Armalite Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is the VIS a 1 piece upper? or is the front end detatchable?

1 Piece; though the bottom rail section is removable, for mounting the barrel, and on the shorter ones, in case the user should wish to mount an M203 or flare launcher.... :D

Render & WhiteDingo

Thanks buddies.

USCMCorps-

I was under the impression the Real Steel Vltor VIS were cut from a single block like the MRP, rather than welded together. Mine is a modified Real upper, not the AEG version.

Render & WhiteDingo

Thanks buddies.

USCMCorps-

I was under the impression the Real Steel Vltor VIS were cut from a single block like the MRP, rather than welded together. Mine is a modified Real upper, not the AEG version.

Hades,

I just checked VLTOR's website, because I didn't belive USCM either....

Looks like he was right though :huh:

"The manufacturing process of the VIS is unique...starting with what is essentially a traditional separate upper receiver and handguard, these parts are partially machined then permanently joined using an exclusive welding process - this composite unit is then stress relieved, final machined and heat treated. This innovative process allows the VIS to accept any standard AR barrel! The only thing that is changed is the barrel nut used with the VIS, the required barrel nut and wrench is included with each VIS kit. "

So.. Please be nice to me. This is my first ever AEG.

G&P M4A1

MadBull TALON

Star QD Light & Laser

King Arms Red-Dot

G&P M16VN Magazine

post-52016-1212529039_thumb.jpg

(I'm quite impressed with myself, considering the fact that I modded it myself)

Some really nice stuff here, beautiful guns all around. Just got my first AR today, quite a switch from my old AK but a good switch, much more comfortable and natural feeling to me. Tokyo Marui M16A2, nothing special yet, won't be doing a whole lot. Going to use this for a Operation Gothic Serpent loadout I'm currently working on. Plan to add a G&P M16A2 metal body with a G&P M16A2 front end, later on add some internal upgrades, but for now it's gonna be stock. Anyways, that's enough talking from me.

P1030177.jpg

WhiteDingo-

No kidding, I didn't know that. Hmmm you learn something new everyday. I stand corrected USCMCorps was correct. On the flipside...I'm not sure if I trust a 2pc welded upper over a 1pc one now. Damn, I guess I shouldn't toss the gun around anymore (contrary to what the gun looks like if need be I go one direction and the gun goes a different direction it has touched the ground quite a few times. LoL!).

Crunchy-

Thanks for the comment, I'm not sure what machines were required to cut them as my friend did it for me but there are references on the PTW forums on what to cut.

Edited by Hades
Hades,

I just checked VLTOR's website, because I didn't belive USCM either....

Looks like he was right though :huh:

"The manufacturing process of the VIS is unique...starting with what is essentially a traditional separate upper receiver and handguard, these parts are partially machined then permanently joined using an exclusive welding process - this composite unit is then stress relieved, final machined and heat treated. This innovative process allows the VIS to accept any standard AR barrel! The only thing that is changed is the barrel nut used with the VIS, the required barrel nut and wrench is included with each VIS kit. "

now the question remains

HOW MUCH HOW MUCH!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

now the question remains

HOW MUCH HOW MUCH!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

My VIS-1-AK (carbine w/ shell deflector and forward assist) was $640. That's just the upper w/ port door. Add onto it the fact that you need a PTW to put it on....

Fellowz

Here is the parts list, if you want you can look up retail then add a little for the custom work to fit it onto a PTW.

-VIS PTW

07 PTW M4A1 MAX

Vltor VIS-2a

King Arms Battle sights

Larue SPR-E

Mojji Viper 1.5-8

Trigger Happy Suppressor

Vltor E-mod Stock

Troy Industries PR-4

Larue Low Pro gas block

Tango Down LMT rail panels

Larue LT-FUG VFG

Prime Lower

Zero Ops M4 6.03 inner barrel

Harris Short Bipod

Magpul Enhanced Trigger Guard

PDI Voltex Flash Hider

-MRP PTW

08 CQB/R with 480 motor

LMT MRP 9.0 inch with TD LMT panels

Prime Lower

Proud M4 Hider

PRI Gas Block

King Arms Battle Sights

Larue M2 mount

Aimpoint M2 with ARD

MI sling mount

Tango Down VFG

Zero Ops CQB/R 6.03 inner barrel

I figured this would be the place to post this, but has anyone had experience with the G&P 'Special Forces' kit?

It's found on Redwolf and ASGI, and probably other sites as well, but what I'd like to know is what the length it is so I can get a proper inner barrel. Thanks all!