Armalite Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where in the hell did you get that PMAG seraphim? I Want some SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

damn bad....... How do they feed? Whats the build quality like? *drooling profusely* Nice gun! Although I never was an admirer of CASVs... Yours pulls it of nicely...

Radio where do you store the battery...I need to know because my new M4 is completley custom but all i have for battery placement is a PEQ. Any help?

Alot of people are goint to cringe, but I use a battery bag. It's because I use GP 10.8V 4300mAh large type batteries. I don't mind the battery bag, it was actually worked into my design when i was building it. However, I'm leaning towards buying a VLTOR eMod stock and running a Lipo, which is something you might want to consider to achieve a sleek look.

Edited by radio_flyer
Alot of people are goint to cringe, but I use a battery bag. It's because I use GP 10.8V 4300mAh large type batteries. I don't mind the battery bag, it was actually worked into my design when i was building it. However, I'm leaning towards buying a VLTOR eMod stock and running a Lipo, which is something you might want to consider to achieve a sleek look.

I run a similar setup in my Vltor CASV. I have modified the Vltor Enhanced Mod Stock to accommodate liPo cells. Its a really good setup without sacrificing looks. I'd highly recommend it.

100_1383.jpg

Something a little different :P

PICT0059.jpg

To whomever asked about the Larue 7.0. I can fit my star M6 onto the rail no problem. The first segments aren't cut properly so you'll have to do a bit of filing to get RIS covers to stay on :)

I assume the battery is in the front??

it does look rather different, in the competitive world of m4 modding, it sure does break the mould!

Ok, LIPO in a stock tube. How does it work? I need to find a new battery option now because I no longer want my M4 to be wire to the front. Is it dangerous? Where do the wires go? How do you connect the battery?

EDIT: While I'm at it, crane stocks. Is the Dboys crane stock a good quality stock? Is there a certain type/size battery it can hold or can it hold any type/size?

Edited by Carter

Is there a turorial some where I can find out how to mod a Vltor Enhanced Mod Stock to hold LiPo cells. Also where do you get the LiPo cells individualy? They just go inside the left and right pop out housings on the Vltor Enhanced Mod Stock right?

Or could you run a LiPo stick battery through a MagPul stock, I really don't want to sacrafice my MagPul stock for a VLTOR stock but if there is no other way I will.

Any Help?

You'd probably have to get a two or three cell stick pack and split the cells up yourself. Or get one of the firefox LiPo's with the cells not heatshrinked together. Modding the stock to take a LiPo should be the same as modding it for any battery, presuming you want a cell in each of the tubes on the side of the stock.

Also, Define Magpul stock? If it's a CTR, or is similarly shaped, you can fit a NiMh mini pack into the stock with some fiddling and modifications. It SHOULD work on other stocks than the CTR, if they are similar enough; I think at least a couple of magpul's stock are, but I've only used the CTR, so....

Link to the thread with discusison of it is: http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...howtopic=142741

You'd do well to PM DaveDawg123 about this if you want to give it a try; It appears I'm the first to do this, but he's developed the idea further than my bodged stock and crudely soldered prototype battery ;)

Is there a turorial some where I can find out how to mod a Vltor Enhanced Mod Stock to hold LiPo cells. Also where do you get the LiPo cells individualy? They just go inside the left and right pop out housings on the Vltor Enhanced Mod Stock right?

Or could you run a LiPo stick battery through a MagPul stock, I really don't want to sacrafice my MagPul stock for a VLTOR stock but if there is no other way I will.

Any Help?

It shouldn't be hard, Alot of that inner stock plate that screws into the rear of the mech have that notch in them to accomodate rear wiring. So run your wires through there all the way out the rear of the stock, run the wires down behing the rear rubber butt plate and into the compartment of the EMod. If you look at "justin.kovacs" pic you can see his wire on the bottom. As for the Lipo, unless they have one made that size, you're going to have to custom make one that wll fit in that compartment.

I will probably figure something out with the stock tube and a LiPo, I really don't want to use a VLTOR stock or a CRANE I think they are way to tactical and the crane is not slim and compact for my taste. I will stick with my MagPul CTR stock. If all else fails I will just get a 3400 mAh small type PEQ box I found from G&P that is very slim. Its probably the best solution.

I wonder if LiPo makes a stick battery medium length to fit in my MagPul CTR stock (fully extended)

Firefox makes an 11.1v 1200mAh 12C lipo that fits in the buffer tube. As I recall, you should be able to collapse the stock as far position 2 (position 1 being fully collapsed).

As MDK stated, I'm working on further developing upon his NiMh idea for CTR stocks as I don't need the crazy ROF associated with the 11.1v lipos. I have some plans drawn up and, once I sell some goods to free up some cash, I'll get CBP to make it. I'll test it and report back.

BTW, there are 7.4v li-pos and li-ions for buffer tubes in the works. No ETA on when they will hit the states though.

Edited by davedawg123
Where in the hell did you get that PMAG seraphim? I Want some SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

damn bad....... How do they feed? Whats the build quality like? *drooling profusely* Nice gun! Although I never was an admirer of CASVs... Yours pulls it of nicely...

I found it in a shop here in Tokyo. Strangely enough they haven't appeared at redwolf or any of the other big retailers yet and I've confirmed that it is the fact the real magpul pts pmag from various sources.

The build quality is very good, much better than any plastic mag I have ever encountered. It is indeed made from polycarbonate and has thick walls and a specially made inner. Too bad that the colour which they state as Dark earth isn't dark earth at all.

Now to the bad part; it's highcap. Why oh why. you can also see the internals through the see-through glass which, although it does help you know when you are out of bbs, shows the gears and all that very non-RS stuff. Of course it could be customized but I'll wait and hope for them to come in low- or midcaps. But well, that said the feed is probably the best I have encountered in any high cap mag. I managed to empty an entire mag with constant feed without retightening the spring.

The only reason I use it (I hate high caps) is because...well... it's the pmag and this rifle is all about magpul. I wouldn't want to load it with more than 100 bbs though and when they come out with the low/midcaps (and hopefulla a correct shade of dark earth) I'll get a whole box. Oh and the pmag ranger plates of course :)