Armalite Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^^ That looks sweet, nice work.

I think it screams for an EOTech.

I used to have an EOTech 512, but I'm farsighted, so the reticle was blurred. I know I could wear glasses under my goggles or get prescription inserts, but too much of a hassle imo.

Also, an EOTech/AimPoint would be (no offense) what most people would do with that gun, so I'd like to do something different. I really like the look of Acog's on short-barreled AR's, so if I get an optic I'm pretty sure that will be the route I'll take.

Thanks for the compliments guys.

Edited by Render
I used to have an EOTech 512, but I'm farsighted, so the reticle was blurred. I know I could wear glasses under my goggles or get prescription inserts, but too much of a hassle imo.

Also, an EOTech/AimPoint would be (no offense) what most people would do with that gun, so I'd like to do something different. I really like the look of Acog's on short-barreled AR's, so if I get an optic I'm pretty sure that will be the route I'll take.

How about an IOR Valdada/CQB? You don't see them used much...not the best of optics, but gets the job done. A colleague had one on their .223 and I thought it was pretty decent optic for the price. It looked rather nice as well.

But it might not be the best option if you're farsighted (as am I).

Also, I personally would just use the iron sights. Maybe get a matching LM&T front sight instead.

Edited by BaBaBooey
I was considering that at one point. Also maybe a LaRue/FF IronDot. I just want something a little more unique. But irons are good for now, especially since I have to focus money on filling out a rig.

I agree, I like my iron sights and use the LM&T myself (either that or a Colt carry handle). I sold all my fancy optics except for my Aimpoint 3000...almost 20 years old and still works like a champ.

More unique...how about a SpecterDR or Knight's UNS? I'm just kidding...good luck!

*snip*

The parts that I ordered finally came in, so she's just about done. All that is left is repainting the ACOG, PEQ, and RAS to match the rest of the M4.

Render- Great looking gun, I can't wait to see it when it's done.

-Piano.

DON'T DO IT! The contrast looks awesome! :(

Edited by TheKurodaVagrant
Noveske look better on barrel with FF RAS if you ask me. With regular front sight post i dont think its so hot anymore....cry

Agreed, I realized that on my M4 and got a 7.5" barrel to get rid of the front sight post.

s_ssir_03.jpg

Edited by matt.wu
I personally think the Noveske kills the lines of most M16s. Use the other flash hider.

I generally really disliked the Firepig... until I saw it used on this gun over at MilitaryMorons.com... then I had to build one:

casvmt01ay9.jpg

casvmt02qf0.jpg

oplc2008d10321la7.jpg

Couple more in-game pics...

http://img118.imageshack.us/img118/6704/op...08d10295do1.jpg

http://img386.imageshack.us/img386/8442/op...08d10287oj0.jpg

I like the Noveske when the rear of the flashhider is covered by a free float rail. I've just never been a fan of the way it tapers so strongly. Then again, I really liked what matt.wu did with his... probably because of how he balanced it out with the SIR.