Armalite Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

joshua: camo works great with your floor! is that where you play? :D

Very funny! ;)

Nah, I was aiming for something that wouldn't look out of place with a desert load-out (for urban), but would still work in woodland (where it needs to).

Only time will tell.

Now to find a nearby site that looks a bit like my kitchen floor...

:huh:

I got bashed for putting this in the AK variant thread. . .

Knight's Armament SR-47

I mean really. . it's not just a modified AR. . it's design from scratch. .you can't modify an AR to be able to house AK mags. . .impossible. ..there just isn't enough material on the lower receiver.

Anyhow. .still a work in progress. . gonna try to stuff my Sun Project XM177 guts into the SR-47.

SR47.jpg

SR472.jpg

(note: sorry for displaying the cheap-a$$ red dot on an SR-47. . .my Aimpoint was on my LR300 at the time.

and sorry about the AK74 mag. . my AK47 bakelites were in storage

I'll probably cut the RAS length down to 10.5" It's just too long. .I've kept the SR25 gas block intact so I can utilize the SR25 silencer if needed. . I also may go with a fixed Clubfoot modstock)

Edited by the cleaner
I got bashed for putting this in the AK variant thread. . .

Knight's Armament SR-47

I mean really. . it's not just a modified AR. . it's design from scratch. .you can't modify an AR to be able to house AK mags. . .impossible. ..there just isn't enough material on the lower receiver.

Anyhow. .still a work in progress. . gonna try to stuff my Sun Project XM177 guts into the SR-47.

(note: sorry for displaying the cheap-a$$ red dot on an SR-47. . .my Aimpoint was on my LR300 at the time.

I'll probably cut the RAS length down to 10.5" It's just too long. .I've kept the SR25 gas block intact so I can utilize the SR25 silencer if needed. . I also may go with a fixed Clubfoot modstock)

In actuality, the operating system is pretty much the same as the AR with the direct gas impingement system..., so I don't see it quite as an AK variant either. Nicely done though, you just don't see SR47s very often. :D

@ the cleaner... I definitely would go with the fixed mod stock, that retractable one just doesn't fit the form or function of an SR-47. Instead of choping the RAS I think if you used a 14.5 or 12.5 outer barrel it should do fine, I'm assuming your RAS is a 13.5.

Vic this is for you, I've gotten rid of that high mount I used and switched back to my A.R.M.S cantilever. Also added some updated pics with my C-Mag for CQB purposes. The optic will remain for the mean time until I can get my hands on an EOTech 512.

SNIP

SNIP

Ahh, yeah, that's what I'm talkin' 'bout. :D

-Vic

Edit: desertratia7.jpg

Desert Rat project...need some spacers or something, as the top rail doesn't allign with the top rail of the receiver then it's tightened all the way... :huh:

Edited by Victory

Having run with a RIS system, an Olympic Arms RAS and a KA CASV, I thought it was time to return to basics.

So, I've up and sold my RIS, RAS and CASV, and returned to my lightweight option.

5.5 lbs of everything you need (kinda) and nothing you don't.

Inspired by this thread on AR15.com.

LW-SideNoFlash1.jpg

LW-rearCarryHandle.jpg

LW-Rear.jpg

LW-Front.jpg

Parts

ICS M4

CA Fiber handguards

KA 16" barrel

CAA Triple Rails

Surefire G2

ACM flip-up sight / standard ICS carry-handle

Anyone got a standard M4 flash-hider I can snag? PM me.

Edited by Gigueand

hehe seen your pic victory he's my jp rifle atm got a crane stock to add and just waiting for the lower to be released

000_0242.jpg

only just got it and not got mt tools with me to fit all the rails :( i will post a pic when its fully built

Ok Armalite owners, I need your help

Earlier today I found a picture of an M16 VN (in the painted weapons thread, if memory serves), but I can't find it again - anyone know where/how to find that bloody thing? I need it!

it's an M16 vietnam, like I said, no 203, the stock was placed left in the picture, and hence the handguard on it's right.

what keeps this one apart from all the others is this: it was 'camouflaged' (if I may be so flattering towards it) with strips of OD duct tape, and had some very thin, silver/metallic-ish metal rod duct-taped to it's body, from just below the center of the buttstock vertically, crossed the reciever diagonally and went into the front grip/handguard

would be severely pleased if anyone could help me track down this gun (I've been through two HUGE threads now without finding it, and I'm frankly getting sick of staring at armalites all day, no matter how purty they are)

Cheers

- Pkekyo

jstuntman: very nice, i do approve. but the flashider looks somewhat out of place...

probably just me though

-joe

Joe,

At first look, yeah.. it looks ungly and out of place, but the metal noise... priceless! :D

Nou i'm gonna change by a new gadget: PFI Smoke caps:

caixa.jpg

Conjunto.jpg

Exterior.jpg

Exterior2.jpg

Interior.jpg

Let us see how it works!

STUNTMAN

Thanks, but it's very well fixed to the rail, and i'll use allways the M203!

STUNTMAN

I'm with Stuntman on this one. I usually leave my leaf sights on even without the M203.

Desert Rat is making progress...no internals yet. Just wanted to see the end result. ^_^

desertrathx8.jpg

-Vic

Edit: And yes, it's supposed to be the same as a CA Receiver...not sure why it doesn't lign-up.

Anyone know where I can buy/attain spacers?

Edited by Victory

fixed to the rail? i take mine off when not using the m203. realism ;)

and WOW, i never even heard of the smoke caps. thats freaking awesome. got any links to one?

im going to search no wanyway

-joe

p.s. m203s rock

edit: vic, that magwell thing is an abomination

otherwise, very nice!

Edited by masakarijoe