Armalite Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The beast is Almost done! Better pics outside, tomorrow, more time will be taken, these were just some quick snapshots...

It started like this,

snip

then it went to this,

snip

now it is nearly finished at this,

snip

I just need to get my Systema switch modded with a mosfet and deans, the stock must be dremeled to hold the battery, I need to get my surefire from Old Man (my local airsmith, great guy, and helps me out with internal bits n' bobs), need to get some silicone lube and install my firefly hop-up bucking, and I need to do some chronoing and tinkering with the gearbox/motor/hop-up...

thats absoutly superb, how much did it all come to?

uscmCorps where did you buy your best gun kits? I can't find store which sells them :(

EDIT: First google result :headbutt:

The reason why they're so hard to find in stock is because almost every store has sent them back to BestGun. The reason for that... because they're a real *badgeress* to build. My first MRP I got pre-built from UNCo. about 2 years ago. The second one I bought off a friend for US$100 when I was back in HK recently as he decided he was never going to get around to building it. I took it to my gun smith here at AEX, bought and upgraded a CA Sportsline (for the internals) and installed that into the MRP. According to the gun smith, "I don't mind a MBK taking a fair bit of work and patience... but this was ridiculous!!! Never ever again." So my suggestion would be to get the gun from a store that has it prebuilt. If not, make sure you have a gun smith that doesn't mind putting in a lot of work and filing and grinding to get everything to work.

As for places to buy the kit:

MONDA Int. is a major distributor for them based in Taiwan.

DENTrinity also stocks them (search for MRP). They also have the proprietary 10.5" barrel assembly available separately.

My friend bought his from ArmedForces who as of 2 weeks ago when I was last in HK, still have many sets in stock (search for MRP).

Several other stores list them as in stock but they're not. When I was in HK I pretty much checked every Airsoft store and these were the only stores that still stocked the kits.

If I were you, I'd contact DENTrinity and ask them if you bought a MRP set from them plus internals if they'd do the installation for you. (BTW, if you were to get one plus the 10.5" barrel assembly and didn't want the 14.5" barrel assembly... let me know :) ).

Good luck!

...because they're a real *badgeress* to build.

It wasn't that bad...I've built two so far, maybe I just got lucky. The only problem was the poor hop-up unit...it takes some work to get it right. I did eventually replace it with a standard one piece hop-up eventually.

I'll be willing to sell the second one, brand new, with original hop-up if anyone wants it...it has LM&T Guardian furniture, but with Colt M16A4 lower (NOT the crappy lower it comes with...I've posted pictures of my MRP Defender here, pretty much same thing but different lower receiver and stock). Feel free to PM me if anyone might be interested.

Edited by BaBaBooey
yeah i did have a devgru sight but i lost it im in the process of buying a new 1 and silencer is on its way not too sure on peq never really like them

A lot of people say they dont like PEQs but I genuinely really like them.

If you want your rifle to look realistic then you should really add one.

Each to their own though :P

Awesome!!! Glad it got there safely!!! :D

That rifle looks bad *albatross*!

I couldn't do it without you. *laughs*

I did run into some issues when installing the JP Rifle's kit, but nothing that a little sanding couldn't fix. The systema shell is a bit snug, and I need to do some work on the fake bolt cover, but as it stands, the MUR was well worth the money.

Cheers,

Vic.

is that the chinese larue copy Medic?

Looks like it. The details are very soft, and surface appears non-uniform.

I did run into some issues when installing the JP Rifle's kit, but nothing that a little sanding couldn't fix. The systema shell is a bit snug, and I need to do some work on the fake bolt cover, but as it stands, the MUR was well worth the money.

Different manufacturers' handguards may have slightly different specs, but you still got it to fit, and that's what's most important. The ejection port cover probably won't close because DYTac used a real steel ejection port cover (and real steel forward assist button) for added realism. The only drawback is that the real catch on the inside of the ejection port cover is too large to fit against the fake bolt cover. All in the name of keeping it real looking. That being said, if you really *must* have the ejection port cover be able to close, I have heard of other customers swapping out the real steel ejection port cover with the original that came with their G&P upper.

Glad you liked it! ;)