1911 Picture Thread

i would kill for that gun

gawd, it is so hard to get a metal marsoc icqb! thats all i want!

damn. i was considering doing it to a WE m1911 tactical...

-Joe

it's only hard to get a metal marsoc ICQB if you don't have money. . or had the sense to sell something valuable enough to allow you to buy a metal marsoc

you should've never let go the WA marsoc

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes it is a TM with a Nova Marsoc kit. So far it has

Nova Marsoc kit

Nova Kimber Grip Safety

Nine Ball 3 hole trigger

Nineball Oval Hammer

Nineball Full Length recoil spring guide

Polished stock barrel bushing

Painted stock grips

The finish on the barrel is very very shiny but it gets scratched up so easily and ends up looking horrible. I took some fine sandpaper to the chamber and sanded in repeating one direction strokes getting all the scratches out and giving it a slightly brushed look and then polished it up with metal polish. I think it looks way better than it did originally. I should do the same to the rest of the barrel now that I think of it...

how much is all this costing you so far? I need to start saving!

First off beautiful 1911s especialy the Kimbers guys, anyways I wanted to know if RS triggers can be fitted in TM 1911s? I asked the question before in the tech forums with no answer so I thought I'd try here so if anybody got anything on this that be very helpful even if the answer is no :D .

IMG_6651Artsy.jpg

My humble contribution. KWC 1911 with Hogue grips. It was a PAIN IN THE *albatross* to install them, since the KWC grip angle is just a little bit off. I had to bust out the dremel a fair bit. Also, I need to replace the *suitcasey* plastic grip bushings and find a way to replace them with metal ones. All in all, though, it's a damn nice pistol, especially for the price I paid!

Whosloosin92 how was the fitting of nova kit and other stuff into marui ?

It would have been a lot easier if i had known what I was doing. The slide was extremely tight on the rails so i sanded quite a bit on the rails but it ended up being the rear sight not allowing the blowback mechanism into the slide enough so i had to file that down a bit. After that the slide kept jamming up and I couldn't figure out why. It seemed to do it at random times but I finally figured out that the tab on the barrel that holds the hop up chamber in had been bent slightly away from the hop up chamber causing it to twist and bind in the slide (It's aluminum). The barrel binding was probably my fault and if I were to do it again it would only take me a minute or two do to the modifications (if any would even be needed).

My humble contribution. KWC 1911 with Hogue grips. It was a PAIN IN THE *albatross* to install them, since the KWC grip angle is just a little bit off. I had to bust out the dremel a fair bit. Also, I need to replace the *suitcasey* plastic grip bushings and find a way to replace them with metal ones. All in all, though, it's a damn nice pistol, especially for the price I paid!

Did you drop your gun and photograph it in mid air?

i think i'm going to black one...or silver??can't decide.junior, is that safety grip real steel?i thought about the compact light too.did you have any problem with the frame?my safety grip can't block the trigger bar so i am looking for real steel trigger and safety.If you guys have some parts for sale drop me a line since can't see sales section (looking for ambi safety,mainly)