Armalite Picture Thread

Something a little different :P

To whomever asked about the Larue 7.0. I can fit my star M6 onto the rail no problem. The first segments aren't cut properly so you'll have to do a bit of filing to get RIS covers to stay on :)

For me that stock just looks soo strange, something about its design just isnt working out for me.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PTW, one's a AN/PEQ-2A (which in my case is ACTUALLY an IR laser) the other is an AN/PEQ-5 (CVL, which is visible).

You're aware that IR can cause significant eye damage and any visible laser which is bright enough to be worth using in daylight can also cause significant eye damage, correct? If you're turning on real lasers in skirmishes, there's a real risk of hurting someone's vision.

You're aware that IR can cause significant eye damage and any visible laser which is bright enough to be worth using in daylight can also cause significant eye damage, correct? If you're turning on real lasers in skirmishes, there's a real risk of hurting someone's vision.

The damage is only permanent when the laser is held in the same spot on the retina in excess of 30 seconds, or somehere around there. Who's going to sit still for 30 seconds with a laser in their eye? Better yet, why is Titleist sitting still for 30 seconds, beaming someone in the eyeball?

The damage is only permanent when the laser is held in the same spot on the retina in excess of 30 seconds, or somehere around there. Who's going to sit still for 30 seconds with a laser in their eye? Better yet, why is Titleist sitting still for 30 seconds, beaming someone in the eyeball?

IR lasers aren't visible to the human eye. As a result, the blink reflex isn't triggered and people don't realize how much IR they're receiving. That 30 second figure only applies to low mW ratings of IR output. I personally own several lasers and some of the higher end ones can significantly harm your vision from just the IR light which spreads unlike the visible light.

I was gonna respond with something really jerky and funny at the same time. But opted against it, even though you guys know I can be quite funny at times. That said...

DUH!

I know an IR laser is invisible, hence why I'm using one. My weapon is setup for night fighting, hence why I own a PVS. I see only two scenarios happening, first one being that I'm retarded and hold a laser at night in front of my buddy's eyes for a half minute straight. Which makes me a damn mental cripple for doing that to someone else. Or I would be only turning the laser on for target designation and the chances of holding it in the same place for 30 seconds, at any kind of distance are even in the most extreme cases, completely unrealistic. Which is basically what WhiteDingo was getting at.

nice m4 5 to 1....what type is it?? is the string wrapped around the peq on (jw)

Its a WGC custom M4 with G&P midlength RAS, Magpul CTR stock, knights style flip up sights and a STAR PEQ. The 550 cord around the PEQ is to keep it on the rifle because the joining betwen the metal mount for the rail and the plastic box is farily suspect. I play pretty rough so I didnt want to look for my PEQ if it got smack on something or what not. Here are some better pics

dsc0216lp0.jpg

dsc0217au7.jpg

Edited by 5 to 1

Tilteist, like I said, it doesn't need to be for thirty seconds to cause eye damage. How many mW of IR light is that thing putting out? Regarding 20mW 532nm visible lasers at least, eye damage can occur before the blink reflex can occur if the eye is hit directly.