Armalite Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would. The KWA M4s are obnoxious. Newer players seem to love them, but I wouldn't recommend them to anyone for a myriad of reasons.

explain. i've owned quite a couple airsoft guns already and have heard nothing but GOOD about the KWA's.

finally, someone has a reason why i shouldn't spend more money on airsoft...at least for now.

explain?

The internals are really nothing more than over-priced clone parts, despite how good they may look. The plastic is not the best, and while the gears are nice they're also not very friendly to non-KWA brands (from testing the one I worked on). The wiring isn't great, the non-standard nozzle and hopup (which is missing a BB-retaining nub) is oddly designed at best, and the gearbox is designed with stronger-than necessary springs, which makes everything work harder when you're not using a LiPo.

All in all, avoid.

The internals are really nothing more than over-priced clone parts, despite how good they may look. The plastic is not the best, and while the gears are nice they're also not very friendly to non-KWA brands (from testing the one I worked on). The wiring isn't great, the non-standard nozzle and hopup (which is missing a BB-retaining nub) is oddly designed at best, and the gearbox is designed with stronger-than necessary springs, which makes everything work harder when you're not using a LiPo.

All in all, avoid.

wow. then in your opinion. what would be the best stock armalite rifle to get? in terms of best value for externals and internals.

also, i really don't care for rails (actually prefer handguards). i just want something that won't break often.

im looking at the $300- $400 range

Ive been in airsoft more than a year, and I love my KWA. I was a bit skeptical at first, I wouldnt touch a new gun like this with a pole. But I decided to get it, and it was the right move. Ive had it since the new year, used it in several skirmishes, and 1 op. No issues at all. Its been working flawlessly.

luvs to shoot your best bet would be to build one

Personal..altho imk not expert

Hurricane Body

Systema GB

KA hop unit

whatever TB..i use a mdabull its nice.

KA outer barrel.

thanks for the input, but im really strapped for cash right now

i went that route with my Mk12 Mod0.

if i do it again, im going to be around $500 over my limit. the hurricane body ($200) + systema gearbox ($250-$300) is already over my budget

i am looking into a G&P M4 commando though, anyone have any input on their G&P 9mm SMG from AEX? i was thinking of maybe just taking out the 9mm conversion and installing a new "AEX" upper receiver (i have one lying around from a trade)

Edited by luvs2shoot
I've heard the G&P 9mm metal bodies have had feeding issues. Personally, I'd go with a standard G&P, and get the Warhead conversion kit.

-Vic

He wants to remove the 9mm kit, not add one.

Luvs2shoot, the AEX 9mms have the pinned type mag block, so you'll have holes through your lower when you remove it....

this is all just causing more trouble

i did see a G&P M4 FS on one of the airsoft forums, it looked like a pretty good deal. maybe i'll just pick that one up instead, and save me the trouble :D

so Dingo, i can't just replace that body with another AEX/ Guarder body huh? darn, i really like the G&P externals and most of their internals

Edited by luvs2shoot
this is all just causing more trouble

i did see a G&P M4 FS on one of the airsoft forums, it looked like a pretty good deal. maybe i'll just pick that one up instead, and save me the trouble :D

so Dingo, i can't just replace that body with another AEX/ Guarder body huh? darn, i really like the G&P externals and most of their internals

Replacing the receiver is no problem, it would work. I was just letting you know that those particular models had holes drilled through the magazine well to accomodate the mag block for the 9mm mags.

Yes, i love G&P, too.

my last gun was a G&P, and though i exchanged all the externals, the gearbox remained untouched throughout. even survived a pretty hard fall (the UR didn't) Ran like clockwork for 10 months straight, and looked afterwards like it was brand new. no wear, no chips nothing. unfortunately, my gun ist still stateside, while i'm in red-tape-germany.

got a new one now, and guess what gearbox it's running with...

as far as a replacement receiver goes, the guarders look nice, and they are extremely sturdy, but UR and LR aren't exactly a tight fit. you might have them gaping apart a milimeter or two at the front. edit: also guarder LR's magwells are VERY tight. i ripped apart a couple of KA low caps taking them out, and no chance of using midcaps in there

G&P make nice receivers, but king arms are nicer, and at the same price (off uncompany). they have a locking bolt and locking takedown pins. real nifty.

best (as always in externals) is VFC. a bit on the pricy side, and always out-of-stock-ish at WGC, but they look better than systemas. have the same features as king arms, but a different construction. the locking bolt won't work with a G&P mechbox, though, because the G&P's lower frontal screw is set a bit differently than marui's/VFC's

Edited by Chevieblazer
Yes, i love G&P, too.

my last gun was a G&P, and though i exchanged all the externals, the gearbox remained untouched throughout. even survived a pretty hard fall (the UR didn't) Ran like clockwork for 10 months straight, and looked afterwards like it was brand new. no wear, no chips nothing. unfortunately, my gun ist still stateside, while i'm in red-tape-germany.

got a new one now, and guess what gearbox it's running with...

as far as a replacement receiver goes, the guarders look nice, and they are extremely sturdy, but UR and LR aren't exactly a tight fit. you might have them gaping apart a milimeter or two at the front. edit: also guarder LR's magwells are VERY tight. i ripped apart a couple of KA low caps taking them out, and no chance of using midcaps in there

G&P make nice receivers, but king arms are nicer, and at the same price (off uncompany). they have a locking bolt and locking takedown pins. real nifty.

best (as always in externals) is VFC. a bit on the pricy side, and always out-of-stock-ish at WGC, but they look better than systemas. have the same features as king arms, but a different construction. the locking bolt won't work with a G&P mechbox, though, because the G&P's lower frontal screw is set a bit differently than marui's/VFC's

I concur for the most part... King arms are bastards to front wire, or at least they were.... VFC isn't exactly the best in all things, like the GB must be modded to use a VFC metal body..... I just recieved my hurricane SR-15 body and man, I am NEVER, EVER getting a G&P receiver again.... Its just soooo bueatiful, and fits with everything (the G&P ff kit I have even lines up with the flattop, something that didn't even happen when I was using it witha G&P! reciever... weird isn't it.... MIAD fits perfect.... Everything about it kicks A$$!!!!!!! If VFCcomes out with a newer ver. body that doesn't require modding the GB, and they do some cool rewiring mods to make it work with crane stock out of the box, along with some other trademarks, that is the next mbk I'm getting.... oh and BTW, hurricane recievers cost $150, to whoever it was that said they cost $200+

Also, Anyone know where I could find a regular plug in tapeswitch/pressure switch?

Edited by Vercingetorix
I was wondering, I have a magpul MIAD grip, and when I play for a while the motor ajustment screw on the bottom gets loose and almost falls out. Anything I am doing wrong?

Back the screw all the way out, then put about a 1/4" piece of electrical tape on the screw, then thread the screw/tape back in. It should now be tight enough to hold, but loose enough to adjust. It worked on both of mine. :)