Armalite Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't the front sight obscure your field of view through the scope?

Actually it focuses out. I don't even see it. On the lowest magnification I can see that my crosshairs go right through the three prongs, but besides that it's not even a factor.

the A4 is just the A3 with three round burst instead of auto, they both have removable carry handles :)

Want to put your money where your mouth is?

You are WRONG. So WRONG, that it needs capitals.

M16A1: fixed carry handle, old non-elevation style sights, full auto

M16A2: new sights, fixed carry handle, 3rb (designed to fit USMC needs)

M16A3 EXACT SAME AS A2, with full auto instead of burst. Was and is still used by the navy, because they cant hit *beep*.

M16A4 MWS: USMC version with removable carry handle. Otherwise, pretty much the same as the A2. now issued with the M5 RAS rail system

You are wrong. I am a weapon nut, and trust me, I know

-Joe

Edited by masakarijoe

I was under the same impression that Aimpoint seems to be under...

Aren't you a marine also?

That's good enough for me. Thanks for the correction.

If there's one thing I've learned from being involved with the military, it's to always listen to a marine. They may not be right sometimes, but you sure as hell don't want to mess with them ;)

Edited by Kush88

Back to pics..

My old ics m4 never use it much any more though.

icsm4408.jpg

A CA m4 i'm fixing up for a friend

snakem4736.jpg

My beloved EOD m4 its a bit beatup now but working perfectly after being sick for a long while.

eodcasv616.jpg

The current status of my M733, although I suppose it's an RO933 these days.

s5000004ii7.jpg

s5000001bn4.jpg

Gotten a bit bored with it though, as I really want something with rails. I've been feeling like a CQBR so I'm thinking I might buy a Dboys CQBR, and then swap around the receivers so I can keep my G&P body and TM mechbox, and gain myself some rails and a crane stock, and then just use the Dboys body/mechbox to rebuild this one and sell it to cover some of the cost of the CQBR.

Anyone got any other suggestions on how to make my rifle interesting again?

I was under the same impression that Aimpoint seems to be under...

Aren't you a marine also?

That's good enough for me. Thanks for the correction.

If there's one thing I've learned from being involved with the military, it's to always listen to a marine. They may not be right sometimes, but you sure as hell don't want to mess with them ;)

yes Sir, i am

it is a common misconception, because many rifle companies use the A3 designation to denote a flattop upper, so when people think of the M16A3, they think flattop.

i blame airsoft companies :D

-Joe

CA M15A4 sportsline (I am one of the lucky ones that got one that works, and it works well!)

DBOYS RIS unit

CA M203 short

LXGD Laser (can't see on pics :P )

CA PEQ box with 8.4v 3300mah battery

ACM EOtech

photo00932mv5.jpg

photo00933zp5.jpg

photo00934pt5.jpg

Yes the EOtech can see above the PEQ box...just...

http://img179.imageshack.us/my.php?image=photo00936oy8.jpg

Soon to be puchasing the King arms troy A3 CQB. Any opinions on this gun?

Cheers :)

EDIT: Sticker is from my skirmish site chrono pass.

Edited by gunnermaniac

pre haynes box drop-in

roughly 1-1200 into it hehe

should be shooting by next weekend, and it is FINALLY completed. tell me what you guys think!

shoots 390s with 25's

200+ feet measured

22 rps :D

2hcjbsw.jpg

9g8vna.jpg

had to re-white in the trades on the left side as they seemed to be faded... on a new body, hmmmm

Finally showed up today after over a month of waiting...

2495019125_b900155c50_o.jpg

2495018607_371959a73d_o.jpg

WGC Shop Custom G&P M4A1 RIS

Internals:

- G&P 7mm Reinforced Gearbox

- Reinforced Polycarbonate Piston

- Bearing Spring Guide

- Systema M16 Air Nozzle*

Externals:

- G&P M4A1 RIS Base / Colt Metal Body

- G&P Crane Stock

- G&P Steel M4A1 Outer Barrel*

- G&P Tango Down style pistol grip

- Guarder 40L BUIS

- Guarder Vortex flash hider

- Guarder Steel Front Sight Post*

- King Arms Tango Down Rail Covers

- Magpul trigger guard

- Tango Down BGV-Mk46 vertical grip

- VFC QD Sling Mount

- VFC/Avalon LaRue high mount

- Deans wired

* Means I have, but haven't installed.

Waiting on a replica AimPoint and C.Q.D. front sling mount. Other than that, it's done.

Thanks to Airsoft Advantage for the help.

Edited by Render
Want to put your money where your mouth is?

You are WRONG. So WRONG, that it needs capitals.

M16A1: fixed carry handle, old non-elevation style sights, full auto

M16A2: new sights, fixed carry handle, 3rb (designed to fit USMC needs)

M16A3 EXACT SAME AS A2, with full auto instead of burst. Was and is still used by the navy, because they cant hit *beep*.

M16A4 MWS: USMC version with removable carry handle. Otherwise, pretty much the same as the A2. now issued with the M5 RAS rail system

You are wrong. I am a weapon nut, and trust me, I know

-Joe

my bad dude,thanks for the info

whats the model number for the a4 that can fire full auto then ?

my bad dude,thanks for the info

whats the model number for the a4 that can fire full auto then ?

There isn't one.

I was going to second what Joe said but he cleared it up already. The A3 was used only by a few NSW operators for a very short time in the early-mid '90s, and as Joe said, it has a fixed carry handle as the A2 does but full automatic fire capabilities.

Oh, (edit) the blame goes to civilian firearms producers that 'jumped the gun' when they labeled their first flat top civilian ARs as A3s. The airsoft manufacturers just didn't know any better than those who took the civilian A3 as the military designation.

One thing as Marines, we are subject to knowing the AR series (as well as our other weapons), it's modifications and it's alternations by force of habit/fidelity to our weapons.

Edited by MERCILESSPIT

Hey, I have a quick question for you all about metal bodies.

I just bought a G&P receiver (which I am greatly disappointed with) which cannot front wire. I am planning on selling it and buying a better quality body. My choices are King Arms and Hurricane. I like the prospect of King Arms because of the bolt catch and the fact that they are pre modified for a crane stock (should I choose that route). However, I cannot seem to find their Colt version that they have released anywhere.

I like the idea of Hurrican because I have read that they are amazing quality.

My main thing is, I want to front wire the gun. The G&P does not have enough room for the wires when I have a one piece hop-up installed. So, can the King Arms and Hurricane bodies have enough room to front wire the gun with a one piece hop-up installed?

Looks great Render. I will be getting my WGC Custom M4 in June from Airsoft Advantage. Which will become my lego kit gun. Lotsa stuff to put on it, or have the basic rifle.

Edit: Mind getting me a picture of the left side? Your pictures are great, but I'd like one with the trades for a nice desktop wallpaper.

Edited by Sarge133

airsoftgun1001vy9.jpg

airsoftgun1001vy9.08e1eb6a05.jpg

jg m4 cqb

king arms m4 bushmaster mbk

416 stock w/9.6v bat (switch with crane stock./8.4v instead of changing batteries in a day.

waiting on an order from airsoft gi for king arms black grip, gemtech silencer/flashhider, madbull m16 length tight bore barrel, and madbull bucking, as my stock one is tore up and the bbs fall after about 50 feet, but it does shoot hard and fast for the 50 ft xD

ya i know, ###### picture, and still with the orange flash hider.