Armalite Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, but this bugs the hell out of me. Does anyone else thing it's more than a little disrespectful to post a photo with a SEAL memorial shirt with airsoft replicas in a staged shot? That's definitely cheapening the dead, and while I'm all about airsoft, and remembering the fallen, those should be separate.

Lookin' sweet Render.

Thanks man.

Does anyone know if most charging handles come with the long springs? I just took down my rifle and the spring completely stretched and warped to the point of uselessness, which I've never seen happen with a G&P. So I need to source one of those springs.

Sorry, but this bugs the hell out of me. Does anyone else thing it's more than a little disrespectful to post a photo with a SEAL memorial shirt with airsoft replicas in a staged shot? That's definitely cheapening the dead, and while I'm all about airsoft, and remembering the fallen, those should be separate.

What bothers me more is how people use the pictures of the deceased (mainly in the SEAL thread) as mainly reference photos for gears instead.

The picture above at least is an attempt at being 'respectful,' I would hope.

Render, beautiful M4....but it cries for a barrel mounted M203 instead of the RIS mounted version. I'm loving the gun either way though.

Edited by Souske

PlasticMag- I think it's exactly the opposite. It's a still life to honor those who have passed on in the line of duty. A prop is a prop, just because it's an airsoft gun and not the real thing doesn't "cheapen" the image at all. This is one thing and one thing only: art.

It's not like we're posting pictures of the fallen SEALs for use in gear discussion, sans mentions of respect.

:mellow:

Oh, and beaten by Souske by seconds, heh.

Edited by TheKurodaVagrant
PlasticMag- I think it's exactly the opposite. It's a still life to honor those who have passed on in the line of duty. A prop is a prop, just because it's an airsoft gun and not the real thing doesn't "cheapen" the image at all. This is one thing and one thing only, art.

It's not like we're posting pictures of the fallen SEALs for use in gear discussion, sans mentions of respect.

:mellow:

But here's a shirt intended to be worn in memorium. And what's it being used for? A 'look at my cool swag' picture. That's what's wrong with it.

Some things are not suited to be props. That is one of them.

"Imitation is the most sincere form of flattery"

Being Military (US Army Infantry Scout/Sniper, Sergeant) myself I see no issue with it. He is showing respect to the dead by imitation. Its actually quite respectable. Now is he was walking around with military awards, decorations or rank, then I would see a serious issue.

-'Nuff Said.

The intent of a person is what means the most. "Intent" being the key word, here.

-Vic

Edit: Justin, I agree...kinda' hard not to, but I guess the rank is a personal opinion. Listening to the 101st episode of OPSEC Airsoft Radio, they were speaking on the subject. The conclusion concerning rank, and a U.S. Military personel agreed with this (bringing to a point that it's individual), was that if you're running an operation, and the leader of one force is a, for example, "Colonel", that person should wear a rank insignia only as a purpose of identification...so that it's easier to ID prime targets...as in who the sniper should aim for.

Edited by Victory
But here's a shirt intended to be worn in memorium. And what's it being used for? A 'look at my cool swag' picture. That's what's wrong with it.

Some things are not suited to be props. That is one of them.

Yes, and it's being used in a memorial collage. I really don't see the big deal.

Render, beautiful M4....but it cries for a barrel mounted M203 instead of the RIS mounted version. I'm loving the gun either way though.

Heh, yeah...the only reason I have a 203 at all is because it came with the gun. I'm selling it right away. If I ever buy another, it'll be barrel mounted.

I'm a little bothered by the shirt too as a part of the "check out my stuffs" perspective. Alone, it'd be fine.

And I don't really see how posting photos of a mk18 is a memorial collage. It's gun pr0n.

And don't get me wrong, it's a wonderful weapon and I wish I had a sexy looking gun like that.

Heh, yeah...the only reason I have a 203 at all is because it came with the gun. I'm selling it right away. If I ever buy another, it'll be barrel mounted.

Haha, sounds like a plan. When you do get the barrel mounted 203...post more of those beautiful pictures you take!

Whitedingo: That's the 'Vanaras' or some-other chinese CompM4 right? Any issues with the height at all? As it lacks the real CompM4s spacer.

It's the "ACM" or chinese Comp M4. Without the spacer installed (which it comes with if you want, as well as the extra screws), it cowitnesses with my BUIS perfectly. With the spacer installed, you can just barely see the sight picture in the very bottom of the red dot.

Thanks.

Solidius i can still use the front sight and rear sight.Their there just in-case my aimpoint fails on me.

The shirt is NOT a prop i WEAR it most of the time.

Anything used in a still life or collage could be considered a prop, regardless of whether it's has another purpose or not. But that's another topic entirely, let's get back to M16s!

It's the "ACM" or chinese Comp M4. Without the spacer installed (which it comes with if you want, as well as the extra screws), it cowitnesses with my BUIS perfectly. With the spacer installed, you can just barely see the sight picture in the very bottom of the red dot.

Where did you get it from? And what do you mean "if you want"? Are there some from whom you get the spacer, and some whom you don't?

I REALLY don't wanna have to buy two scopes, just because I baught the first one from some a**-backwards retailer.