Armalite Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've receiver numerous PMs about the enlarged controls on my M4.

www.uncompany.com

If memory serves correct, they're made by LayLax.

-Vic

Edit: Oh, forgot one.

UCR1.jpg

I really quite like this one.

Edited by Victory

Sorry about the Mk.18/CQBR/M4 discussion!

I'm just gonna make it SEAL inspired, not truly SEAL-ish.

I only want it to look good, and work even better. I'm not doing some 100% accurate impressions like some people on these forums, I cant afford it :D

The explanation is not even correct, whoever started that ###### is wrong

I was talking about this explanation

A Mk18 is an assembled weapon used by NSWC for the Navy. It's NOT a CQB/R. The differences are, and they do look similar, is that a CQB/R is an upper assembly kit that is meant to retrofit M4A1s in service. The CQB/R is used by SEALS, PJs, EOD, etc etc.

The Mk18 is a complete gun that is assembled by NSWC, but manufactured by LMT (and a few others contributing parts like Colt, CQD, etc.)

The Biggest difference is that the CQBR is built on an M4A1 lower, whereas the Mk18 uses an M16A1 lower (you can tell because the cut near the front receiver pin is not rounded but a harder edge cut). Because of this Mk18s have CRANE markings on the right side of the lower receiver, on the magwell "in white laser engraving". There's also specific markings on the upper receiver as well. It's all real subtle, but it's there.

Because the guns look similar there's some confusion. Mk18s are issued to VBSS, CQBR's are issued to SEALs. However SEALs are used in VBSS missions sometimes so you'll see some CQBRs mixed in.

I hope that helps.

For example:

CQBR: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/comm...ialWarfare2.jpg

Mk18: http://www.navy.mil/management/photodb/pho...N-4374S-001.jpg

Which is not wrong iirc.

@ MOOSE - no problem, I get where you're coming from. Mk18 is just a touchy label.

Its not worth arguing anymore.

For what its worth. If it has any type of Colt lower and a flattop upper with the right parts(10.5 barrel, KAC rail, blah blah) its a Mk18.

I could link you to a bunch of different things to show you, hell i can show you the pdf of the official acquisition form. But i have no deathwish of walking into the SEAL thread and trying to make a point where there is no reason to. Its like dropping a nuclear bomb in a volcano. Trust me, SEALS call their guns Mk18's, they are built as Mk18's, they are mk18's.

Thats it im done, dont even respond to that, just blast me on your own time with your buddy's on aim or msn or whatever.

Edited by Azulsky
Do you get just the MRP or the whole gun kit they offer?

Ive heard of bad fitting with just the upper?

I bought the whole kit. Seeing BestGun's tolerances, I couldn't imagine just getting the upper and trying to get it to mate with another manufacturer's lower. I know others have done it (BaBaBooey and Silent Scope), I just wouldn't want to try it myself.

You bought a Short Dot for an airsoft gun...WAI?! You and your fishes, lol.

-Vic

P.S. Yes, fishes.

Edit: And yes, that am Best Gun.

It's not a S&B Short Dot. It's a Millet DMS-1. Similar concept, 1/10th the price! :blink:

Just to prove you can bolt stuff onto an SR-25 just as much as you can an M4....

it it bad that I kinda like it this way? :huh:

I think I'll replace the 551 w/ a 557 and put that 3x on a riser though.

img2117smallra9.jpg

img2118smalllk0.jpg

img2119smallfg7.jpg

It's not a S&B Short Dot. It's a Millet DMS-1. Similar concept, 1/10th the price! :blink:

Yep. Originally I was thinking about the Barska as it was less than $100. But it still didn't have true 1x magnification (1.25x or 1.5x can't remember). Then a friend mentioned the 1-4x24mm Millet DMS-1 Tactical Riflescope as another option to building a cheap short dot setup, and after perusing AR15.com I came across a thread where a lot of the RS shooters had many good things to say about the Millet. It's still made in China like the Barska is, but it's much higher quality and has 1x magnification. The Millet cost me $199. The LaRue SPR-E Replica short dot bought direct from King Arms cost me something like $50. So for about $250 (+ S&H) I got a decent setup which I could easily use on a RS rifle that aesthetically looks similar to the $2,500 setup of a Schmidt and Bender Short Dot Scope ($2,250) with a LaRue Tactical SPR-E mount ($215).

While I still may buy a real LaRue Tactical SPR-E mount, even I don't want to pay $2,250 for a scope! ;)

Yep. Originally I was thinking about the Barska as it was less than $100. But it still didn't have true 1x magnification (1.25x or 1.5x can't remember). Then a friend mentioned the 1-4x24mm Millet DMS-1 Tactical Riflescope as another option to building a cheap short dot setup, and after perusing AR15.com I came across a thread where a lot of the RS shooters had many good things to say about the Millet. It's still made in China like the Barska is, but it's much higher quality and has 1x magnification. The Millet cost me $199. The LaRue SPR-E Replica short dot bought direct from King Arms cost me something like $50. So for about $250 (+ S&H) I got a decent setup which I could easily use on a RS rifle that aesthetically looks similar to the $2,500 setup of a Schmidt and Bender Short Dot Scope ($2,250) with a LaRue Tactical SPR-E mount ($215).

While I still may buy a real LaRue Tactical SPR-E mount, even I don't want to pay $2,250 for a scope! ;)

What do you think of the King Arms SPR-E mount? I've not heard any first hand accounts of it.

My KWA M4:

P1010582.jpg

P1010583.jpg

P1010587.jpg

I was going for a MK18 look (not an exact MK18). It was originally the KWA M4 RIS that airsoftgi was selling. I'm debating whether I should keep the aimpoint + chopped rear sight or buy a replica ARMS #40 BUIS + 4x ACOG replica.

What do you think of the King Arms SPR-E mount? I've not heard any first hand accounts of it.

I like it a lot actually. I've got quite a lot of real LaRue stuff, and I was pretty impressed by this replica. It's solid, holds the scope tightly and locks on nice and solid on the rail. Well worth it. I just wish it had accurate trades, but for that setup I was trying to do it as cheaply as possible and still yield a decent result.