Armalite Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want to run VN mags in regular M4 pouches, use Magpuls or Magpul ranger plates. Makes em pretty easy to yank out, they sit just above the lip:

2461366175_d4cf38e924_o.jpg

Obviously not appropriate for a Vietnam-based or specific past era loadout, but if you don't care about that, it works. It's what I do.

I might add that if you have an AR built as a Recce or counter-sniper rifle, or even DMR, you might like VN mags better if you rarely go full auto, need something that's lower profile, go prone alot, etc.

Only problem is, that makes each magazine very expensive. Which kinda sucks. :(

But thanks for the input, guys. I think I'll buy an extra VN mag when I order, and I'll see what I like the best, and take it from there. :)

(Can't wait to order.)

Yes, I was thinking of making them myself. Use some strong type of thread, use the rills in the magazine to prevent bulges and fasten it with gaffa. Seems like a safe bet if I can get a hold of the magazine when it's in the pouch.

All of the following are Scratch Built

the M733 belongs to my brother, azngoonie313

a few things to mention-

XM177E2- G&P externals/ Systema Drop in

M733- Gaurder externals/ Systema Drop in/ Trijicon Night Sights

more pics (different) on "pictures of your weapons" thread

Mk12Mod0pic-01.jpg

Mk12Mod0pic-02.jpg

XM117pic-01.jpg

XM117M733pic-01.jpg

Edited by luvs2shoot

thanks for the positive comments guys

also i think your right, the M733's barrel does look a little longer than it should. hmmm :mellow:

in my opinion, the Xm and the M733 seem a lot longer in the pictures than when i am holding them.

Edited by luvs2shoot