Armalite Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok Armalite owners, I need your help

Earlier today I found a picture of an M16 VN (in the painted weapons thread, if memory serves), but I can't find it again - anyone know where/how to find that bloody thing? I need it!

it's an M16 vietnam, like I said, no 203, the stock was placed left in the picture, and hence the handguard on it's right.

what keeps this one apart from all the others is this: it was 'camouflaged' (if I may be so flattering towards it) with strips of OD duct tape, and had some very thin, silver/metallic-ish metal rod duct-taped to it's body, from just below the center of the buttstock vertically, crossed the reciever diagonally and went into the front grip/handguard

would be severely pleased if anyone could help me track down this gun (I've been through two HUGE threads now without finding it, and I'm frankly getting sick of staring at armalites all day, no matter how purty they are)

Cheers

- Pkekyo

Is this the Black Rifle you seek? :P

M16porch5_med.png

Thanks for the shout out too Ben! ;)

M4A1.jpg

Just a plain-Jane G&P M4A1 with Colt trademarks. I've yet to get everything I need for what I intend to build it into, but I thought it would be nice addition to the pictures here. It's going to be modeled after the CASV'd M4s that the EOD use when I get done with it, but I plan on retaining the 14.5" barrel.

-Vic.

P.S- Nice Arredondo AR Magwell, Vic. I got a couple in my inventory made by G&P and one probably will be on the carbine when I get done with it.

My full metal Dboys M4A1, complete with Magwell abomination :P

armalite.jpg

The abomination is not used for ease of mag changes, but because that's where I find it comfortable to place my left hand. The Magwell gives me a firm grip and stops my left hand interfering with the magazine. I call the rifle "Thunderbird 2", because of the ability to choose sight "pods" depending on the scenario :D

Guiness, you really need to get a slabside upper and lower for that, it would be so much nicer....that, and an old school 3 prong w/ grenade ring.

On a correct M16A1? What ever for? :D

It's not posing as an XM16- the A1 was the backbone of the war ;)

Slainte!

Smoke caps are cool in theory but they plugged up my g36c and my clear guarder hop was black as was the inside of my barrel :( So if you use one expect to have to clear you inner barrel out and have to wash your hop rubber afterwards ;)

i must say, those magwell altering, is very interesting. Does it serve any purpose or just for looks?

Here...

The abomination is not used for ease of mag changes, but because that's where I find it comfortable to place my left hand. The Magwell gives me a firm grip and stops my left hand interfering with the magazine. I call the rifle "Thunderbird 2", because of the ability to choose sight "pods" depending on the scenario :D
i must say, those magwell altering, is very interesting. Does it serve any purpose or just for looks?

They are supposed to allow you to change magazines quicker, because they offer a larger hole to put the mag into, and they also turn the mag housing into a very effective grip, if you find it comfortable to hold the weapon there. I like mine :D

Egh, can't stand those, unless they are painted and worn out like the gun they're on and they actually match / the gun is already raped to hell anyway, then they look alright. Like this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NdnYmBikQ0 (Language).

Also, great M16 Guinness.

Edited by Render
So the purpose of a mag well is....

i just cant get my head around them like many other things. magpulls, whats wrong with tape and para cord? (rant over) :)

k

As stated already:

They are supposed to allow you to change magazines quicker, because they offer a larger hole to put the mag into, and they also turn the mag housing into a very effective grip, if you find it comfortable to hold the weapon there. I like mine :D

whjoever tried to give guiness a suggestion, dont bother, his guns are freaking perfect

as far as that magwell, useless. bulky, annoying, UGLY, and just throws more ###### on your weapon

K.I.S.S.

BTW magpulls rock. the rubber holds its shape, so you can grab it in a hurry

but paracord is just fine. i have the money, so i have magpulls. also, my life relies on them

-Joe

newshrikech7.jpg

My MUR-1 w/LaRue MRE project has gone down the tubes...so I decided to use most of the parts I bought for it on my SHRIKE, including a new D-Boys metal body w/KAC Trademarks, Element 2 Piece Barrel (So I can shorten the gun for CQB settings.) and a few other bits.

So now I can "Pug Face" my SHRIKE, heh.

Strange thing, though...the finish/coating/paint/whatever on the threads is thick...so until it wears down, I can only use my birdcage flash hider...it'll look awesome once I can use the PPA Style flash hider on it, though.

-Vic

P.S. The Rat's suppressor is a King Arms 200mm Light Weight Suppressor (w/Foam, yay!) but I've been considering one of those SmokeCap suppressors... (Old gay guy's voice on Family Guy:) Mmmmmmmmm...lol.

whjoever tried to give guiness a suggestion, dont bother, his guns are freaking perfect

Joe, you know, I don't mean to sound like an *albatross*, but perfect to you is not perfect to me. I've seen the real pictures of the weapon that (I think) Guinness is replicating, and I honestly feel that the slabside receivers look better w/ the tape/cleaning rod like that. Not that his weapon looks bad.

Joe, you know, I don't mean to sound like an *albatross*, but perfect to you is not perfect to me. I've seen the real pictures of the weapon that (I think) Guinness is replicating, and I honestly feel that the slabside receivers look better w/ the tape/cleaning rod like that. Not that his weapon looks bad.

Thanks everybody- so it's clear, as Joe said I'm replicating the M603/M16A1 as seen in these images from AR15.com

NamM16A12.jpg

NamM16A1.jpg

NamM16A1w-tape.jpg

m603m16a1.jpg

NamM16Family2models2_sml.png

...and no, the AM177E2 doesn't have the correct grenade collar on the flash suppressor ;)

Slainte!