Armalite Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice assassin rifle Pozzie, I've got a similar set up using slightly different parts and converted to semi only via a screw in the receiver (should really fill the screwdriver bit in with something to stop any accusation of FA conversion in field). Then fun thing is, with the use of an airbrake piston head and 40mm of silencer (its a 200mm one but hiding a 520mm 6.01 ran through an M4 barrel) that at 415fps it runs so much quieter than my 350fps M4 irrespective of whether I have a silencer fitted to that or not. It should be very hard to hear once I get it out into the field and start taking shots at people from typical sniper MERs

I'll get some pics up when the camera gets brought back to the house as well as a parts list if anyone's interested.

yeah, pretty close to complete... wants a new body but will sufice...

still am waiting on *fruitcage* acog :(

Would have sold ya my G&P Type 4x32 one if it didn't have a slight chip on the optics. :(

ah well looking snazzy anyway.

k

Weeeell, from what I've heard in the firearms act there's actually some wording that severely buggers up the whole 1.35J/Section 5 thing, something to do with the legislation being written for firearms with rifling, which AEGs don't have unless you go fit a Tanio Koba twist barrel and even then its not quite the same thing. I haven't got the firearms act to hand but my dad (who does .22 target shooting and does the admin for the club he is at) does and can probably find the part I'm looking for, would be a while though as he is at a competition at the moment. I do understand however all the legal gumpf that muddies the water when looking into sniper AEG conversions and the like.

As long as I keep to sniper MERs and wear a tin foil hat while using it there shouldn't be a problem. The owners of the site I play at normally don't have a problem with me using such a gun and as the gun was built for use at the GZ weekender where there is a 425fps w/.2 limit I might contemplate fitting an even stronger spring so that by the time I have the hop set for .28s I should still be under that with .2s, I know that hop readings are meant to be done with the hop off but I don't see the point, you're not going to use an untuned rifle as it were so I think guns should be chrono'd as they are set up to be used ie hop set. That said its probably because of idiots taking 380fps guns into urban and cranking the hop all the way on to get them to site velocity then causing havoc that's brought that procedure about.

Would have sold ya my G&P Type 4x32 one if it didn't have a slight chip on the optics. :(

ah well looking snazzy anyway.

k

gah, now you fugging tell me!

Rsm: ah didnt know that.... *cackles evily* i may ask my site owner then run her up to 500 for poops and giggles....

that could be epic ^_^

Ah, camera finally got returned.

Gunz001.jpg

Gunz002.jpg

Anyway, both rifles are ICS based, the ‘M4AR’ is my jack of all trades assault/semi support gun and the ‘M4SR’ is my semi auto sniper. If I don’t list something then assume the stock part is in place.

M4AR (ICS M4A1 telescopic stock based)

FPS: 340-345 hop set.

RPM: 1650 at last check, on fully charged 9.6v 3700mah battery it does 28rps.

Effective range: 35-45m depending on elevation in relation to target and wind.

Internals: Prometheus high speed gears

G+P trigger switch wired to rear(selector plate is bypassed as it comes)

Systema Turbo motor

Pro Arms Super Light Weight Piston with shimmed Area 1000 non bearing piston head

G+G Bearing Spring Guide

Guarder SP110 spring (bedded in now so is doing sensible FPS, may switch to PDI 130-140% for that little bit of extra power)

Area 1000 cylinder head

Systema hop rubber (replaced Prometheus purple which was OK)

Big out white H hop

Madbull 6.03mm 363mm barrel

Externals:

Prime Crane Stock and tube

King Amrs stock tube sling adaptor

JBU SR-16 style outer barrel

King Arms KFH firepig/amplifier alternate with G+G SS-80 silencer.

Guarder AR-15 gas tube

King Arms Gas Block

King Arms flip up rear sight

JBU F7R Railed Hand Guard

G+P Rubber ‘ladder’ RAS covers

Star M6D flashlight/laser unit (thinking of replacing with a brighter unit from AS)

TM vert grip

M4SR (ICS M16A3 based, designated M4SR due to fitting M4 length outer barrel)

FPS: 410-415fps (Hop set figure not available as I can’t get to a range at the moment)

RPM: Erm…I think I managed to clock 210RPM with just semi fire. Uses a 4/5Sc 9.6 2400mah battery, contemplating getting a custom 10.8v 2000mah made from Af cells.

Effective Range: Untested, a number of calculators/trajectory plotters suggest 60m for a ‘flat’ engagement scenario.

Internals:

Prometheus Triple Torque Gears

G+P trigger switch with Extreme Fire SW-AB Long mosfet.

G+P M160 motor – very torquey thing, more than the ICS T3000, probably less than a Systema Magnum

Pro Arms Super Lightweight piston fitted with Optimax Airbrake Bearing piston head

Guarder SP110, considering trading up to SP120 or PDI 200%

G+G cylinder head – has slight coning so accepts the airbrake better

Systema Hop Rubber – After seeing a stock TM rubber do fine on a PSG doing 440fps I think this should be just fine in terms of performance/rate of wear.

Big Out Black H bucking (looks more like the VSR style bucking)

PDI 6.01mm 520mm inner barrel.

Externals

JBU SR16 outer barrel

JBU F8LCR sniper kit (RAS only, the silencer it comes with is gash)

King Arms 200x40mm Silencer

TM M4A1 Scope Mount

Tasco 3-9-50mm illuminated scope

King Arms Tactical Latch

Guarder AR-15 gas tube

King Arms Gas Block

Star Troy Style Bipod

G+P rubber ladder lock RAS cover

ICS RAS forward sling loop.

Modifications:

This is a list of the mods I’ve had to make to the guns during building to improve reliability or aesthetics.

M4AR

Modification to stock adaptor to accept Prime stock tube – Sanding

Modification to receiver face to accept gas tube – Minor drill work using 7mm drill

Modification to lower gearbox assembly – Dremelling material out of shell on right side to allow greater range of movement of the anti reversal latch, extra movement caused by 5 catches on bevel gear compared to stock 2, extra movement caused the ARL arm to snap the top part off. In this gun two were claimed before right amount of material was removed.

M4SR

Modification to receiver face to accept gas tube – Minor drill work using 7mm drill

Modification to lower gearbox assembly – Dremelling material out of shell on right side to allow greater range of movement of the anti reversal latch, extra movement caused by 5 catches on bevel gear compared to stock 2. Done as preventative measure from experience on M4AR.

Modification to receiver to disable full auto – Receiver was drilled and spare gearbox screw forced into it to thread hole. Screw was then cut to length to fit flush with inside of receiver to prevent fouling on the receiver.

Edited by RSM
yep, there are ways. But for my body size and shape, i find that setup extremely comfortable, stable, and advantagous.

Tbh, the ar15 is fairly big to me, so id be craning my neck to get it to the cocking handle.

Try collapsing the stock a little bit and tucking your elbow? Try centering the gun a little bit more on the pectoral muscle instead of the shoulder. My girlfriend has this same issue with m4's and no matter what i try and do i just cannot get the gun to fit her "properly". Still doesnt keep her from killing anything that walks. :D

i have something called a boob sat on my pectoral muscle....

i imagine she does too....

and i cant shorten the stock... my battery is in it :P

Edit:

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n125/Be...06/DSC01385.jpg i got sick of disco green... its now recived a tone down and general cam spray, like?

Edited by Pozzie