maybe next weekend it'll be finished. This is it's current progress.

Yeah but it would need that enormous monstrous magwell attachment to finish the look. :P

He could argue for CQBR, especially considering all the stuff that has "CQBR" in the name these days, but Mk.18 Mod 0, no.

Edited by Render

CQBR is a receiver, Mk.18 is a weapon, and combatants tend to do things to their weapons to make them make them work/look/feel better. Duostocks work really well with IBAs, for instance, though some consider them hideous. Nice weapon Codegeek2004, regardless of what it is.

-Piano.

Technically the CQBR is just the upper receiver (just to avoid confusion).

...combatants tend to do things to their weapons to make them make them work/look/feel better...

Granted, but even if you overlook the fact that he's changed the grip, rail system, BUIS, front sight post (?), that you'd see on the standard Mk.18, the simple fact that it lacks the correct lower receiver makes it not a Mk.18. Which is why, as stated above, it might be more appropriate if he called it an EOD CQBR, even though that's not exactly what it is, either...but it's closer :P

Edited by Render

I was watching WEC and the issue of close order combat skills was mentioned. heh.

With the barrel, yes.

About the ACOG, I have the G&P replica and I also have 20/15 vision. I can get about 2 inches eye relief with the sight picture just filling the exit lens. The reticle is clear no matter how far back I am from the sight, I could still hit with it, but eventually as you move back from the sight, the sight image is too large. The only way to get a longer relief from the sight would be to have a larger diameter exit lens or a supplemental magnifier.

That's really not a new experience though, I have the same issues with pretty much any scope or magnifying optic.