1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice, but what kind of Kimber is it? Doesn't match the models I know. I guess, aftermarket metal slide, and if the frame is aftermarket, too, than it should explain my confusion.

Marsoc and Warrior come with the Novak sight, you have installed. But they both feature rail. WA offer the TLE Custom II in both versions … witch rails and without rail, but the TLEs come with this special shaped Kimber sights. But do me a favour and get some serious grips for your beautiful Kimber piece, not the crappy old school 1911A1 grips. ;) Otherwise very nice.

Edited by SamJacksonFan

I don't think there really is a Kimber like mine. I decided that the plain Marsoc was a little boring so i polished up the top of the slide and I'm working on polishing the grip safety and mainspring housing to make a silver stripe type theme. New grips are on my list right after a new thumb safety.

Well I have to say I was expecting it to be much harder to install.

Direct drop in replacement. Apart from the leaf spring that is.

Controls and grips should 'hopefully' be arriving later this week.

Edited by angel_wings
I don't think there really is a Kimber like mine. I decided that the plain Marsoc was a little boring so i polished up the top of the slide and I'm working on polishing the grip safety and mainspring housing to make a silver stripe type theme. New grips are on my list right after a new thumb safety.

tut tut :P

WW1 original 1911 blued frame coupled with blued slide & controls & some silver bits to finish it off ;)

IM000990sm.JPG

IM000984sm.JPG

though, tbho, i've added a rail since to carry an M3 light.