1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beautiful.. this is the gun i am currently building. You have done to this gun exactly what i had decided on doing.

I was kinda hoping mine would be somewhat unique but at the same time its nice to see how it will turn out hah.

(the only differences was i was planning on getting those grips with a delta badge installed and i was going to leave the outer barrel black but still polish the front plate thing whatever you call it. )

A question; did you polish the chamber yourself or buy a silver one? if you polished it yourself how exactly did you get the black out of the writing?

The SD ported barrel for hi-capa just screwed right on to the stock WA Chamber (I tried it with the chambers on these SCW2 guns: Colt Series 80, MARSOC, SW1911, and MEU Late). The only issue is that I needed to shim the thread a bit so that the porting will be facing up at the tightest point, otherwise they will face a bit off to the side when you tighten the barrel to the tightest point. It cycled no problem when I tested this setup.

I don't have a SD chamber for WA right now so not sure if that will be solved if you pair the SD barrel with the SD Chamber for WA. I suppose one could also get the regular SD cone barrel for hi-capa and do your own porting....

Also, the interesting thing is when I tried to screw the WA stock barrel on the SD Chamber for marui hi-capa, it would not fit(or it might have required more effort to tighten, but I was afraid to mess up the threading so didn't pursue that).

Just a few quick pictures from my phone. Theres a bit of oil on the slide because I had just finished some things with the internals and my hands were a little dirty.

TM 1911

Nova Kimber Marsoc kit

Nova Kimber Beaver Tail

Nine ball Oval Hammer

Nineball 3 hole trigger

Pachmayr American Legend grips

On the inside:

Nineball Dyna Piston Head

Nineball hop up

Tanio Koba Twist Barrel

PDI Recoil Spring

And a few more goodies coming in the mail. ;)

Does the chamber from the NOVA Kimber kit come with any markings?

Im at the verge of buying a WE 1911, diamond wood grips, polishing the slide to a mirror sheen, but keeping the lower reciever black. Anyone think this is a good idea?

Also does anyone know from experience if the WE 1991 is any gd?

Oh and cause Im lazy the WE is a blowback yeah?

Edited by GenomeSoldier
The SD ported barrel for hi-capa just screwed right on to the stock WA Chamber (I tried it with the chambers on these SCW2 guns: Colt Series 80, MARSOC, SW1911, and MEU Late). The only issue is that I needed to shim the thread a bit so that the porting will be facing up at the tightest point, otherwise they will face a bit off to the side when you tighten the barrel to the tightest point. It cycled no problem when I tested this setup.

I don't have a SD chamber for WA right now so not sure if that will be solved if you pair the SD barrel with the SD Chamber for WA. I suppose one could also get the regular SD cone barrel for hi-capa and do your own porting....

Also, the interesting thing is when I tried to screw the WA stock barrel on the SD Chamber for marui hi-capa, it would not fit(or it might have required more effort to tighten, but I was afraid to mess up the threading so didn't pursue that).

I think you're cross threading the stock plastic breech. .

I've had instances where both stock magna and SCW barrels fitted to stock magna breeches. ..and then times where an SD Magna barrel wouldn't work on a Guarder Magna breech (same goes for SCW). . it's really weird. .just depends on manufacturer. . .

Also does anyone know from experience if the WE 1991 is any gd?

Oh and cause Im lazy the WE is a blowback yeah?

Do a little research. :rolleyes:

Sweet Raptor, xocomaox. I don't think I could spend that much on one pistol, but I can't help feeling jealous. :P

I've had instances where both stock magna and SCW barrels fitted to stock magna breeches. ..and then times where an SD Magna barrel wouldn't work on a Guarder Magna breech (same goes for SCW). . it's really weird. .just depends on manufacturer. . .

Well, the sd barrel's fit to the wa chamber was painless and is very secure once screwed on, and the original barrels still fit fine when I reinstalled them back so the threadings on the chamber were not damaged by the SD barrel. I am thinking about ordering another one to check also, so will report back if it works. Now if only I can find a ported metal slide for SCW2 that is not the $450 prime kit.....

That raptor is very nice. I'm thinking of getting the kit from boomarms....

Edited by srpg
Definitely WA.

Nice Raptor!

Since the last thread is now closed, a little more Raptor?

CIMG1850.jpg

I do prefer the original finish of the Raptor kits though, the new one is too matte, not "pimp" enough.. :P

Sadly I went and sold these grips :(

But I've got some custom scrolled Mesquite ones in the post :D

Edited by hardboiledcop

Um, you know he's talking about the HiCapa barrel, right?

got new camies for the background so i took some pictures today.

2007_0319famasand19110007.jpg

2007_0319famasand19110010.jpg

2007_0319famasand19110017.jpg

photoshoped.jpg

still would like to get my hands on a 2 tone kimber slide and metal frame to polish up, new grips to but I've been out of work for quite some time now so im thinking about just spraying the stock grips tan, any thoughts?