Armalite Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive seen lot of good pics here about CBR version. Bad thing is that i want to have CQBr but i am huge fan of Vietnam era but dont have armalite.

Is the CQB-r from Dboys worth it. I have owned TM SG552 for 3 years so i am not a noob.

Maybe i would modifie the sig for SG 556 and use it on my US SF kit and get M14.

Im gonna add my opinion, limited amount of aftermarket stuff that will work well enough. Sure, being able to trade uppers out for different powered guns is cool and all...but the restrictions arent. That and they look ugly for some reason.

Lol.

ICSM41.jpg

I'll try to add some new pics later this week. Goodies coming :)

Edited by 4boost
I dont see whats so LOL. The thing still looks ugly to me. The options are limited regardless.

Also, Snipe, what scope are you getting for your rifle?

You said it had limited after market parts available, which made it seem like there wasn't much you could do to an ICS Armalite. He just posted an ICS Armalite with a ton of after market parts on it which contradicts your previous statement.

If you have trouble understanding that, let me know and I'll try to explain it more.

You said it had limited after market parts available, which made it seem like there wasn't much you could do to an ICS Armalite. He just posted an ICS Armalite with a ton of after market parts on it which contradicts your previous statement.

If you have trouble understanding that, let me know and I'll try to explain it more.

lol, that was petty.

Theres a lot that ICS cant do, regardless if he has a pretty stock and rail. It comes down to internals and bodies, as well as manufacturers specifications. So, he has some things on his rifle. There are still things I can have that he cant.

Anyone can find something they don't like for a particular gun/kit. I was just posting that there are a lot of mods you can do to an ICS. People have this thing in thier heads that if an aftermarket manufacturer says that it will only fit a TM or CA...it won't fit an ICS. In the case of external mods, 9 times out of ten you can get it to work. Some may need a little more fab time to get perfect but thats the nature of the beast and the fun of modding. I think a lot of you are afraid of a file. Seriously, if it doesn't immediately bolt up....that doesn't mean it's not going to work.

As far as aftermarket bodies...well I guess you got us there. :rolleyes:

Anyone can find something they don't like for a particular gun/kit. I was just posting that there are a lot of mods you can do to an ICS. People have this thing in thier heads that if an aftermarket manufacturer says that it will only fit a TM or CA...it won't fit an ICS. In the case of external mods, 9 times out of ten you can get it to work. Some may need a little more fab time to get perfect but thats the nature of the beast and the fun of modding. I think a lot of you are afraid of a file. Seriously, if it doesn't immediately bolt up....that doesn't mean it's not going to work.

As far as aftermarket bodies...well I guess you got us there. :rolleyes:

Not trying to bash ICS. They are leagues better than CA every could be. I had a PM conversation with a member here who was rabidly defending the ICS gun, and the funny thing is, I really wasnt trying to point anything out that was bad. I have simply passed over them as personal preferance to just building my own guns from parts, and not getting base weapons anymore. The ICS guns are great, you rarely see CAs outside the US because most people outside the US understand AEGs a lot better. Im just saying, I think they are ugly, and they do have a limited usability as compared to TM or CA. Even still, Systema MAX guns have limited usability as opposed to CA and TM, but whos better? Up to personal preference, thank god for the free market we live in.

dang, nice job. i own a real steel DPMS... are you gunna paint the whole thing when your done with it?

Im not exactly sure what i want to do with it yet. if i get a tan rifle butt, ill probably just leave it like that, if i decide against it, i can see myself painting it.